Team-BHP - ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/84546-ice-ice-baby-punto-ice-fied.html)

Punto (Emotion onwards) comes with a OE music system. The speakers are an aboslute horror to say the least. I cant increase volume beyond 6 as it starts jarring. Thought of just upgrading the front speakers and added a JBL GTO 608c comps. That sounded a helluva lot better than the stock speakers. I could increase the volume to around 16 now. But still wasnt satisfied . Oh and the installation was crappy to say the least. This was done in Jan.

Jumping the company in IT brings its own rewards in the form of PF money,
gratuity etc stupid:. I was planning to get my ICE upgraded when i receive the gratuity money. Just wanted to upgrade the rear speakers and do some
damping on all doors and then Muneem (fellow bhpian) gave me this idea of
the DLS C6A comps and Focal Solid 4. You may wonder why i went for solid 4 with the OE HU and no sub. Punto OEM headset doesnt come with a pre out. So wanted a good amp with speaker level inputs.This sunday he arranged the installation. Let the pics do the talking for installation.DLS went to front doors and JBLs were moved to rear doors. Focal went to the boot..

ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0441.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0442.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0444.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0445.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0448.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0450.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0453.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0456.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0457.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0459.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-photo0003.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0461.jpg
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied-img_0469.jpg

Now i will do the talking for the listening part . It sounds way way better than what i had earlier."Comfortably Numb" never felt so good. More refined and it sounds just right for me. The 608c is a bit bright though. Have to do something about it. hmm.

And the million dollar question is am i satisfied with it. Hell No (just
like muneem warned me)!!! Why - Like Neo to Trinity in Matrix "bass. lots
n lots of bass!!"So when i am i going to get the guns err!! bass?? 3 months
from now , i believe i will kick some real punto "boot" lol:

Stage 2 upgrades coming - HU upgrade + Sub. Back to listening as of now.And a big thanks to Muneem for answering all my queries and arranging the install on a Sunday. You rock man!!!

Cost splitup

Comps - DLS C6A - 8k
Amp - Focal Solid 4 - 13k
Damping - 4k
Wiring - 3k

Specs

Focal Solid 4DLS C6A

Bl00dy! :D

Please drive down to Trivandrum! My compos are resting near my bed! Envy you man!

i was expecting you JK. LOL :uncontrol. I got the idea for DLS from your thread only. So when are you coming to Kochi for installation??

Interesting installation, got the link from your ownership report. I wonder why the insulating tape (if that what the silver stuff is), is cut into pieces in such an irregular and random fashion. I know these won't be visible, but it seems that a workshop that takes pride in its work will pay attention to this.

I know I am being too nitpicky (and perhaps wrong as I don't know much about ICE ), you enjoy the music. :D

What they have done is not completely wrong,

the idea is to close all fissures / holes where ever the pad will be exposed to the inside of the door, really cleans up the sound.

However it could look like this too .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1957672)
Interesting installation, got the link from your ownership report. I wonder why the insulating tape (if that what the silver stuff is), is cut into pieces in such an irregular and random fashion. I know these won't be visible, but it seems that a workshop that takes pride in its work will pay attention to this.

I know I am being too nitpicky (and perhaps wrong as I don't know much about ICE ), you enjoy the music. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1957672)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 1957773)
W

However it could look like this too .

This type of install is called a budget install :D

Soccer; what next?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1957784)
This type of install is called a budget install :D

Yep and it does not look wrong to me,

Anyways noise kill is cost effective so even the entire door wont cost an arm and leg more, but as I felt, it's not totally wrong either what they did . :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 1957791)
Yep and it does not look wrong to me,

Anyways noise kill is cost effective so even the entire door wont cost an arm and leg more, but as I felt, it's not totally wrong either what they did . :thumbs up

Since money was a constraint i made sure we did enough damping to fill all openings in the door. I can go for more damping at a later stage if needed.

Hey kiran couldn't hang around to audition it,maybe come around for a meet this week if you are in town.

I had Dynamat with me but to keep the costs in check used the noise kill , if some kind of rattling or something like that comes up could always open up and add one more layer of the same thing even then it wouldn't cost anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soccerfan (Post 1957614)
And the million dollar question is am i satisfied with it. Hell No (just
like muneem warned me)!!! Why - Like Neo to Trinity in Matrix "bass. lots
n lots of bass!!"So when i am i going to get the guns err!! bass?? 3 months
from now , i believe i will kick some real punto "boot"

He he.. No bass, no ICE!!!!

Nice setup :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by muneemmk (Post 1959569)
Hey kiran couldn't hang around to audition it,maybe come around for a meet this week if you are in town.

I had Dynamat with me but to keep the costs in check used the noise kill , if some kind of rattling or something like that comes up could always open up and add one more layer of the same thing even then it wouldn't cost anything.

Will try to meet you on saturday morning as i am occupied for the rest of the weekend. No rattles now :thumbs up. Doors closes with an even better thud and some rattles have disappeared altogether.
Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 1959601)
He he.. No bass, no ICE!!!!

Nice setup :)

Thanks mr. cleverji :)

nice equipment , but sorry for 4k you just got only this much of damping and that also noise kill ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiragh_bir (Post 1960172)
nice equipment , but sorry for 4k you just got only this much of damping and that also noise kill ???

This includes the total labour cost for ICE instalaltion also. Thats why 4k

Congrats soccerfan. Nice install.

Btw, music is not completely about bass. You will sure need an unbiased setup for complete enjoyment. This is the right sequence of upgrade. Get the comps then add more bass with a sub. Otherwise you won't get the balanced feel. I am telling from my own experience. I installed the bull sub with 2stock speakers (blaus)in front and 2 6X9 in the rear. What happened is that the system is more rear biased (i prefer it more). Those 2 speakers in the front are of no use at all. So the main singer is the rear 6X9s. But now I can't increase the bass beyond a certain level. The bull will crack the sound of the ovals after certain level. So there will be only bass and cracked music in the front. I have to install a good pair of compos in the front to balance the system.

Any way nice setup bro, an audition is pending, why don't we make another 'quick meet in cochin?'

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaisakhr (Post 1961018)
Congrats soccerfan. Nice install.

Btw, music is not completely about bass. You will sure need an unbiased setup for complete enjoyment. This is the right sequence of upgrade. Get the comps then add more bass with a sub. Otherwise you won't get the balanced feel. I am telling from my own experience. I installed the bull sub with 2stock speakers (blaus)in front and 2 6X9 in the rear. What happened is that the system is more rear biased (i prefer it more). Those 2 speakers in the front are of no use at all. So the main singer is the rear 6X9s. But now I can't increase the bass beyond a certain level. The bull will crack the sound of the ovals after certain level. So there will be only bass and cracked music in the front. I have to install a good pair of compos in the front to balance the system.

Any way nice setup bro, an audition is pending, why don't we make another 'quick meet in cochin?'

i think you didnt read the post well. I have added DLS C6A comps in front and moved the 608c to rear door. So thing pending is the sub:D