Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:09   #1
BHPian

Kicker CVT65

Hi fellow T-BHPians!

This is my first post on Team-BHP and I'm ecstatic to finally become a member!
Now to the matter at hand. I'm planning to setup an ICE system in my ride (Hyundai i10 Magna). Now boot space is a big issue for me and I was browsing around the net for subwoofers that could be setup in the door, and this is what I found, the Kicker CVT65.

Its from the CompVT lineup, and measures 6.5'. So my query is if I can mount it on the doors of my ride without any issues of vibration or mounting depth? The following are the technical specs that I got from the Kicker website:

Size (IN.,CM): 6-1/2, 16.5
Impedance (OHMS): 2 or 4
Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS): 300/150
Frequency Response (Hz): 25-350
Mounting Depth (IN.,CM): 2-7/8, 7.3
Mounting Cutout (IN.,CM): 5-9/16, 14
Min Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters): .2, 5.7
Max Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters): 3, 85
Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters): Not Recommended
Max Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters): Not Recommended

Also, my dad who's abroad (UAE) has spotted the same in a shop for AED 260 (equivalent to about Rs.3000). So I is worth the buck if I install two of these in the rear doors? Also, since I haven't heard the subs, does any of the ICE gurus know if it produces decent bass in comparison with a single SVC 8' sub in a sealed enclosure?

Mods I not sure if I should post this in the 'Product Discussions' or 'Ask The Gurus' section. So please move it to the correct section, if I'm wrong.
Old 22nd April 2010, 22:23   #2
BHPian

Good Bass would really need you to move air meaning, you need a enclosure with good cubic volume to get decent bass. i'd strongly suggest you get a decent sub not this one. plus at least from my experience when i looked up on the same under the seat sub's.the required minimum cubic volume requires you to build and enclosure that in all likely hood will not fit into a car door.
my knowledge on this would be limited and you could wait for someone else's opinion
Old 23rd April 2010, 07:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Good Bass would really need you to move air meaning, you need a enclosure with good cubic volume to get decent bass. i'd strongly suggest you get a decent sub not this one. plus at least from my experience when i looked up on the same under the seat sub's.the required minimum cubic volume requires you to build and enclosure that in all likely hood will not fit into a car door.
my knowledge on this would be limited and you could wait for someone else's opinion
Advice taken mate!
I was considering the Kickers because I just wanted the lows to be clear and tight. I don't like the reverberating deep boom, if you understand what I meant!!
So what are my options for the rear, provided that boot space ain't compromised?

(Could any of the ICE guru's too opine on the Kicker CVT65's?)
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

What would this be mated to? Any good equipment should be installed perfectly for the effect you expect out of it.

There are few shallow 8 inch (IIRC) sub which can and has been fitted for Swift. Please search( forgot which thread it was).
Old 23rd April 2010, 13:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
What would this be mated to? Any good equipment should be installed perfectly for the effect you expect out of it.

There are few shallow 8 inch (IIRC) sub which can and has been fitted for Swift. Please search( forgot which thread it was).
I plan to hook up the Kicker's to a JBL GTO1004 alongwith Hertz ESK165 in the front and a Clarion DXZ586USB/ Kenny KDC-X7009U! And by the way what do you mean by IIRC? Sorry if its a dumb question.
Old 24th April 2010, 03:56   #6
BHPian

Well, today I had gone ICE hunting, however it turned out to be fruitless!! I couldn't find a single shop in Trivandrum that has Clarion or Hertz products!!

But a shop called Car Fashions at Kowdiar had the JBL GTO1004 and quoted an MRP of 15k and offered me a price of 12990 after discount with B&W.
So is this a good offer cause I have seen posts on Team-BHP with people getting this particular amp for about 10k.

And now this question I believe Mr. Das would be able to answer. Is Car Palace the only hope for a decent quality of install in Trivandrum? How about the shop I mentioned earlier, Car Fashions-Kowdiar? Are they any good?

Next is regarding the wiring, none of the shops in Trivandrum seem to have Scosche or Tsunami 4AWG wiring kits. All they offer are JBL wiring kits and then the local stuff? So my question is whether this particular Scosche kit will suffice for my setup?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks