Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

It should be 12-14K. Ask Mandovi Motors, the distributor.
Old 6th December 2010, 10:25   #17
BHPian

Got Emo PK iced too got the amp for 11.5k, its with sub and focals done a bit different way. Thnx to Ghost_rider for a checking it out and tuning it.
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:35   #18
BHPian

Re: "Nirvana" - Linea E+ 'AMPLIFIED' successfully

Hi Bhaskar,

Anupam drew my attention to this thread. Nice setup indeed. How is it coming along? One of my friends from Noida wants to ICE his Punto 90HP. Do you recommend any place in Noida or we head to Driven, East of Kailash? If so, is there any contact person at Drive whom we can refer?
Old 10th March 2011, 23:50   #19
BHPian

i have got this strange problem with 555 pnp if anyone could help. Sometimes when i play loud music. The amp goes "pat pat" sound kinda like its broken. Songs call everything break up, just like bad static on a phone. If i switch of the car and let amp to cool, the sound goes away. I am wondering if the sound is from blue and me, or the amp. Harness kit and wiring are new....

Any suggestions?
Old 11th March 2011, 07:37   #20
BHPian

congrats for the setup sir. even i am looking for a similar setup for my linea emotion. i have a few questions

1. was the installer able to unscrew the door cards comfortably, as its a bit difficult to open linea's?

2. is the electrical warranty of your car still valid, as you got the amp plugged in through the fuse box i believe (sorry, i am not a very technical guy)

3. how much damage did the components do to your pocket?

thanks
Old 11th March 2011, 07:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Your amplifier is about to burn out, bad news is even the blau guys if you find them will not be able to repair it and no body else have its schematics. their excuse is this is not made in or sold in India.

Mine got burnt in similar fashion. i still don't know why but.
It was not a wiring fault and i was not even using the speaker level in.

Last edited by gigy : 11th March 2011 at 07:42.
Old 11th March 2011, 07:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Your amplifier is about to burn out, bad news is even the blau guys if you find them will not be able to repair it and no body else have its schematics. their excuse is this is not made in or sold in India.

Mine got burnt in similar fashion. i still don't know why but.
It was not a wiring fault and i was not even using the speaker level in.
thanks for sharing the information. so sir, do you recommend us to get the same product installed? as this is the only amp which is plug and play and possibly wont void the electrical warranty.
Old 11th March 2011, 11:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Any amplifier with speaker level in will work.there is nothing special about its speaker kit.
the sub channel was burnt in mine. gain was 50%. fuse didnt blow. protection circuit didnt work.may be it needs forced cooling
Old 11th March 2011, 17:12   #24
BHPian

thanx for the update gigy, i will see what can be done....
Old 11th March 2011, 17:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Hi Bhaskar,

Anupam drew my attention to this thread. Nice setup indeed. How is it coming along? One of my friends from Noida wants to ICE his Punto 90HP. Do you recommend any place in Noida or we head to Driven, East of Kailash? If so, is there any contact person at Drive whom we can refer?
@sheetumanu
Thanks mate ! Well, I used to go to this guy in Noida sector 16 - Car Raunaq, more than a year back but then I stopped taking my cars to him. At best, he is a jugad, not a true audiophile by any means. I believe there aren't any good guys in Noida who can setup a car audio to work for an average Joe like me, leave out the true music lovers ! This guy @ Driven is good, atleast he is knowledgeable about what he sells & what works well with what; just doesn't throw anything at random. and because he knows about this forum, doen't really take people for a ride if you quote "Team Bhp" to him. Its a worth making a try, atleast once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
congrats for the setup sir. even i am looking for a similar setup for my linea emotion. i have a few questions

1. was the installer able to unscrew the door cards comfortably, as its a bit difficult to open linea's?

2. is the electrical warranty of your car still valid, as you got the amp plugged in through the fuse box i believe (sorry, i am not a very technical guy)

3. how much damage did the components do to your pocket?

thanks
@S.I.N.G.H,
1. Getting the door pads out was not a difficult task, or perhaps the installer knew where the screws were. So it was a breeze.
2. I haven't tampered with the electricals to push the car out of warranty. Just that one of the fuses(ACC) has been wired up to power the amp - no cutting or tampering with the original wires.
3. Well, this is where the catch lies - The Amp setup cost me around 19 K including the AMP, wiring kit & labor. I had got the compos fitted from this guy in Noida - Car Rounaq, some time back, in a hope that they will improve the sound quality without having to get into the amp + woofer business. But sigh! it didn't work. They cost me around ~5K, including front & rear. I recently procured a Rockford Fosgate Prime series subwoofer from US, which cost me ~ 4.5 including shipment.

--
But there seems to be some problem in the setup as the "Radio" fuse has blown twice. If I recall correctly, both the time the volume was cranked up to about 15-16. Dont know if that may have lead to the blown fuse but I need to investigate the cause. Untill then, I am carrying lots of spare 10Amps fuse for a ready fix.
Old 11th March 2011, 18:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

If you increase the volume and the fuse blows suggest that the amplifier is powered from the ACC line. i think you should get the power line checked. do you have a separate power running from battery to amplifier?

As far as I could remember this amplifier is auto turn on with speaker level input. If there is music it turns on. There is no need to wire the remote power wire to it.
Its only needed if you are using the RCA inputs.

Last edited by gigy : 11th March 2011 at 18:41.
Old 11th March 2011, 18:51   #27
BHPian

Yes, thats right.

In fact Mindgrinder has got the same setup in his Linea from the same guy & he didn't have to power the amp through the Fuse box.

But the bigger problem now is that I have to find time to take my car to Driven.

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 11th March 2011 at 19:00.
Old 12th March 2011, 13:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Yes, thats right.

In fact Mindgrinder has got the same setup in his Linea from the same guy & he didn't have to power the amp through the Fuse box.

But the bigger problem now is that I have to find time to take my car to Driven.
Bhaskar, when u plan let me know, i need to get this setting thing resolved. My amp is mounted on the top in boot, i read that it heats up the amp and causes faults easily.

@Giggy...how long does it took before your amp died? I might be traveling to Europe soon, i might buy a new one from there.
Old 12th March 2011, 17:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

In less than about 10 minutes, but till it performed it was sweet and cute. Her last pic i have before it all ended.
I will definitely like to have another one
Attached Thumbnails
"Nirvana" - Linea E+ 'AMPLIFIED' successfully-img_5829.jpg  

Old 28th March 2011, 18:55   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
But there seems to be some problem in the setup as the "Radio" fuse has blown twice. If I recall correctly, both the time the volume was cranked up to about 15-16. Dont know if that may have lead to the blown fuse but I need to investigate the cause. Untill then, I am carrying lots of spare 10Amps fuse for a ready fix.
You need to wire the amp from the battery or you will keep blowing the ACC fuse every time you crank up the volume. Couple of people I know got it wired up this way and have not faced any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks