Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 14:40   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Right place to buy ICE Products in Dubai?

Hello Guys

We are shopping for Basic ICE Products (Total Budget <20K/car) for Polo and Spark.

Requirement is,
Head Unit - Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer or Sony
Speakers - JBL or Illusion

My cousin can get the products from Dubai.

Please help us with the right places/shops to buy in Dubai.
Old 29th June 2010, 15:46   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Hello Guys

We are shopping for Basic ICE Products (Total Budget <20K/car) for Polo and Spark.

Requirement is,
Head Unit - Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer or Sony
Speakers - JBL or Illusion

My cousin can get the products from Dubai.

Please help us with the right places/shops to buy in Dubai.
There are lot of places where you can go and buy the stuff:
- Go to Naif road deira, after you cross the shingadha tunnel the first signal left and you see shops on both sides, these are all accessories shop with models displayed and connected to speakers. After a 150-200 mtrs walk you will see a Pioneer board, he has all the latest pioneer model, I dont remember the name of the shop other than it has a Pioneer board, I have bought of HU in the past.
- You can go to Jumbo- who sells Sony stuff, if you go to Khaleej centre which is located near meena bazar you will see a standalone Jumbo showroom, I think the audio accessories is dedicated on 3rd or 4th floor.
- Then you can also go to carrefour, you will get some models there to and then you have places like jackeys (they sell JVC).
-If you are looking for high end units you go to times square yellow hat, ,they have lots of model on display, but mind you will be little expensive than market as they have higher costs.
-Also call up GUlf Wireless, get the number from local just dial kind of service, they have a showroom on Sh Zayed road close to 3rd interchange, you will get lots of stuff there too.

I hope this helps, happy shopping..

Last edited by The Saint : 29th June 2010 at 15:48.
Old 29th June 2010, 16:19   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

@ The Saint

Thanks a lot! I remember the Naif road place you are talking about now! Been to there to check out Dish Antenna recievers.
Old 29th June 2010, 16:50   #4
BHPian

Best place in Dubai is Naif, no doubt. Road towards Hyatt from Naif signal have shops on both the sides. You will get it cheap and most of the guys know the speaker size which fits the Indian cars also. I am not sure if all of them will have genuine products.

If you want to try the authorized dealers below is a list:

Al-Wifaq General Trading - Nasser Square, Deira, Dubai. Tel: 971 4 2212323 - For Alpine & Clarion

Eastern Commercial Agencies - Deira, Dubai, Tel: 971 4 2226596 / 2222977 - For Pioneer

Jumbo Electronics - For Sony at Various Locations in Dubai, Best would be their main showroom in Bur Dubai.

Oasis Enterprises - Airport Road, Dubai . Tel: 971 4 2821375 - For JVC (For <20 K Budget, you can get a nice head unit with DVD player and all speakers required. )

Major outlets like Lulu Hypermarket (I saw a JVC Exad single din model for AED 999 - DVD with a in-built screen, USB & Blue-tooth) , Carrefour, Sharaf Digital etc. will have a collection of all brands on display. Yellow Hat shops are too expensive as mentioned by "The Saint". Most of the time there are offers running at major shopping malls in Dubai.

Now is the right time for shopping because of the Summer Surprises promotions.
Old 30th June 2010, 11:14   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks a lot, jaguar.runs. My cousin is in touch with Al-Wifaq for Alpine and Clarion.
Old 7th November 2010, 10:44   #6
BHPian

Nice thread. I plan to get Kenwood U346 HU from Carrefour. Now next challenge is to try to source Illusion Electra EL4.1 components and JBL GTO948 6x9. Any idea if its available there. If not will have to settle for KickerES4.2 components available here.

Shall be following this thread.

Cheers
Old 10th November 2010, 23:39   #7

Hi,

I was in Dubai 2 weeks to pick up ICE for my Vista. I was looking for a hi end HU with Navigation (or at least navi ready so that i can by the GPS kit with maps from Sat nav / mapmyindia). These were the places I checked out:

3 malls : Deira City Center, Dubai Mall (where the Burj Khalifa is) and Mall of Emirates. All these malls will have a Jumbo Electronics shop, a Sharaf DG shop , a Jacky's shop (these 3 are the biggest chain of electronic stores) and some other exclusive showrooms of some brands. The problem in all these shops is that, ICE is a very small section of the store with limited models / brands available.

There are a lot of dedicated car accessories shops in Deira / Al Nahda area.. but they are stand alone shops and one needs a car to go from one shop to another.

If you want to bargain, there are many electronic stores in Al fahidi Street in Bur Dubai.. But I was not sure if they were selling genuine or non defective stuff because some of them reduced prices like crazy compared to the malls.

Since I did not have much time, after doing a basic price comparison in the malls, i found carrefour to be the cheapest amongst the mall stores. The carrefour in Deira city center mall had a better set of models available (especially kenwood) since i picked up all kenwood stuff (HU, Amp, Woofer) he gave me a set of speakers (oval) free.

Rgds
Koushik
Old 12th November 2010, 14:30   #8
BHPian

Next time you visit Dubai and you plan to shop ICE or any kind of rocking stuff related to cars and ICE, you should visit Yellow hat at Times Square on the Sheikh Zayed Road very close to Brasha interchange, it is a standalone showroom who only deals in all products for car-filters, exhaust system, ICE, alloys etc, you name it and they almost have everything. It is a little expensive in comparison to other retailors but when you will visit the showroom you will realise that they have spent a bomb to make this store, so obviously you will find stuff to be a little more expensive then outside.

You should also source number for gulf Wireless, Mr. Shaji is a very good friend of mine, he can guide you with some amazing systems and he has a huge store on the shiekh zayed store where they do custom fittings, you will be blown off with his great work.

Happy shopping to all.

Cheers

Last edited by The Saint : 12th November 2010 at 14:31.
Old 29th January 2011, 10:06   #9
BHPian

ICE For Swift

Iam going to Dubai on Sunday so can you guru's please tell which markets to go to find car accessories.I was thinking of buying a sub woofer from there so which sub woofer to go for in a small budget,also please tell if i can buy any other accessory from there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks