Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2010, 23:13   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
He (LBM) is pretty right about that puny amp..

Audition it, compare it and THEN buy. After all its your hard earned money.
Sirji, no offense, but for the kind of money the 8401 retails for, it is BY FAR THE best amp you get, be it the way it makes the highs, the mids or the lows sound.
I guess you haven't had the chance to audition that amp properly. Never seen a person dis-satisfied with it, except a certain person i know who prefers Ms. poooja songs to everything else.
Old 10th July 2010, 23:23   #32
BHPian

abhipuru16
I think I'd refrain from commenting on my experience with Kenwood 8401 as I can already see a war of words coming.

Bro, listen to everyone's opinion but at the end, trust your ears. That's the golden rule in ICE.

Cheers

Last edited by thelord : 10th July 2010 at 23:39.
Old 10th July 2010, 23:43   #33
BHPian

Why restrain? Okay, send me a PM the lord!
Plus, I am very much tilted towards the Auditor amp as it is Focal's sister brand. My installer is all praises about it and told me that a customer exchanged his DUB amp for this Auditor and the sound was mind-blowing. Secondly, he suggests me the Kenwood 8401 amp. These two amps would definitely be auditioned by me when my new car comes home.

What about Blaupunkt GTA4 Special MK2? Would it turn out to be costlier because I heard about this car specific kit that has to be purchased separately.

I again ask Pankyji to suggest me a combo for my type of listening.

Pardon me but what are there Ms. Pooja songs?
And regarding the subwoofer, I have the ground zero GZTW MK2 and 30T in mind. But, I highly doubt if they would suit my tastes. Then, JBL CS1204BR is also in my list as it comes with it's own bass reflex enclosure. My installer however has this sub in JBL's own sealed enclosure. He suggests me an Infinity subwoofer as well which comes with it's own enclosure as it appears on the JBL website.

For me, choosing a subwoofer sounds much more difficult than an amplifier.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 10th July 2010 at 23:57.
Old 10th July 2010, 23:50   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Why restrain? Okay, send me a PM the lord!
Plus, I am very much tilted towards the Auditor amp as it is Focal's sister brand. My installer is all praises about it and told me that a customer exchanged his DUB amp for this Auditor and the sound was mind-blowing. Secondly, he suggests me the Kenwood 8401 amp. These two amps would definitely be auditioned by me when my new car comes home.

What about Blaupunkt GTA4 Special MK2? Would it turn out to be costlier because I heard about this car specific kit that has to be purchased separately.

I again ask Pankyji to suggest me a combo for my type of listening.

Pardon me but what are there Ms. Pooja songs?
Ms. Pooja is a punjabi singer and her songs are well, you might as well just youtube them and listen what sort they are.
Old 10th July 2010, 23:56   #35
BHPian

The last I heard, even Genesis class A amps gave up playing her songs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Ms. Pooja is a punjabi singer and her songs are well, you might as well just Youtube them and listen what sort they are.
Old 11th July 2010, 00:09   #36
BHPian

Hey Bharti!
Did you read about my listening tastes? If yes, what combo do you suggest for me?
Old 11th July 2010, 00:38   #37
BHPian

How about this combo?

1. DLS CA31 – 3-channel amplifier. Two channels for speakers, and one mono channel for subwoofer – Comes around 9 to 10k

2. DLS W312D – 12” subwoofer & it plays very clean bass might come around Rs. 5 to 6k
Old 11th July 2010, 00:38   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Hey Bharti!
Did you read about my listening tastes? If yes, what combo do you suggest for me?
The 8401+ id CTX combo is just what you are looking for I think.

You could even look at 8401 + Bull audio sub of which I've only heard praises about but haven't auditioned yet.

But what I'd personally suggest to you would be a Bull audio amp (4 channel) + an id CTX sub.
I guess this could be a little out of your budget, but well, it's been the tradition of the ICE section to always make someone spend more than he initially aimed for.
Old 11th July 2010, 01:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

You can even look at Blau sub if you are not looking to spend more than 4-5k for a sub. Though i doubt it will creep into your bones if you are planning to power any of the subwoofer with 200W odd RMS in a Fiesta.
Old 11th July 2010, 01:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Abhi If I am not wrong you installed the MTX on my recommendation and I think you are not regretting it.

So go to your installer tell him to help you audition few subs + amps, select which you like the best. Simple if in doubt give me a call I can drop by to help.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 11th July 2010 at 01:27.
Old 11th July 2010, 11:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... He said that entry level JBL Amps like the GT5 S644 would make my MTX components play "very bright". ...

2. As for the sub, ... "tube-like" enclosures. ... he replied in negative saying that they are very musical ...3. ... Should I get a sealed one or a ported? ...
That's very amusing, though to be expected considering they would push whatever gives them better margin.

You need sealed, and just about any mid-range sub - JBL, Blau, Bull, ID CTX, GZ, Polk, Kicker, etc. would do for you, simply because your father is the primary user, and not you. Keep the sub amp set at a level that you are just aware of its presence, and you can detect it's absence. If in your father's absence you want to turn it up to enjoy, change the setting at the HU to crank it up a bit.

By the way, bass in hip-hop is meant to be enjoyed with a let-the-world-hear-the-boom boomy system. This is completely different from the way acoustic bass (cello bass) or electric bass is supposed to sound.

Keep your logic simple - at least you will get to enjoy the music. In your circumstances, the quest for the ideal combination is likely to leave you more confused and selection of anything less likely.

Last edited by DerAlte : 11th July 2010 at 11:37.
Old 11th July 2010, 12:46   #42
BHPian

It is not that my father would be the prime listener. If the suggestions work out just like my listening tastes then, I really don't need to think much. But, what I buy should be good enough and suit my tastes because this is how my father and I enjoy music. That was just a statement and not a ''limitation''. Hope you understand. What amp do you suggest for me Deralte?

One more question- do sealed subs have a good punch and ''go low''? Are they versatile as in my case?

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 11th July 2010 at 12:54.
Old 11th July 2010, 13:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

One more question- do sealed subs have a good punch and ''go low''? Are they versatile as in my case?
I would not say that. It depends a lot on the enclosure. Be it be ported or sealed it all depends on the tuning of the same. For me I love ported !!!!!!
Old 11th July 2010, 13:11   #44
BHPian

See sealed boxes will be more precise with its kick . It may not go that loud when compared to ported but then ported aint that precise with the kick . I have been using sealed enclosure for long time now and i simply love it as it suits my taste of music.

I would suggest you to audition few subs instead of asking everybody for there preference of combination of amps + subs . Everybody has different listening taste .

Some people would not like how a xyz sub sounds but an other person would love that same xyz sub as it suits his music taste .

Go out and audition . All the best
Old 11th July 2010, 13:30   #45
BHPian

See Ankit, this is the first time I would be going for such a system in my car. It is just that I assume most of the Gurus here are well versed with which brands ''may'' suit my taste. I am surely not going to buy anything purely based on recommendations. A lot of auditioning would be going in. As a matter of fact, I am going to bug LBMji to again give me an audition of his setup playing my kind of songs. LBMji, you listening? LOL! I am here to ask for suggestions and take advices on various brands. Auditioning would be done by me of course.LOL!
If you go some pages back, you may read about my listening tastes. Then, you may suggest me something.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks