Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 18:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the install. Neat and clean. How about some pictures of HU, tweeters and sub in car ?
Old 20th April 2010, 22:23   #17
BHPian

Installed Pictures

ICE completed pictures. Photos have been taken with mobile phone, please bear the picture quality.

Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-comp01.jpg

Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-comp02.jpg

Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-comp03.jpg

Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-comp4.jpg

Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-comp5.jpg

Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-comp6.jpg

Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-comp7.jpg

Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-comp8.jpg

Last edited by ikoneer : 20th April 2010 at 22:25.
Old 21st April 2010, 11:20   #18
BHPian

Vote of Thanks !!

My heartfelt thanks to our distinguished fellow Bhpian - NITROUS, who was the sole reason for this wonderful ICE setup. Without his help i would not have moved forward.

Nitrous configured the ICE, sourced the ICE (involved a lot of running around), got the woofer box, spacers and amp board all by himself and was with me throughout the complete installation.
Though the installation was running late, Nitrous ensured that the installer did a neat job and nothing was done in a haste. I know he was very hungry but did not allow the work to be compromised.

Kudos to you Nitrous, I owe you many many thanks. This really means so much to me.

My thanks to Sathish and Bakiya for answering all my messages and for providing me various lucrative options. Thanks fellas.

My thanks to the installer Kannan for the good job done

My Thanks to team-bhp for providing this wonderful platform for like minded people to meet, share and help each other.

Nitrous Planning the tweeter mounting
Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-nit1.jpg

Watching the progress
Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-nit2.jpg

Installer and Nitrous
Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-nit3.jpg
Old 21st April 2010, 14:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Congrats!! That's a good choice of equipment there. So whats next? Probably the full Imprint setup right? I am sure the system can be raised to a different level all together with the Imprint processor.
Thanks and Yes, the setup has good potential to scale up. Next set of activity is to complete the damping and rear speakers.

It will take some time to mend the hole in the pocket before i look at other options
Old 21st April 2010, 15:20   #20
BHPian

Price break-up

Senthil, would it be possible to put down the price break-up ?
Old 21st April 2010, 15:37   #21
BHPian

congrats bro,

its a sweet setup you got there...anyways im very interested in knowing how did you manage to mount the amplifier behind the rear seat? as i am told its all foam and one needs to first fix a mdf board behind the seat to mount an amp in the i10....i dont see any mdf board in your setup...or is the board sandwiched between the seat and the seatcover? pics of the same if possible would be great

cheers
Old 21st April 2010, 16:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Senthil, would it be possible to put down the price break-up ?
arun, total cost is near about 45k. let me check and provide you the cost break-up. Was busy with write up and other work, hence unable to reply to your pm.

Edit: Thanks Prince85. Quite a pathetic rear seat it is, the mdf board was mounted on the back seat centre rod. I have a pic at home, will post by end of day.
Also the mdf board is covered by the seat covers and amplifier mounted on the seat cover.

Last edited by ikoneer : 21st April 2010 at 16:58.
Old 21st April 2010, 18:03   #23
BHPian

Neat Install Ikoneer, when's audition meet ? where is this installer in GP road ?
Old 21st April 2010, 19:57   #24
BHPian

Congo bro
Nice equipment and a very neat install
Old 21st April 2010, 22:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Edit: Thanks Prince85. Quite a pathetic rear seat it is, the mdf board was mounted on the back seat centre rod. I have a pic at home, will post by end of day.
Also the mdf board is covered by the seat covers and amplifier mounted on the seat cover.
Is there a rod in the back seat? Is the mdf board first screwed into this said rod and then the seat cover pulled over it? waiting anxiously for the pic
Old 21st April 2010, 23:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Neat Install Ikoneer, when's audition meet ? where is this installer in GP road ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaati View Post
Congo bro
Nice equipment and a very neat install
Thanks buddies. @2themax, Lets meet during one of the meets

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Is there a rod in the back seat? Is the mdf board first screwed into this said rod and then the seat cover pulled over it? waiting anxiously for the pic
The frame is a bigger iron rod with smaller iron lines. The pad is mounted to the center frame with 4 screws. We have also drilled additional holds at the pad corners and secured with fasteners. The pad has been fastened and the seat covers pulled over it. The amp has been fastened over the seat covers, hence the pad is not visible.

see the pic for better understanding.
Ikoneer's i10 ICE'd: start the music !!-photo0616a.jpg
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:00   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The pad has been fastened and the seat covers pulled over it. The amp has been fastened over the seat covers, hence the pad is not visible.
That is a very nice idea. Although of late I have been using the side opposite to the fuel take for amp installs. Usually there is a niche there that is usless for bags and other big stuff. In my cars (NHC, ANHC, Octy) even using 5" of depth by fitting the amp to the back seat means you cant fit in 2 26" bags or 1 30" bag and a 22" bag.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
That is a very nice idea. Although of late I have been using the side opposite to the fuel take for amp installs. Usually there is a niche there that is usless for bags and other big stuff. In my cars (NHC, ANHC, Octy) even using 5" of depth by fitting the amp to the back seat means you cant fit in 2 26" bags or 1 30" bag and a 22" bag.
thanks, it was nitrous's idea. The place you have mentioned is very good indeed, would save a lot of space and wiring would also be covered.

one of our bhp's civic had two woofers installed in the tail light area, i believe civic has the required depth. it looked very neat and provided lots of space.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks, it was nitrous's idea. The place you have mentioned is very good indeed, would save a lot of space and wiring would also be covered.

one of our bhp's civic had two woofers installed in the tail light area, i believe civic has the required depth. it looked very neat and provided lots of space.
Beautiful pics and wonderful placement of the Amp, Senthil.

I was actually thinking on the same lines, but when i pressed the seat - i never gave me any hint of iron rods in there. ultimatley ended up mounting the amps on either sides of the boot!

So when is the audition ? (love your tweeter placement - must be real music for your ears)
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:24   #30
BHPian

looks lovely ikoneer. Time to plan a meet sometime soon. Congrats

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks