Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 15:23   #1

Ford Figo ZXI: Speakers Upgrade

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to upgrade speakers for my Figo. I will be interested in going for a combination of component (at front) and coaxial speakers (in the rear) with a suitable amp for the same, while keeping the stock HU.

I am completely new to this, so please suggest a good setup including the speakers and the amp that I should go for.

I am not sure about the speaker mount sizes for Figo. But going by Ford Fusion it should be able to fit in 5"x7" speakers.

Thanks and Regards
Karthik
Old 28th May 2010, 11:16   #2

what kind of music do you listen to?
what are your expectations from the new speakers that you might be installing? what is your budget?
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:38   #3
BHPian

Does it have the Preamp out in the stock head unit?
Old 6th August 2010, 18:07   #4
BHPian

I'd also like to know what size the Figo stock door speakers are, so that I can upgrade them. Has anyone here got any first-hand experience with this?

Also, would it be possible to connect an amp and subwoofer to the stock FORD hu?
Old 20th October 2010, 22:53   #5
BHPian

Speaker Upgrade Ford Fiesta ZXI

Atlast wanted to take the plunge to upgrade my ICE, i am happy with the FORD headunit, but as confirmed by some of the fiestians planning to change the headunit. I have asked one of my friend who had gone to US to get me a Premier P800BT headunit. But i am not sure if he would be able to get one.

He would be visiting bestbuy for purchase and he is not going to do an online purchase as he would be travelling from one place to other. Tried searching through Bestbuy and i am unable to find a Double Din setup within my budget

Since i have a very lean budget wanted the experts advice if i can go for a speaker upgrade first and then can change the headunit or the headunit first and change the speakers later.

Budget HU - $200 Speakers - $100

If its headunit first then i would need bluetooth builtin for sure, not very keen with a high voltage RCA output. SQ improvement is a must so expecting atleast a 19 or 20 W RMS output from the headunit.

Please let me know the options which i can look for from bestbuy stores.
Old 20th October 2010, 23:43   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
Atlast wanted to take the plunge to upgrade my ICE, i am happy with the FORD headunit

Please let me know the options which i can look for from bestbuy stores.
See if you can get the iD CTX 5x7 coaxial speakers. Heard them recently running off the stock HU without and amp in a FIGO. Very nice detailing and staging.

Not to forget, that they are bolt on on the fiesta's a.k.a all ford's odd stock speakers specs.

Last edited by bharti22shresth : 20th October 2010 at 23:47.
Old 21st October 2010, 00:51   #7
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion bharti, i checked the bestbuy site and they dont have the ID productline :( . Need to stick with either of these options available

Infinity, Pioneer, kenwood, kicker, polkaudio, JVC, Alpine, Sony,Bazooka and only limited models seen.
Old 21st October 2010, 08:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Infinity, Pioneer, kenwood, kicker, polkaudio, JVC, Alpine, Sony,Bazooka and only limited models seen.
If you could spell out your music preferences, it would be easier for folks to help you out in selection of speaker.

Out of the above lot, my order of preference would be
1. Infinity
2. Polk / Alpine
3. Kicker

If SQ is what you after, for a $200 HU budget, I would recommend you to look at Kenwood X794 / X494.
Old 21st October 2010, 13:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

@moonraker, does your current HU have an Aux-in? If so, get a Bluetooth hands-free kit instead of changing the HU if you are on a tight budget. One can get it in Best Buy or Fry's.

Your first step should actually be to change the speakers: Infinity or Polk 5x7 components should be your target.

If your friend cannot get it delivered to one place, the alternative is 'Store Pickup'. Order it online previous day, and ask for Store Pickup at the branch that he is going to visit. Have tried it with Fry's, should work with BB too.
Old 23rd October 2010, 01:32   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
If you could spell out your music preferences, it would be easier for folks to help you out in selection of speaker.

I would recommend you to look at Kenwood X794 / X494.
Thanks Donarun, my music preference is more of trance type music, i know i should have a subwoofer to get the complete effect but i cant do any drilling or carpet removal because mine is on lease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@moonraker, does your current HU have an Aux-in? If so, get a Bluetooth hands-free kit instead of changing the HU if you are on a tight budget. One can get it in Best Buy or Fry's.

Your first step should actually be to change the speakers: Infinity or Polk 5x7 components should be your target.

If your friend cannot get it delivered to one place, the alternative is 'Store Pickup'. Order it online previous day, and ask for Store Pickup at the branch that he is going to visit. Have tried it with Fry's, should work with BB too.
Thanks for the suggestion derAlte, my friend is going to bestbuy tonight, will ask him to give me the list of bluetooth devices available so that it could be a wise advice for now. Yes my stock system has a aux in port.
Old 23rd October 2010, 08:07   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Donarun, my music preference is more of trance type music, i know i should have a subwoofer to get the complete effect but i cant do any drilling or carpet removal because mine is on lease.
you can get a box made that will house the subwoofer and the amp and simply unplug the combo when the lease ends.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks