Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2005, 16:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
firstly this thread is in the wrong part of the forum..should be in ICE..
anyways im sure one of our mods will correct that shortly..

as far as ur setup goes i dont see a 4 ch amp to run ur rears and the fronts..so u better get a 4 ch amp from alpine as i see almost everything else is alpine..
one problem i see is that the baleno takes in only 4'' speakers in the front so i guess a pair of ur 6.5'' will have to go for a waste..though u can try out to mod ur door to see if they fit..that would be the only option that u may have..the fact that almost all indian cars cant accomodate any speakers above 4'' is quite disheartening to see..so if ur ready to mod ur front doors to accomaodate the alpine components id say the best guy to do this work for u will be thoukeer who is put up at koramangala and also does a fabulous job at installs..so i would recommend u to get it done by him as he is the best u can get in bangalore..
i dont think there is a necessity for a stiffining cap as the OE battery and alternator should be quite sufficient..however i suggest u get good wiring kit from monster and also good cables for ur speakers and also use crimps,connectors,cable ties et all rather than the taped wiring method..so do spend about 3-4k on the wiring as its one of the most important factors if not the most..
Mclaren,
the Baleno takes in 6 in easily in the front.. I have JBL 606CE in my Baleno in the Front...without any mods!!!(which I upgraded to after enduring some 5inch GT Series 2 way Blaupunkt for a while) Just do some googling and you will confirm this
Old 7th November 2005, 18:47   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Mclaren,
the Baleno takes in 6 in easily in the front.. I have JBL 606CE in my Baleno in the Front...without any mods!!!(which I upgraded to after enduring some 5inch GT Series 2 way Blaupunkt for a while) Just do some googling and you will confirm this
well guys actually buffetans right..the baleno can take in atleast 5.25'' at the front..i think it was the older version of the balenos that had the 4'' limit..v1p3r's car is fitted with 4'' as he says that was the only thing that could fit..but yesterday checked out satan crazy's baleno vxi which is running on soundstream 5.25'' compos at the front..was going to report this to u all today but buff got there first..so lets remember that the baleno can take in compos at the front beginning with this..

PS : not too sure if the size is the same on the lxi and the vxi..bcoz both v1p3r's and satans configs are different..both seem to be pretty sure about the fronts being 4'' and 5.25'' respectively..
Old 8th November 2005, 01:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

I have Baleno Lxi and have 6.5 in compos in the front (which is what JBL 606 CE are)..of course tweeters are on the dash...no place for that but the midwoofer and the fits neatly in the door space provided..crossover is hidden somewhere behind the dash...
All Maruti persons I talked to told me that Baleno can take only 4 in in teh front..and they made me happy by "upsizing" me to the 2 way 5 1/4 in useless Blaupunkts...I wanted better speaker one day I googled and found that it can take 170mm speakers in the front ..and then I called up Sam and ordered the 606CE...)
But rear can take only 6 (Or 6.5? inch ovals)...so one nedds to cut the parcel tray by a gas cutter (which I did) to fit a 6*9

Last edited by Buffetfan : 8th November 2005 at 02:01.
Old 8th November 2005, 02:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumarit
Folks:

I just spoke to Thouqeer over the phone and this is what he has proposed. Please share your feedback/suggestions, the execution will happen on Monday.

Alpine CDA-9847 MP3/CD Player: Baleno
Alpine SPR-17LS 300W 6.5' speaker set: Baleno
Pioneer TS-A1681R 260W 6.5' speaker set: Swift
Alpine SWE-1042 Type E 10' subwoofer set: Baleno
Alpine MRP-M350 Mono Power amplifier: Baleno for Subs
Q-Logic Dual Subwoofer box: Baleno

In addition to this:
- Buy JBL 6x9 set for rare? Rs.9k? Any specific model?
- Buy 4 channel Amp to drive speakers from JBL? Model? Cost?

What do you fellows suggest? Looks like I have to spend around Rs. 15K more for audio.

-SKumar
Skumar,
see this link for my all JBL setup in my baleno...it is pretty good to hear
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=62
Old 9th November 2005, 09:10   #50
BHPian

Thanks for the responses.

It is all DONE. In addition to what I had we used 6X9 Alpine SPE690A for rear and JBL 4 channel amp to drive 4 speakers. I also got K&N replacement filter and upgraded headlights. It sounds great. I paid Rs.21K. I will try to get some pictures and post it in next couple of days.

Folks, thanks again for your input.

-SKumar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks