Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 12:47   #1
BHPian

Door mounting depth & mounting hole dimensions

Gurus, i'm not sure if there is a thread on the door mounting depths & mounting hole dimensions of various cars in the Indian market. So can we have one as it would be of great help to ppl who are looking to buy speakers from abroad.

Few clarifications in this regard ...

1) I would like to know if i'd be able to fix speakers with mounting depths of 3" - 3.5" on the doors of the following cars (along with a mdf spacer ring) without any/much modifications to the door panels. Also take into consideration the damping and up/down movement of window panes.
1. Santro
2. Swift
3. Punto
4. ANHC

2) The other thing is that speakers with such big drivers would be moving a lot of air. Can we get them to play to their best by fixing them on the doors of the above cars ?

Information on the above would be of great help to me as i'm looking to finalise on some equipments.

Thanks.

Note: This thread is only about clarifications and not aimed at taking a dig at the incompetencies of cars available in the Indian market.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Swift / Punto / ANHC can take 3" driver easily even 3.5" too.

Santro should be able to take 3" as fellow bhpian thelord is using 3" driver in his Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Gurus, i'm not sure if there is a thread on the door mounting depths & mounting hole dimensions of various cars in the Indian market. So can we have one as it would be of great help to ppl who are looking to buy speakers from abroad.

Few clarifications in this regard ...

1) I would like to know if i'd be able to fix speakers with mounting depths of 3" - 3.5" on the doors of the following cars (along with a mdf spacer ring) without any/much modifications to the door panels. Also take into consideration the damping and up/down movement of window panes.
1. Santro
2. Swift
3. Punto
4. ANHC

2) The other thing is that speakers with such big drivers would be moving a lot of air. Can we get them to play to their best by fixing them on the doors of the above cars ?

Information on the above would be of great help to me as i'm looking to finalise on some equipments.

Thanks.

Note: This thread is only about clarifications and not aimed at taking a dig at the incompetencies of cars available in the Indian market.
Old 10th August 2011, 18:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Door mounting depth & mounting hole dimensions

I have a similar query- can Palio SDX doors take speakers that are about 6.5 to 7 inch size and 3.75 inch mounting depth?

Will it need major modification? (I am fine with using MDF rings and a bit of metal cutting to enlarge the hole)
Old 11th August 2011, 10:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

IIRC Palio OE location is meant for 5.25" speakers; no idea about the depth it can accomodate. With a mounting ring, it should be able to take 6.5" speakers (the next size is 8", there is no 7") without any other modifications. Search in the Show Off & Sound Off section for Palio installs.
Old 11th August 2011, 11:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

I was more concerned about depth part, it is 3.75". Was wondering if rings will be enough to accommodate this.
Old 11th August 2011, 18:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Would you be able to post a pic of the OE mounting location in your Palio? Also confirm whether the mounting location is on the door pad or the inner metal layer of the door.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks