Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 21:50   #1
JLN
BHPian

Adding USB, Aux & Bluetooth to integrated in-dash audio system

Hello Gurus, I am looking for a easy and low cost solution to do the following.

My car has a factory fitted in-dash audio system (FM + CD/MP3) - flush mounted with the dash (a.k.a SX4 ZXi). I want to do the following:

1) Add Bluetooth support to use my phone with the car speakers - I guess Parrot is an option for this.
2) Add USB and Aux inputs in some manner - am OK if the USB and Aux ports are like wires hanging in the centre (like the USB port in the ANHC).

Is there a single device/system which can do all the above - USB + Aux + Bluetooth? Otherwise, what is the easiest and cheapest way to get this done. I am also willing to sacrifice Aux if required, but Bluetooth and USB are a must.

The car is a Verna.
Old 18th June 2010, 22:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
1) Add Bluetooth support to use my phone with the car speakers - I guess Parrot is an option for this.
2) Add USB and Aux inputs in some manner - am OK if the USB and Aux ports are like wires hanging in the centre (like the USB port in the ANHC).

Is there a single device/system which can do all the above - USB + Aux + Bluetooth? Otherwise, what is the easiest and cheapest way to get this done. I am also willing to sacrifice Aux if required, but Bluetooth and USB are a must.

The car is a Verna.
There is gadget known as FM transmitter which can be fitted in your 12v jack for cigarette lighter. It can take care of all less bluetooth. You can connect a pen drive/SD card or an audio input.

This device transmits at FM frequencies. You have to tune the same frequencies in your ICE and this gadget.

If you are an audiophile stay away from this arrangement.
Old 18th June 2010, 23:38   #3
JLN
BHPian

if I use this FM transmitter stuff for USB and Aux, can I still use the Parrot stuff for Bluetooth?

Also any idea how much the FM transmitter device and the parrot device for Bluetooth cost?
Old 19th June 2010, 11:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

First check whether the HU has Aux-in or not. All HUs usually have, though it may not be very evident or documented. The Service Center guys should be able to help find which pins correspond to the Aux-in. If none, you have to go the FM transmitter route.

Check in the DIY section, there is a thread with a DIY USB interface solution which connects to the Aux-in

There are plenty of Bluetooth hands-free kits out there - Parrot, Nokia, Jabra, etc. some of which interface with the Aux-in, and others with built-in speakers
Old 29th September 2014, 13:48   #5
BHPian

Anyway to put bluetooth on Ford Fiesta ICE?

Hey guys!

I have a peculiar issue. I am looking to buy a used Fiesta and have shortlisted a few. The thing is that the car that I am most liking is a Style edition Fiesta and its ICE doesn't have bluetooth. I called Ford service centre and they said that I will have to fix a new Fiesta ICE which is for Rs 37,000. I am happy to not be stupid enough to spend Rs 37,000 just for bluetooth on my car.

Since putting new ICE is out of question and bounds I need to find an alternate solution. And for this I turn to you. Is there anyway I can put bluetooth on the existing ICE on this Fiesta Style? If no, then what are my options? I don't want to remove this system and put a third-party panel.

The only option that I see is using headphones with my phone or a bluetooth headset (which I hate).

Thanks!
Old 29th September 2014, 14:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anyway to put bluetooth on Ford Fiesta ICE?

Buy a stereo bluetooth headset (with detachable headphones) and connect it to the aux input of the stock ICE.

Something like this:

http://www.flipkart.com/nokia-bh-121...2-cb499b08f43d

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 14:08   #7
BHPian

Re: Anyway to put bluetooth on Ford Fiesta ICE?

Hi there,
Regarding Bluetooth, I think your only option in case you don't want to go for another ICE setup is to get a Bluetooth car kit. You can look at brands like Parrot and Jabra. Prices are in the range of 10k. Quality wise they are very good and even though a bit expensive these are worth the buck you spend provided you use Bluetooth on a regular basis.

Cheers !!!
aswin ajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 17:28   #8
BHPian

Stream music on 2007 Mercedes

I have a 2007 W211 Mercedes e280 cdi. The car has bluetooth functionality for talking on mobile via bluetooth by using an adapter which fits into the armrest, but it does not stream music. Is there any way I can stream music from my phone on the cars system without changing the original music system.
Old 8th February 2019, 18:20   #9
Team-BHP Support

Re: Stream music on 2007 Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
I have a 2007 W211 Mercedes e280 cdi. The car has bluetooth functionality for talking on mobile via bluetooth by using an adapter which fits into the armrest, but it does not stream music. Is there any way I can stream music from my phone on the cars system without changing the original music system.
It should have an Auxiliary In port in the glove box most likely. I had same issues on the older X6 and used the Audio Cable to stream music.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th February 2019 at 18:22.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 18:30   #10
BHPian

If you dont have an aux in port then you can use something like this.

https://www.amazon.in/CRUST-Bluetoot...dp/B07JVRG32D/

This allows you to stream bluetooth music wirelessly to a fm bandwidth on your car audio system

Last edited by deepakc : 8th February 2019 at 18:31.
deepakc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 19:20   #11
BHPian

Use an adaptor like this :
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bYcTQIq8
Costs under ₹150.

It serves both music and calls.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks