Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2005, 12:10   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Nooooo

I'm NOT opening the crossover. Incidentally Navin you would like it. It's got a swtichover for the tweeters, mild and dynamic.
so does the Reference but you have to actually remove the wire from 0db position to the -3db position.

nothing special in most of these circuits just an extra 2-4ohm resistor. I would prefer it if they acttually changed the Q of the crossover to change the sound.

not difficult in my opinion.

BTW Sam dont be afraid. XOs are your friend. :-)

Last edited by navin : 25th October 2005 at 12:13.
Old 25th October 2005, 12:20   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
BTW Sam dont be afraid. XOs are your friend. :-)
So are you. But you are a madman!
Old 25th October 2005, 12:35   #33
Team-BHP Support

Now Now Sam would I damage a XO?
Old 25th October 2005, 12:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

yeah viper dude

go in for the 936 in the rear and 426 in the front.its the same thing i have in my zen right now but as navin had told me earlier the sound stage will be totally at the back but unless you strectch your budget and try and fit componesnts in the front you cant do much.

so for the fronts 426 for the rear 936 amp for speakers sony 504 and your head unit.so if your budget is only 15 you wont have enough money to spend on a sub as of now.

this is only if your are interested in buying jbl.there are a lot of other brands to and just hear it before you buy anything.i just feel jbl are really good !!

Rev
Old 25th October 2005, 20:32   #35

hi Sam just wanted 2 know the JBL Speakers cost is the cost of 2 piece or just 1 single piece ? Where can i get it in mumbai do u hv any contact numbers?

Thanking u
Viper dude
Old 25th October 2005, 21:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

the cost mentioned above is obiously for a pair.ie two pieces.

where in mumbai do you stay it would make it easier to suggest a place where you can buy your stuff from.actually its available in most places but definitly by stuff with a bill and warranty.the price mentioned by sam are inclusive of vat so dont pay a penny more.i guess he only can give you the address and nos. of the official JBL outlets..if you go there and say your from t bhp i think you get a discount too

just dont buy anything just because we recommended it.i honestly feel you should listen to a couple of brands and then buy what you feel sounds the best to YOU as your the one paying for it.

need any other help just ask.so what have you finally decided upon ??

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 25th October 2005 at 21:58.
Old 25th October 2005, 22:08   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well to know about the nearest JBL dealer check out the JBL add in the automags like ACI and OD..they will have a list of all..
Old 26th October 2005, 14:53   #38
BHPian

The soundstage is actually good even with the 426 in the front. Check out my Alto. The trick is to point the lowest part of the 426 tweeters to the opposite side seat belt. Components might be better but I think this setup is also good.
Old 26th October 2005, 15:14   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
The soundstage is actually good even with the 426 in the front. Check out my Alto. The trick is to point the lowest part of the 426 tweeters to the opposite side seat belt. Components might be better but I think this setup is also good.
Unfortunately, the OLD esteem had similar pods to your alto.

The new one has speakers that fire at your knee...
Old 26th October 2005, 15:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis

hey vivek how did you do that.what do you mean by point the lower part of the tweeter ??
where did you install the 426 in the dash or in the door ??

rev

Last edited by revtech : 26th October 2005 at 15:26.
Old 26th October 2005, 15:23   #41
BHPian

The 426 tweeter is not straight. It is angled. Hold the magnet and turn the speaker. You will see that one part is higher and the other lower. Sam will tell you more.
Old 26th October 2005, 15:45   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
the cost mentioned above is obiously for a pair.ie two pieces.

where in mumbai do you stay it would make it easier to suggest a place where you can buy your stuff from.actually its available in most places but definitly by stuff with a bill and warranty.the price mentioned by sam are inclusive of vat so dont pay a penny more.i guess he only can give you the address and nos. of the official JBL outlets..if you go there and say your from t bhp i think you get a discount too

just dont buy anything just because we recommended it.i honestly feel you should listen to a couple of brands and then buy what you feel sounds the best to YOU as your the one paying for it.

need any other help just ask.so what have you finally decided upon ??

Rev
Hi Guys

Ur right rev .........Thx for the advice.

Hi Sam im from santacruz Do u know any dealer close 2 my plc? Can hv the JBL dealers name & phone number? And is true that u get discount if ur from Team BHP?

Thanking u all
Viper dude:-)
Old 26th October 2005, 15:53   #43
Team-BHP Support

there are a bunch of guys at milan subway i see just about every concieveable brand advertised there on the occations when i pass thorough. i'm quite sure almost every brand is advertised there. also there are a few audio shops sa you go from juhu garden towards juhu tara road right before the skoda show room there. oneof them has a focal board. I assume they too would carry more than 1 brand.
Old 26th October 2005, 15:54   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper dude
Hi Guys

Ur right rev .........Thx for the advice.

Hi Sam im from santacruz Do u know any dealer close 2 my plc? Can hv the JBL dealers name & phone number? And is true that u get discount if ur from Team BHP?

Thanking u all
Viper dude:-)
Dude,

I tried PMing you but your mailbox was full. Well, it's kind of true lol
Old 26th October 2005, 16:09   #45
Team-BHP Support

You get a discount but not from Team BHP. you get the discount becuase by being here Sam adopts you as a friend. And what Sam wants Sam gets. Understand! :-)

Just tell the dealer Sam sent you and if he dont play ball Sam will sit on him. You see Mclaren? He did not play ball now he's about half his original size. :-)

Trust me even the Alpine guys are afraid fo Sam and he does not even manage that brand!

The only one who is not afraid of Sam is me. I do what i want to his XOs and so far I've gotten away with it. You see, Sam finds that beating up a fossil does not prove anything. Besides beating me up (or sitting on me) does not gurantee I will learn anything from him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks