Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:40   #1
BHPian

Best 6" Coaxials?

This is for a Polo. I've decided to stick to OEM speaker locations and upgrade the Head unit to a JVC AVX 830.

I'm looking for the best sound possible from coaxials in the door locations. No Component speakers for this car. I'm told Infinity has a really nice 6" set at around Rs. 4500 a pair. Any other suggestions?
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you can indeed get an Infinity ( but which? ), it should be a great buy.

I would suggest Auditor co-ax if you are on budget. Brilliant they are for the price. Check ICE'd A Star thread by me.
Old 4th June 2010, 10:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

I have 2 pairs of 6 inch JBL coaxial speakers in my i10. Can't recollect the exact model number right now.

All 4 speakers are fitted in the doors. I am satisfied with the sound quality.

Rohan
Old 4th June 2010, 11:20   #4
BHPian

Well. no one really can suggest or say which is the best co-axial without you telling us what music you listen to and how you like it (Bass heavy, etc.) Loads of brands out there. For example I like my music bass heavy so I have a pair of Hifonics Zeus co-axials mated to a pair of Boston acoutics 6 inch components in front.

So it all depends on your taste and its always best to get a demo before you install it. Esp if you can hear them in an installed car.
Old 4th June 2010, 21:02   #5

i haven't heard infinity, but i am getting myself a polk audio db651 for my polo for the rear.but these are 6.5 "coaxials. and they are available for 3.8k in grey, 4.5k with bill.why are you goin for a 6" coax? polo doesnt accomodate 6.5" coax?
Old 6th June 2010, 14:45   #6
BHPian

I should've mentioned that I'm eyeing the Infinity Kappa 63.9 3 way 6.5 inch Coaxials for both pairs. Problem is they're not easily available.
Old 12th January 2012, 13:40   #7

Re: Best 6" Coaxials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanth957 View Post
i haven't heard infinity, but i am getting myself a polk audio db651 for my polo for the rear.but these are 6.5 "coaxials. and they are available for 3.8k in grey, 4.5k with bill.why are you goin for a 6" coax? polo doesnt accomodate 6.5" coax?
Hi Prasanth,

Have you fitted the polk audio db651 in your polo? How is it? For what price you got it?

I am looking for a good rear door speaker for my fabia and keen to know about the performance of db651 in rear door.
Old 4th February 2012, 10:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
I should've mentioned that I'm eyeing the Infinity Kappa 63.9 3 way 6.5 inch Coaxials for both pairs. Problem is they're not easily available.
You should audition the Focal Access series, they are pretty good and have good sound quality. They are slightly on the brighter side, so if you like your high frequency more pronounced, you'll like it.

DLS performance series coaxials are good. DLS are very neutral and produce excellent sound quality. Both are premium brands and from the basic series range.
Old 4th February 2012, 19:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

One Suggestion - Invest in set of good components in the front, you can settle for co-axials in the rear. Front components make a world of difference.

You can comfortably fit an 6.5 " speakers with the help of an spacer in the door pads. I have heard good reviews about infinity, and while you are at it, along with the recommendations above, try Morel components/co-axials too. They are fairly neutral.
Old 9th February 2012, 17:06   #10
BHPian

Helix blue 6.5 2 way full range coaxial are pretty good as well. I have Helix components on front and back on my vento and they sound great. Helix tweeters have absolute brilliant clarity and the mini woofer has very nice base and so for varied songs, it works out very well. Do try them out. My suggestion which I always follow is go to the installer and choose the best speaker for your liking. Since you have decided on the kind of speaker - coaxial, get the wiring done and test the ones you like and then install the best.
Old 12th June 2012, 13:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

What would be the best bet for OHC front doors, and rear tray?

I have Quad speakers at home, and definitely would prefer that sound.
The Frequency response (from some website) in included here.
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks