Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 13:50   #1
BHPian

Query on Kenwood X993

Hello everyone

Need your kind inputs on kenwood X993. I am very much happy with the system [ speakers infinity reference 6030 and 6933i ]. Yesterday, I was trying to tune it so that I can extract much juice from it. I got lost in the system. I was looking for tighter bass and high pitch from the system, but I believe I am missing something. Are there any pointers to the same with respect to frequency and octave settings from the HU.

On another note, I observed that the "red" triangle and the "blue" button above auto [ on the left side ] are always glowing ? Does it happen with all the 993 units ? I don't remember if I changed anything on the same which reflects that functionality. Would very much appreciate 993 users to confirm me the same. I am thinking a lot about it.

I am attaching the 993 image sourced from google for your kind reference.

Mods: Kindly merge this query if there exists on the same topic. TQ
Attached Thumbnails
Query on Kenwood X993-ken20kdcx993.jpg  

Old 31st May 2010, 18:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

It would be difficult for anyone to give you the exact settings for crossover, EQ, TA menu etc. over the internet. When you are buying a head unit of this kind, you obviously need someone who knows about setting up systems, and familiar with Kenwood to tune it for you.
Old 31st May 2010, 20:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

You need to press the 'FNC" button for all sound tuning options.

You can either select the pre set equilizer or choose the manul option.
In manula option, there are 5 bands for you to choose your levels.
Band 1 is for lower frequencies (less than 50Hz) so on and so forth till Band 5 (for greater than 16khz)
Next head to the DTA and select auto DTA. Here you can select which position you would like to hear the sound from
Next there is an X'over here depending on your speakers capabilities cross over them appropriatley with whichever slope you find the sound appealing-generally you can cross over your Fronts at 80 Hz or above and your rears at 150Hz or above
THen there is a DSP, you can select DSP through for crisp quality.
Other tiny options like Supreme, Highway Sound and Bass Boost will help you fine tune your system as per your needs.

Red triangle is your power indicator. So it ll glow when you switch on the system. The Blue color Auto function, is the revolutionary fully automated one touch button, but sadly even kenwood didnt know what it is for (or rather care explaning what is it for)

Best of Luck with the tuning

Last edited by Mi10 : 31st May 2010 at 20:21.
Old 1st June 2010, 10:23   #4
BHPian

@Mi10 : Thanks a ton for your details reply. Will definitely try to make the changes as per your guidance. And I need to explore the definitive choices as per my taste.

@Bass&Trouble : Was looking at guidance for setting up the things in my swift. Thanks for your reply buddy.
Old 10th June 2011, 09:19   #5
BHPian

How to fix aux-in in Kenwood x993

Hi Guys
Need your help in fixing a 3.5mm auxin cable for Kenwood x993 in my swift.

What has happened is my pen drive is worn out and is not able to be read by any unit, including my laptop. Now that I have my Nokia c3 [ with 8GB microsd card ], I want to use the same for music in my car. I have already transferred my songs to my nokia phone. I have a 1.5 metre Aux in cable with me. I want to use the same with my Nokia and head unit. I can go anytime to audio dealer to fix it, but wanted to try a DIY.
Can anyone guide me how to open the glove box in swift and fix the aux in cable to the rear of my head unit. All outlets in the headunit are in the rear. I prefer a neat faceplate, hence choose this model.

Expecting to hear from you soon
Old 10th June 2011, 12:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query on Kenwood X993

Can you use your C3 as a usb device ? If yes then you don't need a AUX. You an use the phone as pen drive with this UNIT!

Do you have the keys that came with the HU to pull out the HU ?

IMHO just visit a shop pay 50 bucks and take out the HU.
abhibh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 13:07   #7
BHPian

@abhi : Why I didnt think abt microusb, I don't know.

It does work. Tested it at my end. Only concern here being the microusb cover for C3 can konk off due to rough usage inside the glove box, when the phone moves around in turns.

Let me dig out the tools of the HU. I should be having it. Else visit to the audio shop is the solution then
Old 10th June 2011, 15:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
@abhi : Why I didnt think abt microusb, I don't know.

It does work. Tested it at my end. Only concern here being the microusb cover for C3 can konk off due to rough usage inside the glove box, when the phone moves around in turns.

Let me dig out the tools of the HU. I should be having it. Else visit to the audio shop is the solution then
IMHO you are better off buying a dedicated pen drive for music. It just costs 600 bucks for 8GB drive.
abhibh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks