Team-BHP - i10 wants some ICE here!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   i10 wants some ICE here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/87533-i10-wants-some-ice-here.html)

Hello Gurus,
I have been reading for quite some time now!

And, I am in for ICEing my dear Vanilla Icecream..
Well, Its going to be a 2 phase plan as of now, (I am already digging up all Navin/Sam bhai/frank/DocG/ and all other honourable members' threads!, and the FAQs and all)

I want to focus on clarity of sound, not real bass freak, but the beat should be clear..
I prefer soothing, heart pleasing songs with rich music. (mostly on the soft side).
So here goes

phase 1: (15- 18K)
HU + F-Components (dampening if permitted by Vitamin M)

phase 2: (12K-15K)

Amp + R-Comps/Subs

Now is phase 1:

Please pour in with suggestions.
Primarily considering:
HU-Pio 5290/ Alpine (??! cant zero in on any model stupid:)
Comps- Boston Si 606 6.5"/ Polks- db 6501
Hertz/Noise kill ? dampening

But, just one guy here suggests Alpine (just one guy in the whole town, and the only one who was happy when I asked about "Components!")

P.S. I live in a rural setup, hence,
ICE= Pio 1290+2Speakerboxes-which-carry-the-free-speakers+Boom-Boom-chick

But, I will not settle till I am satisfied ! (smug)
Appreciate the input in all the forums from all gurus here already.
Just some more input please!

Thanks in advance.

care,

Ace.

P.S. I do understand and agree to the risk that I am running (i.e. blowing my budget further!, but for now, lets move with this budget, please! :D )

Oops,
Mods: Please shift to "Ask the Gurus" Section,
Wanted to post it in that section-mixup-

Ace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by driverace (Post 2037974)
phase 1: (15- 18K)
HU + F-Components (dampening if permitted by Vitamin M)

phase 2: (12K-15K)

Amp + R-Comps/Subs

HU-Pio 5290/ Alpine (??! cant zero in on any model stupid:)
Comps- Boston Si 606 6.5"/ Polks- db 6501
Hertz/Noise kill ? dampening

Warning: The i10 has very limited space in the trunk so if you are adding a subwoofer note that there wont be much room for large bags.

HU: Pio/JVC/Kenwood/Alpine - get one with 3 pre outs and subwoofer level control. Should cost you about 8-9K
Front components: DLS/Infinity/Boston/Focal/ etc for about 8-9K per pair.

Rear speakers: Dont get components for the rear as in an i10 the rear component's tweeter wil be very close to the front passenger's ear. However if you plan on fading out the rear components when there are front passengers you can get rear components. For example if the i10's stereo will be used when you are driving then you use front components and fade out the rear, when you are bein chauffered then fade out the front components and use the rears.

Subwoofer: a small 10" in a sealed box would do fine. DLS/ID/Infinity/ etc.. will run you about 7-8K with a well made box
Amp: 7K for a 4 ch from Pioneer, JBL, Kenwood, etc..

Damping of 4 doors and trunk 3-4K
Wires and Install: 3K

Total damage:
16-18K - phase 1
20-22K - phase 2.

Exact model numbers change too fast for me to keep track but your local instaallers will give you an idea as to what is available at what price.

Visit 3-4 installers. Try to get them to show you a few of their customer's car. Look for neatness in their handiwork. Door or dash panels, once buthcered, cant be fixed easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 2038498)

Warning: The i10 has very limited space in the trunk so if you are adding a subwoofer note that there wont be much room for large bags.
-----------
Well thats Phase 2, I can rethink on that, I will try to see some workaround
-----------
HU: Pio/JVC/Kenwood/Alpine - get one with 3 pre outs and subwoofer level control. Should cost you about 8-9K
----------
Yes, I had almost gathered that from your posts and guidance to other members :) , I am looking particularly at Alpine (any personal suggestion here?, I really dont have many options here to audition and see..),
You dont suggest Clarion now? <I read that in one of your ICE-wrt-Budget post> --Wonderful post! Thank you for the insight.
-------------
Front components: DLS/Infinity/Boston/Focal/ etc for about 8-9K per pair.
----------------
Again, any particular favourites of yours?
How are the two options (that are already available here)
Comps- Boston Si 606 6.5" / Polks- db 6501
For the kind of music I am looking for..
-------------

Rear speakers: Dont get components for the rear as in an i10 the rear component's tweeter wil be very close to the front passenger's ear. However if you plan on fading out the rear components when there are front passengers you can get rear components. For example if the i10's stereo will be used when you are driving then you use front components and fade out the rear, when you are bein chauffered then fade out the front components and use the rears.
-----------
Will keep that in mind,
Chauffered ! lolz. Not that rich Aaye! :p (yet!)
I drive or I drive and family in rear seats.. thats all

Any different setup/adjustment for such requirement?
-----------

Subwoofer: a small 10" in a sealed box would do fine. DLS/ID/Infinity/ etc.. will run you about 7-8K with a well made box
Amp: 7K for a 4 ch from Pioneer, JBL, Kenwood, etc..
------------
Phase 2 material. More time for me to read, and choose.
------------

Damping of 4 doors and trunk 3-4K
May squeeze this in Phase 1.
Should I go for the aluminium-kind foil type? Hertz is good for the purpose?

Wires and Install: 3K
Have to get these in Phase 1, right?

Total damage:
16-18K - phase 1
<thats good!>dont believe it!! You are a genius!

20-22K - phase 2.
----------
<that, I saw it coming anyway!!> :p
Had I pre alloted 20K it would have went to 30K lolz!
-----------

Exact model numbers change too fast for me to keep track but your local instaallers will give you an idea as to what is available at what price.
-----------
I will surely search more, but again, If I get any of your personal favourite in this range, please let me know, since my exposure to such setups is close to zero!
------------

Visit 3-4 installers. Try to get them to show you a few of their customer's car. Look for neatness in their handiwork. Door or dash panels, once buthcered, cant be fixed easily.

I have 2-3 installers in all to see here.
May be I will even visit nearby town, but then that would make it uncomfy for me to get any quick fix service, but surely I am not going to risk it for workmanship.

care,

Ace.

P.S. Thank you Navin Sirji for all the information here!

Hello All,

any favourites!? Any picks?

Thanks in advance!

Ace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by driverace (Post 2039364)
I have 2-3 installers in all to see here.

The most common damping available here (in Mumbai ) is Dynamat. The regualr Dynamat is not really that good. The higher end version called Dynamat extreme is much better. There are many other local brands but make sure they are Butyl rubber based and not asphalt based. The former has a longer life.