Team-BHP - Making The Palio Sound "Good" Being on a Strict "Diet"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Making The Palio Sound "Good" Being on a Strict "Diet" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/80861-making-palio-sound-good-being-strict-diet.html)

1. Your Car: Fiat Palio 1.2 Nv Sport

2. Your current setup (If any): Pioneer DEH P8650

3. Your Budget: A strict Budget of 15k since it is coming out of my pocket

4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffeur driven? Self Driven

5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Ranging From AC DC to David Guetta to Led Zep to Tiesto's Adagio 4 Strings to Cannon D to Heavy Stuff from Artists like Prodigy to Illayraja Classics to Alternative Rock Artists Such as Life house/Nirvana/Foo Fighters to Psychedelic stuff From Pink floyd to Lyric Friendly songs from The Beatles.

Additional Information:

6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : To an extent Yes.
As you can see my Music Taste keeps on varying across different Genre.
I really Hate it when listening to songs like Back in Black by AC/DC, the Extra bass ruins the song completely. But i do like listening to songs which are bass dependent such as Brazil from Deadmau5 or Adagio 4 strings by Tiesto. There have been times when i have played songs from artists such as Beatles and the Bass simply shadows the Lyrics of the song.

In general i was planning on a "clean" system with a bit of thump that can make most people with "Bass Heavy" setups go "WHAT???" when i shuffle through my tracks.

I want to throw away my speakers in my car because
1) they came in as an offer from my dealer when i bought the car(around sept 2005) so its crap
2) the wiring on the old speakers are kaput , so basically at a time only 2 out of the 4 speakers(+ 2 tweeters) are working at any given time.
3) they sound like crap

I do not want to loose my HU because(although it needs a small visit to the pioneer service center for a stuck rotor)
1) i really love this HU , paying close to 20K for it 4 years ago and it still outshines many HU's being offered today with its features.
2) Im planning to get an Ipod dock for the HU to connect my ipod video so not interested in the new HU's which play through pen drives and all.

My Questions
1) Is a sub needed for my taste of music? if yes the setup will be delayed by another 2-3 months(doesnt matter because i have already delayed this setup for 4 years :)) because since im using my pocket money n i dont earn yet (plus i have blown away close to a lac in the share market :Frustrati)

2)if the sub is needed along with the setup is it possible to give a provision for a sub to be attached later.
3) which is the best place to get the fitting done in Bangalore if not i have friends who can source the merchandise at discounted prices.

help will be appreciated.

Vinay

a small update .
The already Tight Budget of 15k has been extended to 20K(Thank You RL1040 CA :D)
the response to my thread seems to be extremely slow possibly due to my cheap budget?!! :)

Excellent thread! :)

Exactly my requirements too from budget to choice of music, even the car and year are the same. Lol.

I've only decided my HU till now and thats the Pio 7150.

A sub will definitely add a new and wonderful dimension to the audio experience. Since you already have a pretty capable head unit, 20k for the rest is pretty decent.

Look at going in for an amp, front components and a sub and maybe later on add rear speakers

is it fine if the rear speakers are attached later? i mean in sound performance and not in technicality .
The front + amp + sub +empty rear(or the old cone speakers?)