Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 14:17   #1

ICE for my new Indica Vista Aura

Guys,
have booked a Vista Aura Saffire and would be getting delivery of it by this weekend.But for the past 1 month I have been a silent listener to what is going on in this forum and found to my dismay that there are'nt many threads on Vista.( dont know if the Vista owners think Vista is not a car that can be ICED)Well, I'm not one of them certainly.

My requirement from my ICE is SQ and SQ alone.

I listen to Indian Music and nothing else.

My budget is 35K.

Out of this I have already procured Alpine CDA-117 HU from the US @ 11500 INR.
I already have a Alpine Sub from my previous car.
So I'm thinking of comps for the front and a 4-channel amp.Am thinking of having no rear speakers at all or to just leave the stock speakers that come with the Aura.
Would be happy if You guys come up with a suitable config for me.
Thanks
Aravind.
Old 24th May 2010, 17:48   #2

is there no-one here?

Is there no one here who can help me out or am i being a little impatient?
Old 25th May 2010, 08:28   #3
BHPian

You have selected a good HU.I think you have to confirm that what size of Components can be fitted on a Vista. I think its around 5" and Not 6.5".

For Amp i would want you to go with Kenwood 8401/8404/8405 They are good AB class amplifiers. With warranty you would get them around for 10-15k.

Get damping done on your Front doors and Trunk so as to keep out rattles.
Old 25th May 2010, 10:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Since you have a budget of around 35k left over (I assume) after the amp and sub, you can do much better in terms of amp and speakers, that is what will make all the difference.

However there is a bottle neck, only 5.25" is a straight fit into the doorpad for a Indica Vista, so component speaker choices will not be very wide.

Look at brands like JL Audio VR series or Focal Polyglass series for speakers to go with a good 4 channel amp like the focal Solid 4 or a Harmon Kardon CA470 amp (if you can get your hands on one) . Most of your budget will be covered with these two, rest you can put into install and wiring.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:12   #5

@piyush_vroom
Yes I will definitiely look into the Kenwood amp.Thanks.But what are AB Class amplifiers? (in a layman's term please)
@blueraven
35k is actually including the HU. but if I can get to sell my stock speakers and HU i could extend it to 35 k i guess.These speakers are available in chennai?and what about rear fills?

Also people in the showroom said that stock HU and speakers are blaupunkt.But i will believe that when i see the units.
Old 20th March 2015, 15:10   #6
BHPian

ICE for the Indica Vista Aura

I have a 2009 Vista quadrajet limited edition. It is running the stock ICE with stock speakers which sound very poor. I want to change both the HU and speakers with an amp and subwoofer if possible(boot space?). Any sugesstions on what HU and types of speakers? Amp and Subwoofer?

Most Viewed