Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:32   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

I love Mark Knopfler and dire straits recordings. KNopfler is an audiophile and takes great pains and interest in the production of his music. Also foremost in formats. HDCD, SACD etc.
Old 2nd November 2005, 23:11   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I love Mark Knopfler and dire straits recordings. KNopfler is an audiophile and takes great pains and interest in the production of his music. Also foremost in formats. HDCD, SACD etc.
True Sam. It is interesting that some of the most talented musicians are very particular about their choice of equipment and quality of recording. Knopfler has always led the brigade towards better sounding formats. Clapton too has some great recent recordings. But Knopflers earliest ones also sound awesome to say the least. I mean... who can get over 'Six Blade Knife' playing on a nice system...
Old 3rd November 2005, 00:42   #93
Team-BHP Support

JB I used to use Piano a lot to test wow and flutter but those days are now gone. I dont have any pop so hence no Mikhail Jaikishan (MJ). I use Dire Straits too esp for testing stridency in tweeters. In a car this is diffcult with all the glass panels. Alchemy is one of my all time favourite live albums.

Last edited by navin : 3rd November 2005 at 00:43.
Old 3rd November 2005, 00:53   #94
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I dont have any pop so hence no Mikhail Jaikishan (MJ).
now that u have mentioned that let me add a couple..

1. how about arnold shivajinagar(the name of a bus stand in bangy)..he is very popular by this name as many find it tough to pronounce schwarzenegger (hope i got it right)..

2. parimala (meaning fragrance) anderson..wonder which fragrance they are talking about ..saam would know i suppose..
Old 3rd November 2005, 01:00   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
now that u have mentioned that let me add a couple..

1. how about arnold shivajinagar(the name of a bus stand in bangy)..he is very popular by this name as many find it tough to pronounce schwarzenegger (hope i got it right)..

2. parimala (meaning fragrance) anderson..wonder which fragrance they are talking about ..saam would know i suppose..
mcl, u introduced sam to parimala just after that drag? then he wont remember a thing what happened at tht time

Last edited by jkdas : 3rd November 2005 at 01:02.
Old 3rd November 2005, 13:10   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Very true Sam, Dire Straits is very good, I just love his voice and listening to his music to compare stereo's.

Navin, I dont like sanatana's music much. I am a big Pink Floyd fan. Thanks for the info.

Btw, have any of you guys heard "Four Play". Thats one of the best CD's I have listened too, only instrumental. One of my audio crazy good friend introduced me to it.

Last edited by 5u3zEr0 : 3rd November 2005 at 13:12.
Old 3rd November 2005, 13:43   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
Very true Sam, Dire Straits is very good, I just love his voice and listening to his music to compare stereo's.

Navin, I dont like sanatana's music much. I am a big Pink Floyd fan. Thanks for the info.

Btw, have any of you guys heard "Four Play". Thats one of the best CD's I have listened too, only instrumental. One of my audio crazy good friend introduced me to it.
we all have heard of 'it'. comes in dvd/vcd too. and yah its about instruments

p.s. sorry mate, could help it.
Old 3rd November 2005, 21:42   #98
BHPian

Its ok, JK. You can have a laugh on me.

Most Viewed