Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2005, 03:30   #1
BHPian

Want to know which Amp should I buy?

Hi Guys,
well I have currently ordered these things for my Lancer. Wanted to know which Amp should I buy????
My Setup :
1) 2 x ADS 346cs Component Speakers

2) 2 x ADS 310rs/4 Component Subwoofer

3) Alpine CDA - 9855R (Also can be changed to any other Company)

4) Monster Cable 400 Series

Now the thing I want to know is that which Rockford Fosgate Amplifier should I be using. The thing is that I am currently using Rockford Fosgate Amps since about 4 years now and I personally feel they are best amongst all. I listen to all kind of music ranging from Jazz to Trance to Old Classical Hindi to Ghazals to Hip Hop. Also I would like to know what else should I add to make it sound more better. Price is not a factor. I'm not lookin to install any Screens or DVD Player just pure Audio. Also if you can recommend what all I need from the Battery Capacitor and other things related to the Battery from Monster.
Old 31st October 2005, 04:13   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hhhmm..thats a great setup there mumbaiya..but dont u think a simple 6'' coaxials would be sufficient at the back as we would want to be getting a good front soundstage..and regarding the HU the recent alpines seem to have some major problems with glidetouch,not too sure if alpines dealt with it completely..so u might want to stay away from the 9855..u can go in for a HU without the glidetouch though as alpines are really good..well if budgets not a factor then i would suggest a wonderful amplifier from AUDISON..though expensive these are fabulous and whats more u can get hold of them here only thru our tbhpians gunbir and autophile...RF does make good amps but their quality seems to be on the decline since the far east resourcing..i suggest u look into the audison lrx 5 thats a 5 ch amp and really will do wonders to ur setup and costs around 48k..here is a link :
http://www.audison.com/default.asp?lang=eng
or u can also go in for a 4 ch to drive ur compos and a mono or 2 ch to run ur sub..

if ur particular about the RF amps then go for the
1. RF Power T8004 4 ch..
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...r%20Amplifiers..
or
2. RF Power T15004 4 ch.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...r%20Amplifiers

3. RF Power T10001bd monoblock..
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...r%20Amplifiers

the punch series will be a bit lighter on the pocket than the power series..also for a fair idea of the prices pls check :
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...ufacturer_id=8

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...ufacturer_id=8

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 31st October 2005 at 04:16.
Old 31st October 2005, 04:49   #3
BHPian

Thanks alot McLaren,
I think I will prefer Rockford and Alpine. About the Glide touch you might be right but Alpine sounds sooooo goood its just unbelievable. Also I'm adding an Alpine PXA - H701 Processor to my setup. Also I wanted to know that what are the equipment that is needed from the Battery to my Amps? I mean if you can use all the Monster 400 Series Power stuff how would it be connected to 3 Amps? Another thing is that I really dont understand but my speakers max RMS is 125 Watts. And Amps always talk about it being 300 or 400 at 2 Ohms....What I would like to know is should I look at the 2 Ohms fiqure or the 4 Ohms fiqure? And about the RF Setup I had chosen on the Power T15004 4 channel Amp and 2 x Power T10001 Mono Amps. I think this is the extreme setup..... in the Rockford Range should I go lower 1 notch or get these??? I dont mean with regards to price but in regards to volume.... I mean I dont think I will ever be able to use that much power even if Im standing out of the car?
Old 31st October 2005, 10:11   #4
Team-BHP Support

Mumbaiya,

1. I love ADS I relly do but in car audio I would consider MB Quart as well. If you are going to import your stuff consider MB Quart.

2. I too RF has been having some reliability issues with their East Asian production. I am sure they will sort this out (may have already done so as of this writing) soon but for the time being you never know what batch is having a problem so I would consider alternates.

3. Why are you looking at the H701. no doubt it is a good equalliser but i would consdier a system without it before adding it. To get the best out of it you should also consider the RUX C 701.

4. There are few 5 channel amps that have the power of 4/2/1 channel amps. Of the 5 channel amps I have heard I like the Alpine F450 best and this was comapred to the Alpine 340 and a home made sub amp. Other 5 channel amps can cost more than a 4 channel amp and sub mono amp but will simplify your install JL Audio's 500/5 gives you 3 big channels for the sub and front and 2 small channels for the rear, if you want the 4 channel to have the same power you can try the AUdison recommended by Mclaren, Kicker's 700/5 or Bostan's GT50. Elsewhere on this forum someone has used the Memphis Belle which I seem to remember was around 50W/4 ch + a 200W sub channel.

Alternately you could consider a 2 amp install using a 4 channal amp for the front and rear speakers and a 1 channel sub amp like the Alpine combo such as Alpine 605 Sub amp with their 345 4 channel amp or a Orian Class D sub amp (400W) with their 100W/4ch class AB amp (forget model numbers).

The Monster link you've shown includes a distribution block so you will not have trouble with wiring your amps. I find Mosnter to be over priced.

We hope you have not forgotten to budget for some nice RCA and Speaker wire. For Speaker wire I would strongly suggest platting together 3 strands of Belden speaker wire.

And as far as your speakers are concerned I would not bother too much about power ratings. Needless to say with the kind of system you are looking at your ears might give in first!
Old 31st October 2005, 11:36   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey navin even mb quart is a good suggestion..but the latest reports said that they too are being sourced from the far east..so are RF,LA,boston(atleast i was told)among a dozen others..and the RF amps are bloody huge,u got to see them to believe it and im damn sure u have grown with these brands...mumbaiya would be loosing out totally on his boot space to that extent that forget a golf kit even a cover of ur vegetable shopping cant find an inch of place(check out the pics of the opel corsa in the the vahaan yatra thread and ul know)..thats why i suggested the audison,1st they are handmade in italy so no reliabilty issues..more over even if something happens u have a direct replacement and u can get it down with here in india only without any hassles..and the size of these audison amps are just so small its hard to believe that they deliver so much power..u got to see them to believe how tiny they are..based on these points i would love to pick an audison over RF,LA,MB,boston,soundstream(which i must admit were very good a few years back) on any given day..and more over u got our very own bhpians gunbir and JB as the dealers for audison india,so that would help too..
Old 31st October 2005, 12:00   #6
Team-BHP Support

MB just had a change in management and yes everything is being sourced in the far east today it is just that I think RF's supplier had not got his act together. There is nothing wrong with sourcing in the far east it is matter of QC only.

I have not seen the audison amps and i am told they are great. Moreover the Alpine 450, JL500, Kicker 700 etc were just siuggested alternates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks