Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 19:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Subwoofer and amp for Palio

This is my first thread on ICE section

I have a Palio and right now it has Pioneer 4050 head unit and Infinity reference 5.5" or 5" front components(not sure about the size).
I want to add a sub and amp in the boot to increase lows, right now which very less. 90% of times rear seats are empty so i don't think it makes sense to put 6x9 on the back.
I listen to pop, soft rock, jazz etc and sometimes some hindi songs also. I don't want booming lows, i am little confused which amp and sub to go for. i am a big noob in this area so please help me out guys.
I have a budget of 15-20k. I think i had posted the same topic sometime back in some thread or was thinking of posting but never got the audio upgraded.
One more thing is the crossover for the infinity speakers have be rusted, is anything can be done about that. On right side the screws/connectors are completely rusted and can't be opened.

PS: Mods please don't merge it with other threads.

EDIT: One thing i missed is i would like to drive the front speakers also from the same amp.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 27th April 2010 at 19:09.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Change your headunit first and adjust the crossovers so that you get rid of that metallic pio sound
Old 28th April 2010, 13:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Use a Polk DB 8" pre-built box under the front seat. Get a good 4-channel amp like JBL, Kenwood, Blau or even Pioneer. I think @nitrous-anna knows where to get these in Chennai. Connect the front components to 1 pair of channels, and the sub across the other pair bridged.

Any competent electronics technician should be able to replace the terminals and screws of the cross-over. Make sure you take pictures of the XOs before getting it repaired, and if possible get a wiring diagram made of the XO - so that you can verify that the replacement has been done right. Next time, put some white petroleum jelly (vaseline) on the terminals to retard rusting / corrosion.
Old 29th April 2010, 00:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Change your headunit first and adjust the crossovers so that you get rid of that metallic pio sound
Hehe that happened because of the messy setting on HU done by me and the ipod input. when i connect ipod the highs becomes too much on this HU otherwise its better with pendrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Use a Polk DB 8" pre-built box under the front seat. Get a good 4-channel amp like JBL, Kenwood, Blau or even Pioneer. I think @nitrous-anna knows where to get these in Chennai. Connect the front components to 1 pair of channels, and the sub across the other pair bridged.

Any competent electronics technician should be able to replace the terminals and screws of the cross-over. Make sure you take pictures of the XOs before getting it repaired, and if possible get a wiring diagram made of the XO - so that you can verify that the replacement has been done right. Next time, put some white petroleum jelly (vaseline) on the terminals to retard rusting / corrosion.
Thanks DerAlte, Me and bottle went to the installer today to check out some stuff. and he offered some Auditor speakers and amp. Never heard of this brand before but he said its french and good brand. The sub installation cannot be done below front seat because the surface is not flat as told by the guy.

The quotation he gave were

sub 12" - 5350
amp 4channel RIP 4280 - 8100
rear speakers RIP130c - 3150(i am not sure about the rear speakers but he suggested fixing one)
fabricated sub enclosure will be 5k and for pre made ones 1200-1500. and installation extra of-course.

I asked about polk audio sub but hes not dealing in that, anyway next week i am going to mumbai most probably so i can pick stuff from there also. i was also thinking about picking up some damping materials. i will PM b&t regarding this and see if i can pick it from him in mumbai.

About the crossover i will do the same thing, thanks again for the suggestions.

EDIT: here is the website for the same brand http://www.auditor-audio.com/speakers/

Last edited by Rahulkool : 29th April 2010 at 00:30. Reason: added website
Old 29th April 2010, 13:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be an econo-line of Focal - data sheet links redirect to Focal France! May not be bad really, but one has to listen to them before being convinced.

The dealer you went to is pushing what he wants to push, which is their usual policy (including talking of vague/non-existent problems!).

Of course B&T should be able to point you to a better variety / choices.
Old 29th April 2010, 14:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Seems to be an econo-line of Focal - data sheet links redirect to Focal France! May not be bad really, but one has to listen to them before being convinced.

The dealer you went to is pushing what he wants to push, which is their usual policy (including talking of vague/non-existent problems!).

Of course B&T should be able to point you to a better variety / choices.
Yeah he told its budget line of Focal.

I have PMed to B&T and waiting for his reply, i guess picking up stuff from him will be the best.

Most Viewed