Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 16:43   #1
BHPian

Genesis - the curtain falls!

Just read this on the Genesis website Latest News - Genesis ICE Car Audio - Automotive Amplifiers - The home of pure music

Taking down the flag
26 August, 2010 @ 4:57 pm

This is probably the hardest post I have ever had to write but there are already rummors out there…………….and yes unfortunately it is true…………….on Thursday 26th August 2010 Apogee Electronics Ltd closed the doors to the Genesis factory for good.
Gordon and the staff would like to thank all of our customers who have been so loyal over the last 19 years.
This website will be still be active for you to check back for any technical information you may require.
Thank you and goodbye
Author: Sarah Hull

@ Mods, didn't find any other thread/section to post this; apologies if one exists
Old 27th August 2010, 17:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

So this becomes the collector's item! Lucky to those who have one.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yeah man genny amps were always a collectors item, I have 2 of them .

I don't think genesis amps are going anywhere only the name will change and maybe some cosmetic changes will take place but will be soon back with a bang.
Old 27th August 2010, 23:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

A very sad news indeed, but good to see that GORDON is still providing full support and service for the amps. I am sure their new amps line up will be better than the current no matter what they call them.
Old 28th August 2010, 06:09   #5
naughty001

yeah - i was reading about this on the Talk Audio website - Gordon seem to be forming his own company ie Amp Doctor" where he will continue to provide after sales service for Genesis products - and xontinue development from where Genesis left off

Old 28th August 2010, 13:46   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
So this becomes the collector's item! Lucky to those who have one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Yeah man genny amps were always a collectors item, I have 2 of them .

I don't think genesis amps are going anywhere only the name will change and maybe some cosmetic changes will take place but will be soon back with a bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
A very sad news indeed, but good to see that GORDON is still providing full support and service for the amps. I am sure their new amps line up will be better than the current no matter what they call them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
yeah - i was reading about this on the Talk Audio website - Gordon seem to be forming his own company i.e. Amp Doctor" where he will continue to provide after sales service for Genesis products - and continue development from where Genesis left off
Yeah, these collector's items have had some special discounts in the past few months. Now that they have shut shop; the prices are soon going to rise tremendously. How i envy the lucky one amidst us to have not one, but two of them in their ride .

The Genny name has a certain charm to it and Gordon aka the Amp Doctor with his team put their heart and soul into it. They've taken in many a needy amp, irrespective of the ownership status and nursed it back to health. Now that's what i call service; which is why it feels so weird to see such a marvelous brand fall pray to the recession, while faceless rip-offs continue to flourish.

Just waiting for them to bounce back in a new garb, for the Amp Doctor is going to open his doors to servicing other brands as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks