Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 12:00   #16
BHPian

Welcome to the DLS club Soccerfan!
A very nice install. Although, I am not a big fan of crossovers installed in doors.

And you are right about the JBL 608c comps. They are very bright and their sound signature is miles apart from the the DLS C6A. I suggest you disconnect the JBL tweeters for the time being. The mid-bass drivers will provide some bass and once you get a sub, you could get rid of the complete set.

Enjoy the music!
Old 1st July 2010, 12:05   #17
BHPian

The Price of the Amp is 14.5K , the damping is worth 2.5K, Worked out a total package of 28K inclusive of install for soccerfan.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:11   #18
BHPian

Guys, can similar setup go into a E+ variant without messing up the Blu&Me and the battery.
Couple of points regarding the Blu&Me/HU.
> The HU can be turned on without the key in.
> If you are on a call and the car is switched off in between the Blu&Me makes the HU stay on till the call is completed.
Someone said something about the Amp staying on and killing the battery and stuffs, so thought should get more knowledge.
Old 1st July 2010, 14:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjo View Post
Guys, can similar setup go into a E+ variant without messing up the Blu&Me and the battery.
Couple of points regarding the Blu&Me/HU.
> The HU can be turned on without the key in.
> If you are on a call and the car is switched off in between the Blu&Me makes the HU stay on till the call is completed.
Someone said something about the Amp staying on and killing the battery and stuffs, so thought should get more knowledge.
Same thing can be done on E-Pack also. My amp turns off when HU turns off. Doesnt drain the battery
Old 1st July 2010, 14:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice setup! Replace the JBL with better speakers and it will be even sweeter.
Solid4 has speaker inputs, cool! I too might go for it for my i10 ice upgrade.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:51   #21
BHPian

muneemmk,

you had posted the same amp in classifieds for 13900, has there been a increase in the price?, also pm me the price of kappa60.9cs if you deal them.what would it cost with you if I wanted to use dynamat instead of noise kill for a budget damping for ANHC and Palio stile (all four doors).

cheers,

Makesh.R
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makesh View Post
muneemmk,

you had posted the same amp in classifieds for 13900, has there been a increase in the price?

Nope, no increase in price,there is a small tax benefit when being billed to customers unlike soccer fan's amp which was billed to my retail counter, will pm you bout the comps makesh.
Old 8th July 2010, 01:22   #23
BHPian

Hey, the DLS c6a max RMS is around 60W and the Solid 4 Max RMS in each channel is around 75W. How is that getting handled?
Old 8th July 2010, 21:21   #24
BHPian

the amp can deliver 75 watts max. But the speaker would take only 60W. No probs if the speaker is rated less than the amp.
Old 9th July 2010, 13:06   #25
BHPian

Damping is ....

Hi am a newbie in this, but once I saw the damping pic, am sure that its done somewhere in Kerala without seeing the location. No sarcasm at all, most cars I've seen are equipped with good components but were very easily cornered by these type of installation.

Infact I was also about to dumped by this type of fooling technique when I approached one of the good installer in Cochin. He was demanding 3K for good damping with some imported material. That time one I20 was iceing in the showroom with 2 pairs of comps at front, 1 pair at rear with a pair of Momo Sub. I waited there to see the damping work but it didnt get completed that day so I given the car next day for the installation and left from there for my work. I got some free time to check the damping tips by B&T and others with pics, something flashed in my mind. I called up them and hold the damping work untill I reach there. He was a very tricky person, saying that its over
but I was sure that he cant finish it within that time so I rushed over and found its not done.

I was so lucky to see the so called damping to another Swift which was progressing. It was just sealing the holes of the door panels with the same material above showed. They were not even touching the inner ie; outer sheets for this, just covering the openings with the material. The joker who was installing briefed me that if I dont do this doors will rattle due to the bass producing the comps. But I was adament not to do the damping from him as its useless from the words of gurus here. By that time he had removed the plastic cover on the door panels for damping and destroyed the plastic. I was feeling sick of it and some how managed to finish the job without damping. Yes my speakers will make rattle if I push the volume to its near clipping limit and the sub too some times, but normally I dont use that so the damping is pending. Yet to find a good installer or DIY with some alternative.

Gurus is there anything wrong if the plastic cover is not attached to the door panels? I will drive most of the time with AC so rolling down is a rare case in case of water seepage. Pls advise. BTW my car is Chevy Beat.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:45   #26
BHPian

Re: ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied

Hi BHPians!

I am on the way to upgrade ICE on my Punto E.

Currently I have the following setup.
Pioneer DEH-6390SD - HU
Rockford Fosgate 1652 Prime Coaxials in the front doors
Rockford Fosgate 152 Prime Compos in the rear doors.

I have recently placed order for Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4 Amp and Rockford Fosgate Amp Installation Kit from US a friend of mine is carrying them for me.

Somehow I became RF fan! :-)

I will get my hands on the Amp and the installation kit on 8th Dec.

Now, I need to choose the right SUB. I do not want to install a 12" SUB as I would need to sacrifice a lot of space in the boot.
I am looking for a SUB of 10" or maybe 8"?? (Would 8" be too small?)

Please suggest me a good SUB within 5-6K range and I would need to save as much space as possible in the boot.
So far, I feel RF P1S8-10 Punch Series is what I have an eye on and unless I audition them, can't decide. Is there any other good SUB of 10"?

Or am I compromising a lot by not choosing a 12" SUB?

Last but not the least - please suggest me a good installer in Hyderabad! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I promise to post the pictures once I get them installed.

Last edited by punto_ : 6th December 2011 at 14:56.
Old 12th December 2011, 20:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Hi BHPians!

I am on the way to upgrade ICE on my Punto E.

Currently I have the following setup.
Pioneer DEH-6390SD - HU
Rockford Fosgate 1652 Prime Coaxials in the front doors
Rockford Fosgate 152 Prime Compos in the rear doors.

I have recently placed order for Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4 Amp and Rockford Fosgate Amp Installation Kit from US a friend of mine is carrying them for me.

Somehow I became RF fan! :-)

I will get my hands on the Amp and the installation kit on 8th Dec.

Now, I need to choose the right SUB. I do not want to install a 12" SUB as I would need to sacrifice a lot of space in the boot.
I am looking for a SUB of 10" or maybe 8"?? (Would 8" be too small?)

Please suggest me a good SUB within 5-6K range and I would need to save as much space as possible in the boot.
So far, I feel RF P1S8-10 Punch Series is what I have an eye on and unless I audition them, can't decide. Is there any other good SUB of 10"?

Or am I compromising a lot by not choosing a 12" SUB?

Last but not the least - please suggest me a good installer in Hyderabad! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I promise to post the pictures once I get them installed.
Even if you didn't promise we all would be more than glad to help

the RF's subs are good enough and a 12" would be better, and can be detached from the boot any given day to relieve boot space
Old 12th December 2011, 20:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Same thing can be done on E-Pack also. My amp turns off when HU turns off. Doesnt drain the battery
cant be done on the emotion pk model. the terminal from where you have tapped the 12v remote out does not turn off in emotion pk model.

in emotion it switches on and off based on head unit.

in emotion pk when ur head unit is off and you turn on the ignition key the terminal immediately gets 12v and amplifier goes on.
Old 13th December 2011, 17:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Affects View Post
Even if you didn't promise we all would be more than glad to help

the RF's subs are good enough and a 12" would be better, and can be detached from the boot any given day to relieve boot space
Thank you very much Sound_Affects... I have actually got the installation done.. got the RF PS4-12 model... Punch Series P1. Its 12" SUB and I simply loved the bass! I will post a mini review soon!
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:36   #30
BHPian

Hey All!

I am really sorry for the delay for the post.. I have got the Sub installed. RF Punch Series P1 - 12".
I am very pleased with the audio quality. I am posting some pictures.. thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-dsc03169-medium.jpg  

ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-dsc03146-medium.jpg  

ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-dsc03142-medium.jpg  

ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-dsc03147-medium.jpg  

ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-dsc03148-medium.jpg  

ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-dsc03150-medium.jpg  

ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-dsc03152-medium.jpg  

ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-dsc03154-medium.jpg  

ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-dsc03163-medium.jpg  

Most Viewed