Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 16:01   #1
BHPian

Ice for my Dzire

Greetings Gurus,

I was a proud owner of a swift petrol. But then since my daily run had increased and the need for more boot space came up i decided to go in for a Swift Dzire Vdi. I just sold my swift today to my friend and iam expecting to get my Dzire by next week. So now here is where i need all the help....

I want to upgrade my ICE in the Vdi. I removed the Pioneer GM4000F amplifier and Jbl 1202d sub woofer from it to install it in my new car.

Now i need a good VFM DVD head unit.Somehow i liked the full touch screen type double din models.Which brand and which model is the best buy???

I have set a 25-30k budget excluding the head unit for the ice upgrade(damping included).So all the gurus out there.... i request you to help me out to make my car a moving discotheque. I listen to all sorts of music except metal and hard rock. I hate blurring of sound.I want clarity and crispiness in it and just loves heavy bass. I am open to all sorts of suggestions. So please guys help me to get the VFM stuff needed.

And i plan to do the installation in Bangalore as Cochin doesn't have any nice place to do it. So please do tell me where to get it done in Bangalore.

Thanks in advance guys,
Gary.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:03   #2
BHPian

88 views and no help so far??? help me out.
Old 18th August 2010, 19:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Kochi doesn't have a good installer? No wonder you have upset the Kochi TBHPians so much that no one is responding.

Please go through the existing Swift ICE thread to know what different members have done in their cars. There are plenty of Pio, JVC, Alpine and Kenwood 2DIN DVD units available in the market, even in Kochi. Search for Kochi / Cochin in the ICE forum and you will find plenty of references where you can go and ask.

For bass you already have the sub. For "clarity and crispiness" buy a pair of components for the front - JBL, Hertz, Bull, ... plenty of options. Put coaxes (preferably 6x9 on the parcel trau) in the rear.
Old 19th August 2010, 09:23   #4
BHPian

Emperor is one place where u can get stuff done.But honestly i dont like their attitude. Its like "we are like this,take it or leave it." I just cant stand such attitude from ppl. Maybe iam not spending lakhs over music sytem but then wht iam giving is also vitamin M. I have not been to the new place but i have had enuf from the old shop.
Old 19th August 2010, 10:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

PM @jkdas - he might be able to suggest some other good installer in Kochi based on past interactions with other TBHP members.
Old 19th August 2010, 23:04   #6
BHPian

Try galaxy - our very own bhpian muneem is a part of it. I have installed from them and i would rate it good..
Old 25th August 2010, 14:51   #7
BHPian

Which is better in AV head unit models??? JVC or Pioneer?? Iam looking at Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD,Pioneer AVH-P4250DVD and JVC KW-AVX726,JVC KW-AVX736,JVC KW-AVX826. Please suggest me the best buy.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gary,

I suggest you go in for the JVC 2DIN. Dont remember the model number but it has everything from Touch Screen, DVD, Direct iPod Control, USB, Bluetooth, etc and apparently retails for around 22k. Most importantly it has a detachable security face plate which the other 2DINs dont have.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:23   #9
BHPian

can we connect the reverse camera to this???
Old 25th August 2010, 17:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjacob View Post
can we connect the reverse camera to this???
Oh yes you can, forgot to mention that too!
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:23   #11
BHPian

well guys i spoke to satya abt the headunit and he suggested pioneer over jvc.and i got a good deal from dubai for pioneer avh 4250 dvd.i got a 2 channel amp and 3 way co axial free with the head unit.cost me 25k in total.
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:25   #12
BHPian

now the hunt is on for front components.
Old 18th December 2010, 09:59   #13
BHPian

Re: Ice for my Dzire

guys any suggestion for component speakers???
iam planning to go to evo in bangalore on the 23rd.spoke to satya regarding this.he told me to come over and audition the stuff before i buy.is there any particular model tht i shud be looking for???

Most Viewed