Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 19:12   #1
BHPian

Alto ICE - Need Suggestions

Hello Gurus and Fellow T-Bhpians,
I’m trying to decide on the ICE setup for my New Alto LXI. I love music and I have done a very extensive research by spending a hell a lot of time on this section of the forum (read addicted). I have even browsing on my laptop during late nights, in office; during travelling and even while hospitalized very recently for 3 days as I was diagnosed for “optical neuritis” (I was temporarily, partially blinded from my left eye). Right hand, there was this IV filled with steroids and other hand on my laptop! Having said this, now here is my query.
I have almost decided on this setup, but need second opinion.
H.U – Pioneer DEH-P7100BT ($239) Co-worker getting it next month from U.S
Front – Infinity Reference 6.5” – INR 6700
Rear – Need suggestions, I need some decent base as I’m not going for a Sub (Need boot space)
Amp – JBL GT5-S644 (800W, 4 Channel) – INR 6500
Damping – Dynamat Xtreme ($55) Co-worker getting it from U.S
Music I like – Classic Rock, Rock, Hip-hop, Night club kinda music. (Dire Straits, Eagles, Doors, Pink Floyd, Eminem, Linkin Park, GNR, Metallica)
[FONT=&quot]Need advice on
1. Do I get the HU from U.S (cheaper and latest) or should I go for the B&W in Bangalore, India.
2. Rear Co-Ax, which one should I pick (I need a some decent base as I’m not adding a Sub)
3. Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Thank you,
-Zombie
[/FONT]
Old 7th August 2010, 16:22   #2
BHPian

Where are the audio gurus when you need one? Hello! anybody..somebody help

Thank you.
-Z
Old 7th August 2010, 22:46   #3
BHPian

Alto is one of the toughest cars to ICE. Are you willing to alter the door pads? As that's the only way to accommodate 6.5" speakers up front.

I'd recommend buying from India unless the savings are huge. Peace of mind.
I have Polk db690 rear coaxials and contrary to most reviews here at t-bhp, they are smooth and laid back and give a nice punch. Infinity 9633i is another set that a lot of people recommend but they were a tad bit bright for my taste. If you can accommodate a small 8" or 10" sub, the sound will be more complete.

P.S.
No doubt damping is one of the most important part in an ICE install but Dynamat will be an overkill for an Alto (unless you are going for 6.5" install)
Old 8th August 2010, 01:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Zombie check this thread out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...cs-pg-3-a.html
Old 8th August 2010, 08:18   #5
BANNED

IMPO, go for decent indian alpine/kenny/pio HU. I suspect u loose sound stage by only powring front compo. Better power rear 6x9 also. hws idea on front compo & rear 6x9 both from POLK db....
Old 8th August 2010, 11:44   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Alto is one of the toughest cars to ICE. Are you willing to alter the door pads? As that's the only way to accommodate 6.5" speakers up front.

I have Polk db690 rear coaxials and contrary to most reviews here at t-bhp, they are smooth and laid back and give a nice punch. Infinity 9633i is another set that a lot of people recommend but they were a tad bit bright for my taste. If you can accommodate a small 8" or 10" sub, the sound will be more complete.

P.S.
No doubt damping is one of the most important part in an ICE install but Dynamat will be an overkill for an Alto (unless you are going for 6.5" install)
Indeed given the amount of Space, Alto is tough to ICE (especially if you need boot space) and yes I'm altering the door pads for 6.5" compos!

I'm buying just the H.U from U.S as it has bluetooth and kind of latest model which is not available in India and little inexpensive buying in U.S

I was all out for Polk Front Compos DB6501 and rear co-axials DB691, but some people advised against it and said Infinities are better than polk!
Front will be infinity Reference for sure, it's just the rear coaxials, I'm confused as I'm not going for the sub and I need some decent base.

Dynamat Xtreme is cheaper, when bought from U.S. (INR 2600). Do you recommend anything which compares to this price or cheaper and will do a good job?

Thank you,
Zombie
Old 8th August 2010, 12:15   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
IMPO, go for decent indian alpine/kenny/pio HU. I suspect u loose sound stage by only powring front compo. Better power rear 6x9 also. hws idea on front compo & rear 6x9 both from POLK db....
Hi Dhams,
I will be using a 4 Ch. Amp JBL GT5-S644 to power both the front and back. Regarding H.U, let me give it a thought. If I compromise on the bluetooth functionality then I will go for the Indian H.U, mostly a PIONEER.

Thank you,
Zombie
Old 8th August 2010, 13:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post

P.S.
Hi thelord,
Sure Alto is a tad difficult to ICE, expecially if you need some boot space and 6.5 Comps upfront.
I will be altering the door pads to get 6.5 Comps in. I saw your thread on the ALTO ICE, It looks awesome and I'm sure it sounds great too! congrats
How is the sound quality of Illusion 6.1 compared to Infinity Reference 6.5?
and also Rear Coaxials, is JBL GTO better than Polk DB or Infinity (I need some decent base, not using subs) I will use a 4 CH. Amplifier. JBL GT5-S644 to power both front comps and back co-axials.

Thank you,
-Zombie

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks