Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2005, 12:35   #16
Team-BHP Support

You need an amp. Laptop will give power which is sufficent for headphones. Rather than a laptop an ipod makes more sense. Attach a ipod holder, car charger. Feed the ipod headphone output to the amp!
Old 19th October 2005, 12:57   #17
Team-BHP Support

you need an external fader. in fact what you might need is a preamp that allows you to control balance and fader o ruse an exisiting HU with auxillary line in.
Old 19th October 2005, 17:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I know you asked Rtech but mine was/is a Alpine 7385.
navin,

you mean, is this Alpine 7385 completely detachable CD changer for the complete HU ?

also, what's the approx. cost ?

~A
Old 19th October 2005, 18:29   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont think it exists anymore amigo...
Old 19th October 2005, 23:24   #20
Team-BHP Support

the 7385 was a tapedeck made in 1987. it still works fine. I have a space set of pinch rollers and heads i have not needed to use yet and guess what it uses 2 pinch rollers and a 2 channel head that spins around on a ceramic base. real sophisticated. it has no amp (you need an external 4 channel amp to use it) and it had survived a drop from about 20 feet. they dont make them like they used to.

Last edited by navin : 19th October 2005 at 23:26.
Old 20th October 2005, 13:21   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

You see Navin, when you cannot detach it from the car, there is no need anymore for the HU to drop 20feet na?

At the most if a monkey installs it, it will fall out of the car, that is 2 or 3 feet max. heh heh
Old 21st October 2005, 02:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

hey I used it in my lancer and it worked perfectly. Ran it for 4 hours until the battery drained out.

when u buy a soundcard it has all the ports on it already.
Old 21st October 2005, 09:47   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
You see Navin, when you cannot detach it from the car, there is no need anymore for the HU to drop 20feet na?
yeah but they dont make things like they used to.
on one other occasion I had put the 7385 in it's letaher carry case and the carry case on top of the car. then i forgot and drove off and the tape deck apparently stayed there for 1 km or so and then i hear a thud and the tape deck falls off the top. No damage. Save to my ego (I was red faced).
Old 21st October 2005, 10:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah but they dont make things like they used to.
on one other occasion I had put the 7385 in it's letaher carry case and the carry case on top of the car. then i forgot and drove off and the tape deck apparently stayed there for 1 km or so and then i hear a thud and the tape deck falls off the top. No damage. Save to my ego (I was red faced).
hahahha... yeah.. I've done that to a lamp... hehehe
Old 21st October 2005, 11:06   #25
Team-BHP Support

A lamp? you got a lamp in your car?
Old 21st October 2005, 11:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A lamp? you got a lamp in your car?
hehe No I was supposed to take it somewhere and while I unlocked my car I kept it on the roof... you know the rest... hehhehe
Old 21st October 2005, 21:24   #27
BHPian

Get any plug-n-play mp3 player (Easy MP3, Belkin TuneCast, to name a few). They are inexpensive (less than $30), available easily at any electronics store outside India, and takes less than 2 minutes to set up. Best of all, they use the car FM radio (any unused frequency) to broadcast your mp3 collection and plugs into the car's 12V socket.

I am using both of the above two brands in my stock Baleno VXi, and the sound quality is as good as the best FM transmission. Moreover, with these gadgets your music is portable anywhere and in any car or FM receiver. I am able to carry my MP3 collection anywhere and play in any car which is equipped with even a simple FM radio!
Old 21st October 2005, 22:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

even cheaper mp3 players are available too. But wait for some time. Sony is preparing for a biggggggggggg worldwide launch of the blue-ray discs technology that will revolutionise the consumer electronics industry.

It is ready to take on the hd-dvd which is backed by toshiba, intel microsoft and other biggies. the best bet would be to look to buy a car audio HU by march 2006.
Old 22nd October 2005, 07:05   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Forget downloading music to your mp3 player or making cds.... check this new gadget out.... directly send songs to your cars hardrive music system via a wireless router ...no hassels, sit in your chair while the songs transfer to your cars parked below your house.
I have been thinking of getting this coz i have a wi-fi router fitted in my house in bombay... and finally i have found this gadget on 75% off sale. Check it out http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282
Old 22nd October 2005, 07:31   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Also see these installation pics from customers who have fitted them....some guys really have done a neat job
http://www.omnifimedia.com/gallery/type.asp?iType=23

All the audio experts here, I wanted to know if this system will be compatible for video files? I am planning to put it in my endeavour since I have a LCD screen fitted in it already throught my pioneer cd changer with the VCD card. So if this system can hook up to that I can store movies onto this hardisk and I am all set with music and movies...hence it saves me the hassel of upgrading to a DVD panel which i have been tryin to look for a long time....i cant figure out if this is possible or not for videos so please do let me know if you guys firgure it out. Thnx. Another good part abt this sytem is that you can upgrade the hardisk to a larger size on your on by replacing the existing 20gb internal hardrive with a larger one!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks