Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2016, 10:58   #136
BHPian

re: Car Audio shops in Bangalore

Hi Guys,

Has anyone recently done any kind of audio upgrade in the Koramangala / HSR Layout area ?
I've had bad experiences with regard to a few audio installs in the past and am scared to experiment with places that i dont know much about.
The upgrade is for my Nissan Terrano.
Speakers / Amps and Sub all incrementally of course.

Thanks in advance.
akshar890 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 13:16   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
Hi Guys,

Has anyone recently done any kind of audio upgrade in the Koramangala / HSR Layout area ?
I've had bad experiences with regard to a few audio installs in the past and am scared to experiment with places that i dont know much about.
The upgrade is for my Nissan Terrano.
Speakers / Amps and Sub all incrementally of course.

Thanks in advance.
2 good shops in Koramangla - Auto Fusion & Top Gear.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 13:40   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
2 good shops in Koramangla - Auto Fusion & Top Gear.
Thanks for that.
Have you been to these places recently ?
These shops tend to go down hill over a period of time.

I've heard the top gear guy takes a while to complete a job , on account of him having too many cars to handle in a day.

Also does the AutoFusion guy have a good collection of Audio Gear ? i have never been there.
Old 5th July 2016, 14:24   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that.
Have you been to these places recently ?
These shops tend to go down hill over a period of time.

I've heard the top gear guy takes a while to complete a job , on account of him having too many cars to handle in a day.

Also does the AutoFusion guy have a good collection of Audio Gear ? i have never been there.
I went to AutoFusion last year to get something fixed in my car - experience was good. I havent personally been to Top Gear though but a couple of my friends got their installs done from there.

Another option you can try is Evo in Cambridge layout.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 21:35   #140
BANNED

Harmonixx Car Audio LLP, highly reccomended.
https://www.facebook.com/harmonixxau...alore/?fref=ts
monty9991 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th July 2016, 05:52   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
I would second that, a really professional shop.

If you're planning for reasonably good hardware, then Top-Gear is hard to beat for the install.

The people really know their stuff & quality is over-the-top
Old 12th July 2016, 10:27   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
Hi Monty,
Thanks for the suggestion , i went through their page , they seem to do really high end audio installs.
But i also saw that Top Gear - Anwar was tagged in almost all the setups that were done here.
Do they both belong to the same person ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
I would second that, a really professional shop.

If you're planning for reasonably good hardware, then Top-Gear is hard to beat for the install.

The people really know their stuff & quality is over-the-top
Hi Srini,

Yes i did go to Top Gear and i did have a word with Anwar, my setup is semi high end and i am going to do it in parts.
he seems to have understood what i want exactly, but his prices seem a little on the higher side ?
Am i right ? or am i just over thinking this ?
Old 12th July 2016, 12:19   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Ive got my car's speakers installed from Sachin's auto shop. Very decent chaps and decent pricing. Only thing is their installation takes time and it gets crowded in the weekends.

I went for: Rear- Infinity ref 6532 Speakers
Front: Infinity Primus 6500Cs- Component speakers +tweeters . Good job overall and recommended.
Second that. I get all my car accessories work done from this place, and have been going there since 2006 when I bought my first car. The mechanics are polite and take car to treat your ride well, they have a good stock of equipment, and the owners are also well mannered. Also, willing to listen to your specific audio requirements before making their suggestions. Best part? Prices are very reasonable and not over the top as some other installers may charge. Have been enjoying their audio installs on my M800 as well as my second car, the Swift. The installs have been reasonably higher- endish, with component speakers, amplifiers and subwoofers all in the mix. Post installation servicing is also good, any minor issues that I have faced over the years (re-tuning requirements of head unit etc) have been addressed promptly.

As mentioned by others, reach there first hour, by 11 am, and your job will be taken up immediately.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 12th July 2016 at 12:28.
Old 12th July 2016, 15:18   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Second that. I get all my car accessories work done from this place, and have been going there since 2006 when I bought my first car. ...
+1.

Autofusion (Thouqeer) is slightly better. Guy doesn't have any airs. Anwar of Top Gear and Thouqeer were together till some years back. Anwar is more into fiberglass-based customization.

Whichever place you go to, your presence and supervision will be required to make sure, at least, that
- there are no spare parts left over after the install
- they dress and position wires neatly
- they don't do a bass-heavy or treble-heavy tuning

Take you own familiar music along in a pendrive, so that you can judge the equipment (before buying) and installation.
DerAlte is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 18:10   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Monty,
Thanks for the suggestion , i went through their page , they seem to do really high end audio installs.
But i also saw that Top Gear - Anwar was tagged in almost all the setups that were done here.
Do they both belong to the same person ?
Harmonixx Audio is a Company that imports/distribute/Sells high end Audio Components. This company is Owned by Rahul, a very well known Team-bhp iian and now is the creator/ co-founder of another automotive forum.

They use Top Gear as their front to sell their audio products, and Anwar helps them do all their installs
Pr_007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 19:57   #146
BHPian

Last week my 3 year old Infinity kappa four amp had it's first issue. The left front channel sounded distorted with low output and would stop working intermittently. Took it to EB Bass near kumara park and Mr. Asif did a wonderful job at getting it repaired and tuning the set up to my satisfaction. Thing I liked was he took time to understand my requirement and answered all my queries :thumbup:
Old 17th July 2016, 21:15   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i did go to Top Gear and i did have a word with Anwar, my setup is semi high end and i am going to do it in parts.
He seems to have understood what i want exactly, but his prices seem a little on the higher side ?
Am i right ? or am i just over thinking this ?
Yes, you could say their prices are a little on the higher side, but that said, you definitely get what you pay for
For example, when I went to Top-Gear with my beater car ( my K10 ), the quote was 4 times my estimate !
But I gave them the go ahead & the end product turned out to be even better than my primary car ( an Alto again ).
It's a pity I don't have pictures of the installs in my cars, I was all smiles when I first saw them both.
And the price tag was forgotten when I heard them both

Some advantages with Top-Gear :
- The guys, from Anwar, Rahul, the "boys" at the shop, all of them know their stuff
- The quality of the install is meticulous, no shortcuts here, every i is dotted & every t is crossed
- You don't have to be there to ensure that wires are separated & run correctly, phase is matched, interior isn't damaged, etc.
- The integrity of the install is one thing, that's just hardware, the other important thing is the software or tuning - Rahul is a professional at this
- I would even say he's a perfectionist at this, you'll get tired quicker than he does when he's tuning your setup
- You can go back any number of times to have either the layout or the tuning changed without having to worry about additional charges

Last edited by im_srini : 17th July 2016 at 21:19.
im_srini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 12:48   #148
BHPian

Since I am considering a ICE upgrade wanted to check for any recommendation in the HSR/Sajapur Road/Koramangala Area

Thanks in advance
Old 26th February 2020, 13:13   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh@rpshooter View Post
Since I am considering a ICE upgrade wanted to check for any recommendation in the HSR/Sajapur Road/Koramangala Area

Thanks in advance
Top Gear (Anwar) it is! The post right before yours is the testament to it. And, I have personally got installs done in my Fortuner too from Anwar.

He is right next to Jyoti Nivas College.
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 16:49   #150
BHPian

Is there any recommended car audio shop near Whitefield or hope farm signal? I stay in kadugodi and Top Gear will be too far. 🤪

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks