Team-BHP - ARC audio KS300.4 and Kicker 750.1 recommendation for Sub woofer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   ARC audio KS300.4 and Kicker 750.1 recommendation for Sub woofer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/82402-arc-audio-ks300-4-kicker-750-1-recommendation-sub-woofer.html)

Hi, Got these amps and Polk audio mm6501 comps. I am yet to install them. I have a santro so is this setup recommended for Santro due to poor construction. I also have a honda city which has JBL comps and amp wit dynamat installed. So which one would gurus suggest.

Also am flexible for sub so that I can defer the cost of second sub. ARC audio has 350 RMS in bridged mode (4 ohms) and kicker has 750RMS @ 2 ohms (kicker is underated and birth sheet had 932 RMS :Shockked:

So want to take 1 sub and run thru Arc audio DVC so that I can upgrade to another sub later and make them at 2 Ohms.

Or another option is take a killer sub of 600 or 700 RMS and wire it to kicker.

I like tight and punchy bass and listen to Hip Hop, trance and bollywood songs.

Sorry to have many questions and probably confused :(

Whats your budget on the subs? Good choice on the anos

An hatchback can do even with a single sub as the cabin gain is gonna be more than the sedan. If you looking at installing the kicker amp in the City you could do with dual sub setup.
Music that you mentioned like the Hip hop, has much more low end compared to trance music. Getting tight or punchy bass depends more on how the sub enclosure is designed and what size it is. A good compromise will be a sealed enclosure. Sealed enclosure which has more flatter response can work well with both the genres that you listen to. However a well tuned ported enclosure can work wonders. It would have enough low end for the hip-hop and at the same can sound tight with trance music as they rarely have frequency going low down to 20's and at are much more 30's hz or so. A ported enclosure with port tuned around 30hz will play much more efficiently for both these genres compared to sealed. However, in car audio due to the cabin gain that is present anywhere from 9-12db sealed enclosures are preferred as they simpler to design and require half the space that of the ported enclosure.

Most of the sub comes in 4 ohm dvc and very few are available that will have 2ohm dvc. For you to run a dual sub setup at 2 ohm you would need to purchase two 2 ohm subs and for a single sub if you need to run at 2ohm get a 4ohm sub.

There is one sub that comes to my mind which can function in both the cars at 4 oms as well as 2ohms. That's Infinity kappa 120.9. This sub comes with SSI system i.e. Selectable Smart Impedance that lets you set the subwoofers impedance with the flip of a switch either at 4ohm or 2ohms.

If you decide to put the arc in santro and the mono amp in City, heres what you could do. Get 2 of these subs. Install them in 2 separate sealed enclosure. Select 4ohms on each of them. With both subs being at 4ohms, connect in parallel to the mono amp you would get 2ohm impedance. Now here's the catch, in case you want to have the sub in your santro simply take one out and connect it to the Arc and it will run at 4ohms while the other sub is running at 4ohms on the kicker. The advantage is it cures the hassle of wiring taking off the sub from the enclosure and wiring it. Infinity sub is rated at 350rms but it can handle around 400-450RMs.
This could also be done with Single voice coil 4ohm sub.

For more info on the Infinity sub look into product discussion section.

Quote:

Whats your budget on the subs? Good choice on the anos
i meant good choice on the amps

Hey Incincible thats nice of you for the detailed reply. My bugdet is around 10k for the moment. How do you rate the Hertz, IDQ and Polk Momo subs?

Sad that Alpine Type R and RF Punch 3 are not available here in bangalore. How do u rate the two if I am able to get them.

Will go for sealed enclosure as its simple. I was under the impression that two subs with 4 ohms DVC can be wired for 2 Ohms. Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiran1103 (Post 1909210)
Hey Incincible thats nice of you for the detailed reply. My bugdet is around 10k for the moment. How do you rate the Hertz, IDQ and Polk Momo subs?

Sad that Alpine Type R and RF Punch 3 are not available here in bangalore. How do u rate the two if I am able to get them.

Will go for sealed enclosure as its simple. I was under the impression that two subs with 4 ohms DVC can be wired for 2 Ohms. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hertz subs will play good in ported in enclosure, IDQ subs are good SQ subs, Haven't heard polk momo but looking at the specs I don't think it's in the same league as IDQ, Infinity, hertz are. The only sub in hertz I prefer is the Mille.
For the price both IDQ and Kappa will be a good choice along with Ground zero 12xd.
I preferred the Kappa over IDQ, both can play smoother but Kappa is wee bit more smoother, efficient and a bit louder over the IDQ.

2 subs with 4 ohm DVC can play with power at 4ohms or at 1ohm. for running at 2 ohm you will need a single 4 ohm DVC sub.
Kappa has triple voice coil design, along with the switch set at 4 ohms for both the subs it could run at 2 ohms. Best part it can be configured for running at 4, 2, 1 ohms with single or dual sub setup.