Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2006, 14:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

I can vouch for Sound Factor too. And Sam's right about the prices too.
Old 17th February 2006, 20:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I stirred up the hornets nest

Just wanted to say that I wasnt endorsing EB Bass as the best, but its amongst the better ones I know of as there are a 100 run of the mill guys in town. Anyway without doubt Sound Factor has to be amongst the most proffesional installers in our city, my friend had a real amazing infinity setup done by the guys at lavelle road. Measured in quality and not loudness!!!!
Old 24th February 2006, 12:42   #18
BHPian

I got my Swift music system installed at Car Shringar, am happy with the choice I made but I felt it was a bit too expensive, specs..

Alpine HU, Focal components for the fron door, Kicker co axials for rear door, soundstream 4 way amp and woofer cost me 56k. For a lesser budget system you can contact Car Stop on Mission Road, he is a very nice chap no con jobs, good installation and nice choices. The name is Sandeep you could say you were referred by Kini
Old 24th February 2006, 13:20   #19
Team-BHP Support

anarchist. Do you have a pricen and model number of the focal components?
Old 24th February 2006, 13:54   #20
BHPian

PitStop opp lifestyle. Got my Swift audio installed from there.Decent prices , stocks Polk, Alpine, Rockford.
Old 24th February 2006, 14:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Yes very simple , straight forward and sweet guys .. touqeer , anwar and kaiser work together .. There shops are named car fancy , auto fusion and they have 1 or 2 more i guess .. Best guys to approach if u are in bangy ..

I got our car's (swift) audio setup installed with B/W from these guys in Koramangala near raheja apartments/ or near koramangala club .

When they ( Anwar is the lead guy i guess) tuned our Car's Alpine HU 9853, they had set the volume to a very high level which did not go with my liking and had to keep telling them to reduce to a certain level for me to percieve the changes they were doing. Once the basic setup of Gain for the sub and 4 speakers done, i think we can do our own bit of tinkering to suit our tastes.

I guess most of the installs done there are for the Pioneers and the Sony based systems.

They stock a lot of brands with decent price tags i think.
Old 24th February 2006, 17:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
anarchist. Do you have a pricen and model number of the focal components?
I do not remember the model number, I will tell you that probably trow. It cost me 20k for the 6.5" speakers alone
Old 25th February 2006, 11:34   #23
Team-BHP Support

20K! WOW! 20K out of 56K was the speakers alone!
Old 26th February 2006, 15:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
20K! WOW! 20K out of 56K was the speakers alone!
Madness... wish I win a lottery soooooooooooooooooon!
Old 20th March 2006, 20:21   #25
BHPian

Well, I just went to anwar the other day to do a reinstall in my car, I have an alto. ICE as follows..

jvc kdg-305 headunit with two pioneer 400 w speakers and 1*800w subwoofer in the rear and a sony 450z 4 channel amp and two hollywood tweeters in front.
He quoted me 5.3 to redo the wiring(Bose) and custom enclosures for the speakers and ported enclosure for the subwoofer. He advised me that J.C road guys use the same enclosure for all types of subwoofers and it in turn affects the sound quality.. Is it true??

Is the price justifiable?? Help required Please????
Old 20th March 2006, 20:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider
Well, I just went to anwar the other day to do a reinstall in my car, I have an alto. ICE as follows..

jvc kdg-305 headunit with two pioneer 400 w speakers and 1*800w subwoofer in the rear and a sony 450z 4 channel amp and two hollywood tweeters in front.
He quoted me 5.3 to redo the wiring(Bose) and custom enclosures for the speakers and ported enclosure for the subwoofer. He advised me that J.C road guys use the same enclosure for all types of subwoofers and it in turn affects the sound quality.. Is it true??

Is the price justifiable?? Help required Please????
5.3k is an insane amount of money to spend on a system like that, but you can trust Anwar to atleast get it right. He's right about the prefab boxes too, they're just crap. I don't see much hope but to go with it. It aint too bad if he's gonna wire the whole thing and build custom boxes.

Stay away from Hollywood..it's the plague.
Old 20th March 2006, 20:48   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
5.3k is an insane amount of money to spend on a system like that,

Very true bass and trouble.. But cannot think about an upgrade right now, Happy with what I got, However want to tweak it a little bit

but you can trust Anwar to atleast get it right. He's right about the prefab boxes too, they're just crap. I don't see much hope but to go with it. It aint too bad if he's gonna wire the whole thing and build custom boxes.

So is the price okay????

Stay away from Hollywood..it's the plague.

They are pathetic, Should atleast upgrade my tweeters this time..
Old 20th March 2006, 22:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

KnightRider,

Boss wiring is a dodgy option. Lots of the "Gurus" are of the opinion that you should give it a miss. You can contact Venu of TMC, I think he stock Audison wiring. Get a quote from him and try and negotiate a better price with Anwar as well.

I have a pair of Boston tweeters that are under 10 days old, got them out of my cousins setup. Also got a pair of Boston FX93 (6"x9") speakers if your interested. Both were taken out of his car as he went to dubai and he brought down a massive ICE setup(idiot tells me after he came back).

Regards,
s0uljah.

Venu@TMC-Electronics
1594, East End Main Road,
Jayanagar, 9th Block,
Bangalore-560 069.
Phone : 91 80 6346775 / 6557884
Fax : 91 80 6911143
E-mail :venu@tmc-electronics.com

Last edited by s0uljah : 20th March 2006 at 22:46.
Old 21st March 2006, 14:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
KnightRider,

Boss wiring is a dodgy option. Lots of the "Gurus" are of the opinion that you should give it a miss. You can contact Venu of TMC, I think he stock Audison wiring.
Audison wiring for the setup in question?
Old 21st March 2006, 14:20   #30
BHPian

Well he gave me two other options 'PYLE' if i am not mistaken and 'MONSTER' which he said would not be required for my kind of setup.

Suggestions Please...

Souljah, Can you PM and tell me how much are you expecting for the tweeters??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks