Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2014, 13:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna OEM ICE upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
Got it. What do you you think of the installation (pics in the previous reply)? I hope the splicing up process doesn't lead to warranty issues in future. ...
The installer is splicing into the 'harness adapter', not the harness. Car companies will have an issue if the harness is tampered with, but not the harness adapter which is a part that costs 100-200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
... as the whole wiring harness has to be changed. ...
No, the harness is never changed. The alternate method, which involves slightly more work, is to crimp the wire to the LOC, along with the speaker wire to a new pin, which replaces the existing pin in the harness adapter connector (harness side, not HU side). This is the elegant method, which lazy installers ignore for the splice-and-tape method.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 23:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The installer is splicing into the 'harness adapter', not the harness. Car companies will have an issue if the harness is tampered with, but not the harness adapter which is a part that costs 100-200.

No, the harness is never changed. The alternate method, which involves slightly more work, is to crimp the wire to the LOC, along with the speaker wire to a new pin, which replaces the existing pin in the harness adapter connector (harness side, not HU side). This is the elegant method, which lazy installers ignore for the splice-and-tape method.
DerAlte Sir, it seems you have misunderstood my reply. I meant that now that the wires from the harness have been spliced, there exists no workaround this procedure to avoid warranty issues.

Also, my i20 has the elegant install method.
Old 13th August 2014, 16:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
DerAlte Sir, it seems you have misunderstood my reply. I meant that now that the wires from the harness have been spliced, there exists no workaround this procedure to avoid warranty issues. ...
Now that you say it like that, no, the deed is already done. The alternative is creating a adapter cable between harness and HU (connectors are available in the market), removing the splice, and interposing the adapter cable between harness and HU.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks