Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 15:56   #1

CarPuter in Zen in Hyderabad

Hey everyone
since I have quite a bit of free time on hand after a long time, have decided to go ahead with my long pending plans of installing a car pc in my Zen

My usage would be Navigation, Media (mostly Audio unless not moving :P ) and internet connectivity

will be running Win XP/7 and Centrafuse as front end

The components that I have are below

Computer Bits

Intel 945GCLF
1GB RAM
250GB 2.5" 5200 RPM HDD
TATA Netsetter USB dongle for internet

CarPuter Bits

7" LED Touch screen, with automatic rear cam switching
150W DC-DC PSU with startup/Shutdown timer, kind of like OEM M2 ATX

both products ordered off Ebay, will get it in a few days

Holux GPS reciever
Bluetooth dongle

will get those rubber keyboards as well but will be using On screen kb only for times other than tweaking around

will get a mic and a USB multiplier as well

The Audio out from the PC is to be connected to the line IN of my HU( some sony thing, dont remember model number) and HU connected to component speakers in the front via a Sony 222 amp that i have lying idle since quite a while.

I need to purchase component speakers though, 5"/6" so anyone in hyderabad looking to upgrade, buzz me, else will pick up the JBL or EL 6.1

need suggestions as to where I can get everything installed, I can do the instal myself but would like to go to a place with good prices and fabricators as buying small accessories is easier that way

I also need to replace my aging AutoCop central locking so will get those Xenos ones as well while am at it, and need to get front doors dampened so please suggest an appropriate place for the same and if possible, approximate prices for the same

Ill be done with fabricating the housing for the PC by tomorrow so will post pics by then

I know Yash/rider60 will be pretty keen on helping me out so ill be giving you a call as soon as i get my hands on the lcd, I hope your number hasnt changed, if it has, PM me the new number
Old 28th July 2010, 01:00   #2
BHPian

Good going Bro. Let's see how it turns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave View Post
1GB RAM
1 GB would be fine for XP. I would suggest 2 GB if you plan on 7

Quote:
250GB 2.5" 5200 RPM HDD
I read somewhere that 7200 RPM HDDs provide better performance.

Quote:
7" LED Touch screen, with automatic rear cam switching
150W DC-DC PSU with startup/Shutdown timer, kind of like OEM M2 ATX
Links .
Old 28th July 2010, 01:54   #3

Here are the links

150W 8V-28V Mini-ITX M2 Car PC DC-DC ATX Power PSU 12V - eBay (item 280533227438 end time Aug-10-10 09:06:46 PDT)

7" VGA TFT LCD Touch Screen Monitor Car PC GPS HOME - eBay (item 280479333366 end time Aug-12-10 14:23:09 PDT)

What you have read, wrt to 7200RPM drives is correct but in car pc environment, thats hardly a factor, you are better off with a 2.5" 5200RPM drive as that handles rough usage much better as compared to the 7200rpm drives and/or 3.5" drives thanks to our road conditions
Old 28th July 2010, 21:43   #4

Got the package today, LCD and DC PSU, need some help with the DC-DC PSU

can someone care to translate this for me? :P

Quote:
DC-ATX power supply is designed for Car PC use. The power supply operate over an input voltage range of 6 Vdc to 20Vdc and provide a precisely regulated dc output.The power supply utilize three synchronous buck controller. It has maximum power ratings from 110 W to 200 W at a typical full-load efficiency of 89%. It features over voltage/short circuit protection.

A built in intelligent timing controller (8bit Flash MCU) makes The power supply flexible for meeting the vary Car PC system. Timing is changeable according to different needs.
current production device has cables for output A 10 inch (24 cm) cable terminating in one 20-pin motherboard connector and two 4-pin hard disk power connectors as shown.
Basically what i want to know is in the first image, top right corner, what are the two different sets of pins for? One is for connecting mobo PW button, dont know what the rest does, how do I set the switch off timer with this? :P
will contact the seller tomorrow though but if someone could help here, would be good
Old 19th August 2010, 12:00   #5
sun
BHPian

when did you order these ? and when was it delivered. Did you encounter any problem with the customs ?
Old 18th April 2011, 01:05   #6
BHPian

Re: CarPuter in Zen in Hyderabad

Good to see people from hyderabad having interest in building carputers. How's the progress going on? Lemme know if you need some help. I've got the same powersupplu in my carputer aswell

Last edited by kingofmyworld : 18th April 2011 at 01:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks