Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 17:17   #91
SMK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Thank you. Get rid of your OE HU asap. And since you said budget is not a constraint, buy this one. It will be a perfect.

DDX8036BT | Visual & Navigation Systems | Car Electroics | Kenwood Corporation

Costs 56K with B&W. I know another BHP-ian who is planning to pick it up for his Fiesta. It's capable of Dolby and DTS 5.1.
Wow, this looks amaazing! But tell me do i have to change the stock speakers and wiring kits to get this working at its optimum?
Old 9th September 2010, 17:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
Wow, this looks amaazing! But tell me do i have to change the stock speakers and wiring kits to get this working at its optimum?
You are planning to buy a HU for 56K and gonna drive Ford's 500 bucks Chinese speakers with them!? Come on man. At a minimum, think 4 channel amp, component speakers and a sub woofer to take full advantage of the awesomeness of the Kenwood.
Old 9th September 2010, 19:06   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And here you start your journey towards a HQ ICE Enjoy!!!

I was expecting something like this for sure

Quote:
You are planning to buy a HU for 56K and gonna drive Ford's 500 bucks Chinese speakers with them!? Come on man. At a minimum, think 4 channel amp, component speakers and a sub woofer to take full advantage of the awesomeness of the Kenwood.
Old 9th September 2010, 21:44   #94
SMK
BHPian

Quote:

Ha Ha Ha.. i thought this was on the cards! Ok, I have already asked my friend in US to check this out. I will PM you as to what would be the best combination for this HU, Sub Woofer is out of question since wifey hates the duff duff sounds but i absolutely love it.
My Indica had Pioneer HU, Kicker comps, JBL speakers and Sub Woof with JBL amp and had to add another switch to turn off Sub Woof when she was with me!
Let me get the HU first and then will get in touch with you about the rest of it. Thanks as always!
Old 9th September 2010, 22:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sub Woofer is out of question since wifey hates the duff duff sounds but i absolutely love it.
Only a badly tuned HU-amp-sub combination will make duff duff sounds. There is no way you can do without a sub if you want the lower frequencies that's common in electronic and hip hop.
Old 10th September 2010, 22:40   #96
BHPian

Has the damping been completed ? How does it sound it now ? audible difference ?

Last edited by donarun : 10th September 2010 at 22:41.
Old 10th September 2010, 23:14   #97
Senior - BHPian

Damping done

It turned out to be a mini TBHP meet at Power Zone this morning. The following turned up to generally watch or discuss ICE requirements.

Sanjayc
MutantX
Pras.oct25
Anachronix
Gilead
(missed Godseed1870 by a few minutes)

The damping work was neatly completed by Power Zone. And is there an audible difference? OH YES! With the sub switched off, it sounds like my pre-damped ICE with the sub on as far as bass is concerned. When the sub is switched on now, it hits hard and low. Overall clarity levels have gone up as well. I am now a firm believer in the powers of damping.

Here are some pics.
Comfortably numb again in a Fiesta 1.6S-photo-1.jpg
Comfortably numb again in a Fiesta 1.6S-photo-2.jpg
Comfortably numb again in a Fiesta 1.6S-photo-4.jpg
Comfortably numb again in a Fiesta 1.6S-photo-3.jpg
Comfortably numb again in a Fiesta 1.6S-photo.jpg

If anyone is wondering why Noisekill is looking reddish-orange, they now come with a thermal protection coating. Noisekill is very VFM. I would recommend Dynamat or DLS for those who can afford it because they are much thicker than Noisekill. If I do damp my boot after installing a mono in the future, it will be with Dynamat as Noisekill is known to peel off in the boot.

We also finalized the components for someone's 5.1 surround sound ICE. Oh boy, that one's going to be a beauty when it is completed.

Anahronix: What did you think about the audition?

Last edited by Gilead : 10th September 2010 at 23:29.
Old 11th September 2010, 00:42   #98
Senior - BHPian

Good going sir,

I was held up in a personal function and hence couldnt turn up. Sure, you ll be enjoying your setup even more.

Seems a lot of Chennai T-Bhpians are into of ICE Fetish.

Lets soon have a SPL meet
Old 11th September 2010, 09:22   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Seems a lot of Chennai T-Bhpians are into of ICE Fetish.
Yes, I have taken it upon myself to brainwash anyone who auditions my ICE. Only one holding out till now is kiku007. But even he went and upgraded his Dad's ICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Lets soon have a SPL meet
Is that before or after the Morel install?
Old 11th September 2010, 11:05   #100
Senior - BHPian

@Gilead, you have got an awesome setup now!

I did audition the setup before and after damping. The difference is simply mind blowing, the damping has put the JL XR650 CSi components in a different league. We auditioned different genre of music, started with Akon, David Guetta, Fedde Le Grand and then moved on to Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Metallica. I have to say this, the JL Audio comps would easily beat most of the insanely priced comps available in the market. The SQ is simply awesome, the damping and the way the sub blends with the comps makes it an amazing SQ experience. I liked the JLs especially the way it was playing Metal genre, it dint miss a single detail.

The installation looks neat and looks very well executed. Kudos to PowerZone team!

I also got the credit of auditioning PowerZone's famous Estilo. Thats something to be experienced, it can never be explained. I have never heard a setup of that kind in my life! The Kill Bill demo was awesome!
Old 11th September 2010, 13:46   #101
Senior - BHPian

Great to see you guys met up.
Yesterday was Team-BHP day for me from 9AM to midnight.

Regarding damping, What did I tell you?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2022316-post27.html
Quote:
I asked the installer about the damping in the morning and he showed me a new pack of Dynamat worth 6K and told me he will use most of it if there was a need for it. He also said that he felt my car and the choice of components would not need damping and I guess he was proven right. There was no reason for him to deny himself an additional 6K.
Quote:
I asked him about the damping. He says he doubts whether damping will have any effect on the mid bass given the way it has been tuned. He says the Fiesta OE speaker location is high up on the door and there is thick window glass right behind the magnet even when the glass is fully raised which acts as a dampener. He says damping would have been necessary in a Swift or i10 where there will be metal behind the magnet when the glass is fully raised.
Now you know your installer quite well, I guess.

Btw, I'd like the real audition now after the damping.
Old 11th September 2010, 19:04   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@Gilead, you have got an awesome setup now!
Thank you dude! I can't wait to hear your Alpine/Boston/Kappa ICE once its completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Now you know your installer quite well, I guess.
The installer is brilliant as what he does. Your friend Goodseed1670 got his botched up Tecknocrat install fixed at Power Zone yesterday. He called me this morning to tell me how awesome it sounds now. Ask him about it. And I heard you were at GP Road making some inquiries about Power Zone. Planning an install or a re-install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Btw, I'd like the real audition now after the damping.
Any time. Let's have an 'area' meet. I can't get out much this weekend.

Last edited by Gilead : 11th September 2010 at 19:08.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:17   #103
BHPian

checked out gilead's ICE yesterday! there is a lot of improvement in quality compared to when i heard it before damping. listened to Edward Maya,Gareth Emery and Metallica.
the quality is just HOT! gilead the setup is just amazing!
Old 16th September 2010, 16:17   #104
BHPian

Congrats, Gilead! Your car looks great and sound system very promising. What damping is that (brand)?

Never saw such a "cat" orange. Is that sponsored by the erstwhile Hutch?? No offence meant.

What was the price per sq. ft.. Was it better than Dynamite/Noise Kill etc.?
Old 16th September 2010, 16:41   #105
BHPian

My bad.

Missed it "If anyone is wondering why Noisekill is looking reddish-orange, they now come with a thermal protection coating. Noisekill is very VFM. I would recommend Dynamat or DLS for those who can afford it because they are much thicker than Noisekill. If I do damp my boot after installing a mono in the future, it will be with Dynamat as Noisekill is known to peel off in the boot."

Most Viewed