Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 00:57   #1
BHPian

Skoda superb

Dear All,

I have a small querry.I need to connect my ipod to my superbs aux out.There is a provision for 3.5MM out jack.I connected and the ipod works,but it doesnt charge the ipod.I searched google and found a 3.5mm to usb usb connector. And a usb to usb male femal connector.Will it charge the ipod then and show the playlist on the stock headunit?

Thanks,

Kedar
Old 25th July 2010, 01:04   #2
BHPian

I don't think so kedar, That sounds practically impossible. If you have a USB interface and a stock Ipod support, You can get the playlist on stock screen plus you can charge the ipod as well.
Old 25th July 2010, 16:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wrong cable! You need a simple fix, except that it is not so simple to create.

1. Buy a 5V car charger, the one that has USB socket at one end and the other end is a plug that goes into the Cig Lighter socket. (This comes with a cable with USB plug at one end and a mobile charging jack at the other end for Nokia, BB, iPhone etc.). Should cost you 400-500, maybe less
2. Buy a normal iPod USB cable - about 60/-

Now comes the tricky part:
3. Search for iPhone dock connector pinout and orient yourself with the dock connector of the normal USB cable
4. Carefully remove the white cover on the connector on the cable (don't worry, you will at most lose 60 bucks)
5. Check orientation on the connector by testing continuity of Pin 15 / 16 on dock connector with Pin 4 of the USB plug (Ground)
6. Take the EP jack cable, cut off one jack with 2" of cable from one end. Expose the wires on the other (longer end) of the cut wire. There should be 3 wires - L, R and screen. Prepare for soldering by tinning the ends of these wires (you may need to twist the screen and solder a short thin wire to it). Solder the R wire to pin 3, the L wire to pin 4 and the screen wire to pin 2 of the dock connector
7. Put the white cover back (you may need to cut it a little bit to accommodate the wires coming out). Connect the USB plug to the charger socket, put the charger in the lighter socket, and connect the other EP jack to the Aux-in socket of the HU, and you should be good to go!

PS: If you find this daunting, ask your neighborhood electronics repair person to do it for you!

Last edited by DerAlte : 25th July 2010 at 16:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks