Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 12:37   #1
BHPian

Hertz Space K6 v/s Rainbow SLC265 Kickbass!

Hey guys, am starting off with the most important virtue of an SQ setup which is the front soundstage. The car in question is the SX4....Budget is around 20k and the rainbow slc kick falls bang in that budget with B&W in india......I have heard good reviews about this set here itself on tbhp.....

There is also the lovely Hertz Space K6 (not the cheaper K6L) comps which are available for around 40k in india but i am getting them for around 20k from dubai and since i have a few friends in dxb.......procuring the set from there won't be an issue!

Please help me choose between the two....My music tastes are predominantly SQ but a little dynamice in nature.....i mostly listen to songs by BSB, Boyzone, Westlife, Mariah Carey, Shania Twain, Richard Marx, Akon at times and some latest bollywood songs.....soo the listening tastes are a bit varied in nature....

I am aware that between the two the Hertz Space K6 is pegged at a higher level than the Rainbow SLC Kicks but i am still a bit confused. I would have preferred the Hertz Mille MLK165 over both the above mentioned sets but sadly the mille midbass driver requires significant mounting depth which is an issue with the SX4 front doors....

I plan to bi-amp the front comps with a 4ch amp......(Audison Lrx most likely).....

Gurus and fellow members......waiting for your valued suggestions

Last edited by prince85 : 5th July 2010 at 12:45.
Old 5th July 2010, 15:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Kick Bass Systems are genrally designed to give more emphasis on powerful midbass. And Rainbow tweeters are generally on the sharper side.

Hertz Space was designed keeping in mind the locations of install. Its magnet itself is very light and thin when compared to the SLC's Beefy magnet.

However the special note on Hertz Tweeters. They are clean and bring in superb midrange and highs.

ON the Note of biamping - Check if both has Biampable Crossovers (I dont think the Hertz Space has this - Not sure) or If your planning to eliminate the passive crossover - I would suggest SLC's here becasue;
  • The Tweeters can take in more power than the Hertz's
  • the Crossover Frequency can be higher than the Hertz's giving you more depth in midrange
  • The Midbass can be LPFed as low as 2Khz - which is a reasonbly good thing
All the above, IMO
Old 5th July 2010, 17:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Kick Bass Systems are genrally designed to give more emphasis on powerful midbass. And Rainbow tweeters are generally on the sharper side.
+1 to that!

Quote:
Hertz Space was designed keeping in mind the locations of install. Its magnet itself is very light and thin when compared to the SLC's Beefy magnet.
Well yes, the space is a dream to install in cars like the sx4/civic which have very limited speaker mouting depth (especially in the front doors)....But the rainbow SLC/SAC midbass at 63mm is not really very deep and will also fit in the front door easily..Soo there isnt a problem mouting either in my car.

Quote:
However the special note on Hertz Tweeters. They are clean and bring in superb midrange and highs.
ON the Note of biamping - Check if both has Biampable Crossovers (I dont think the Hertz Space has this - Not sure) or If your planning to eliminate the passive crossover - I would suggest SLC's here becasue;
  • The Tweeters can take in more power than the Hertz's
  • the Crossover Frequency can be higher than the Hertz's giving you more depth in midrange
  • The Midbass can be LPFed as low as 2Khz - which is a reasonbly good thing
All the above, IMO
No sir, i don't intend to go active! The Hertz Space as well as the Rainbow SLC has biampable crossovers.....soo no issues bi-amping either...anyways thanks soo much for your opinions!

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 5th July 2010 at 17:19.
Old 6th July 2010, 03:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rainbow and Sharper side

Quote:
Not necessarily true. Hertz Older series tweeters were better in terms of detail than what we get now. Hertz K6 / MLK165 have totally different sounding tweeters.

MLK165 tweeter doesn't hold a finger to Rainbows CAL26. MLK2 on the other hand is top of the line Hertz and has no comparison considering they are 3-4 times the price of speakers compared here.
Old 11th July 2010, 10:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

guys !!

even am confused between rainbow SLC 265 kickbass and MTX T8652..
Old 11th July 2010, 13:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
guys !!

What are the prices of the above compos ?
Old 11th July 2010, 21:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
guys !!

MTX for your taste i guess...
Old 12th July 2010, 12:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

18k for mtx ... 24k for sac
Old 12th July 2010, 17:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
18k for mtx ... 24k for sac
Are these MRP or discounted prices ???
Old 12th July 2010, 18:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Hey guys, am starting off with the most important virtue of an SQ setup which is the front soundstage. The car in question is the SX4....Budget is around 20k and the rainbow slc kick falls bang in that budget with B&W in india......I have heard good reviews about this set here itself on tbhp.....

There is also the lovely Hertz Space K6 (not the cheaper K6L) comps which are available for around 40k in india but i am getting them for around 20k from dubai and since i have a few friends in dxb.......procuring the set from there won't be an issue!

Please help me choose between the two....My music tastes are predominantly SQ but a little dynamice in nature.....i mostly listen to songs by BSB, Boyzone, Westlife, Mariah Carey, Shania Twain, Richard Marx, Akon at times and some latest bollywood songs.....soo the listening tastes are a bit varied in nature....

I am aware that between the two the Hertz Space K6 is pegged at a higher level than the Rainbow SLC Kicks but i am still a bit confused. I would have preferred the Hertz Mille MLK165 over both the above mentioned sets but sadly the mille midbass driver requires significant mounting depth which is an issue with the SX4 front doors....

I plan to bi-amp the front comps with a 4ch amp......(Audison Lrx most likely).....

Gurus and fellow members......waiting for your valued suggestions
Bro LBM and other gurus, your feedback on the above confusion is awaited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks