Team-BHP - Will an Amp help??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Will an Amp help?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/8422-will-amp-help.html)

HI people. I have a sony 5610 mp3 player in my Baleno with pioneer 6991 speakers at the rear and 5" sony speakers in the front. But I am not happy with the bass production of the rear speakers.
How much of a difference will it make to the sound quality if I install a 2 channel Amp. Will it make some differnece to the sound quality?
I don't want to get a woofer installed because i need the space in the boot of my car..

Please suggest :confused:

thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arup10
HI people. I have a sony 5610 mp3 player in my Baleno with pioneer 6991 speakers at the rear and 5" sony speakers in the front. But I am not happy with the bass production of the rear speakers.
How much of a difference will it make to the sound quality if I install a 2 channel Amp. Will it make some differnece to the sound quality?
I don't want to get a woofer installed because i need the space in the boot of my car..

Please suggest :confused:

thanks.

most here would say pio give good bass ( sure ur pios are original?)

still if u need BASS, sub is ur answer i guess. you can opt for an IB setup ( sub at the abck b/w your rear speakers. ( search around for IB in this forum). Its easier and pocket friendly and dont even take ur boot space. and its booooommm booommm

Thanks jkdas for a speedy response. But I am not too keen on going for subs. pls tell me how much of a difference to the sound will a 2 channel AMP make.

well like JK said pls check the authenticity of the pio 6991's..have a similar setup in my friends baleno and i must say the bass is pretty neat..well a amp will no doubt do its work...in the sence u can play it at higher volumes without distortion but with a 2ch the sony fronts would give up i guess though ur rears would play cleaner at high volumes..to solve this problem u might have to set the fader slightly towards the rear..but that would mean soundstage from the rear and not from the front (the way its supposed to be)..well personally i feel the options on the sony 5610 to be lacking as compared to the pio/alpine HUs as a matter of fact i found the pio HUs to have better tinkering options than the sonys..id also say try tinkering ur bass and treble settings and see what best u can achieve before adding an amp..

maybe ur rears might have been wired out of phase if the bass reproduction isnt that great..did u check the performance of these speakers with a freind who has the same and compared them..that would give u a idea if they are wired out of phase..well a sub is the best way to get bass and nothing to beat it..u can as always take the sub out whenever u need to use the boot or u can have it on the parcel tray and have the best of both worlds..

coming to ur question the amp(2ch) will make a difference to ur rears but not sure if the sony fronts will take up the loud volumes and play clean..by using the fader im sure u can strike a good balance..
PS: i think im suffering from "navinitis" too..my posts are gettting longer and longer day by day ;) ..

With a two channel amp you can only connect two speakers, either the fronts or the rear. But yes there will be a difference in sound quality.

I would recommend you buy an entry level 4 channel Pioneer or Sony amp for around 4000. That way all four speakers will get clean power and the sound quality in your car will be much cleaner.

well another thought... can you get compos at the front in place of the sonys? If can do so, you would be lot happier. Still we would suggest a 4 channel amp. MOst Hu's cant power teh speakers to it full capacity and hence the need for amp. And as mcl said, maybe your pios are connected out of phase. gurus inputs pls regarding this problem.

1. check phase - mclaren got there first.
2. check wires - upgrade them
3. add amp - sony's 504 can be got for under 4K

Thanks evrybody for your valuable suggestions.
I'll get the wiring checked and try out the amp option as well.

Will let you know whatever is the outcome.

Thanks once again