Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 01:10   #1
BHPian

Desperate for guru gyaan!! Budget: flexible

Hi guys,

Just got the delivery of my new Polo Petrol Comfortline!

The hunt is now on to jazz it up with some nice ICE. Request all fellow gurus/ veterans to please advice me with the equipment/setup.

Ive read lot of posts here and have some idea about the right questions to ask.

Current setup:
HU - Sony
Front speakers - pioneer round 4"
Rear speakers - sony ovals 9"
or 6", unsure

No tweeters, amps or any other thing. Basic.

My understanding of ICE is very very basic. But I am very keen on learning everything that I can about it.

My preferences:
HU:
I do find the sound from the sony on the sharper side. Ive not heard pioneer/ kenwood or anything else much. So dont know how they stack up against the sony.

I listen mostly to: hindi film songs, house, techno., lil bit of hip hop

I DO NOT like sharp sounds, although the listening time at a stretch is not usually more than 15-20 mins with a bi-monthly drive from Mumbai to Pune (3 odd hours)

SPEAKERS:
My front speakers are like tweeters, cant listen to them with the rear ones off I would essentially like something which gives me a good balance between the hi's/lows.

I like the sound more from the rear rather than the from the front> Ideal would be something balanced to the CENTER of the car. But again, your expert views might help me understand this better.

Dont know whether 4 or 6 speakers would be ideal/ necessary?

AMPLIFIERS:
As far I as know, this would elevate the listening experience to another level so will appreciate if someone could tell me what I need.

SUB:
I dont like thumping, mirror shattering type of sound, but if this achieves the balance then sure dont mind putting in a small one. Just a lil skeptical considering the lack of space in the car.

COMPONENTS etc.:
Please throw some light on this part since I am completely unaware of what they are/do and whether I really need them.

OTHERS:
Any other thing that might help you advise me better. Given the fact, that I am a complete noob at this, Im sure I mustve forgotten to give enough info.

INSTALLER:
I live in the Prabhadevi area but dont mind going an extra mile, need some advise on where I can procure all equipment and get it fitted without having to worry about the autheticity as well as installation expertise/ quality.

Sorry for the long post. But any help would go a long way in defining my music experience. Thanks a lot guys.

Utpal
Old 9th August 2010, 10:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

The components you have chosen are not very good. You will need to upgrade the entire system either at one go at one part at a time depending on your cash flow. Hoere are some guidelines.

HU: Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer (budget 8K)
Speakers: Infinty, Ilusion, DLS (budget 12K for front components and rear coax)
Amp (optional): Pioneer, JBL, etc.. 6K
Subwoofer (optional): 6-7K
Wires: 2K without amp, 4K with amp
Damping: 3K
Old 9th August 2010, 11:28   #3
BHPian

Hi Navin,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

This setup is in my i10 and I am planning to install a fresh system in the Polo.

I would be really grateful if you could suggest the best combination from the equipment you have suggested. As mentioned earlier, I am quite new at this and though the options you have given are comprehensive, I would not be able to make the best choice. This includes suggestion on sub, amp etc.

Also, with the experience you have, Im sure you would know many installers here in Mumbai. I would really appreciate if you could guide on where to buy and install this.

Apart from this, it'll really help if you could point out a post/ forum which explains all this from the very basic.

THanks so much,
_utpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The components you have chosen are not very good. You will need to upgrade the entire system either at one go at one part at a time depending on your cash flow. Hoere are some guidelines.

HU: Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer (budget 8K)
Speakers: Infinty, Ilusion, DLS (budget 12K for front components and rear coax)
Amp (optional): Pioneer, JBL, etc.. 6K
Subwoofer (optional): 6-7K
Wires: 2K without amp, 4K with amp
Damping: 3K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks