Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 08:19   #76
BHPian

Re: VW Polo DIY: Delphi RCD 510 headunit + 9W7 Bluetooth unit installation

Gannu bhai, Need your help. I have finalised to install Pioneer AVIC F60bt in my polo. I want to install rear view camera in place of left number plate light. It requires 12V input from reverse lights. I don't want to splice the wires from reverse lights. Is there a work around we could tap the power from any other option such as fuse box.
I also thought of using scotchlok connector to connect but I am bit skeptical on using it on the stock wires.
HELP.
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:35   #77
BHPian

Finally bought RC 320 for polo. Few issues:

1. It won't switch off/on with ignition, if let on.
2. Unable to configure phone, says Key lock.

I am replacing RCD 300 to RCD 320, I see connector wire slot difference. And there was green color lock as well. Is it possible to re-position the wire according to RCD 320. If yes, How?

I removed the green lock but unable to unplug the wire so that can adjust in position required. Kindly suggest.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th September 2015 at 08:57.
Old 3rd September 2015, 20:24   #78
Team-BHP Support

Re: DIY: RCD 510 head-unit upgrade for VW Vento and Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
I am replacing RCD 300 to RCD 320, I see connector wire slot difference. And there was green color lock as well. Is it possible to re-position the wire according to RCD 320. If yes, How?

I removed the green lock but unable to unplug the wire so that can adjust in position required. Kindly suggest.
Please post some clear snaps of:

1. The connectors in your car.

2. The connector layout on the RCD 300.
Old 3rd September 2015, 20:46   #79
BHPian

For RCD 300 power socket, * mean parking light and S mean Ignition on. On RCD 320 I found CAN GND and CAN+, not sure if that serve the same purpose.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : VW Polo-rcd300_connection.jpg  

ICE upgrade : VW Polo-rcd300_male_connector.jpg  

ICE upgrade : VW Polo-rcd320_connection.jpg  

ICE upgrade : VW Polo-rcd320_male_connector.jpg  

sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 21:01   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On RCD 320 I found CAN GND and CAN+, not sure if that serve the same purpose.
No Sam. They are CANbus connectors and serve a different purpose. In your previous HU, there are no CANbus connections as evident from the pin layout and the HU had dedicated cables for ignition on and lighting control. In the RCD320, the CANbus cables control these functions including steering controls if you have a MFSW.

Here's what you will have to do:

1. Buy a new ISO A connector with the bare cables. Available at the car accessory shops.

2. Tap the +12V and GND from the car's stock ISO connector A using scotchlok connectors. Or if you are open to splicing the stock connector, crimp the respective cables and use heatshrink tubing to insulate the joints.

3. Route the CAN + and CAN GND cables (extend the cables) from the new ISO connector A to pin nos. 20 and 21 respectively of connector B on the BCM. As indicated in this post.

Best to approach a accessory shop who is familiar with these installations - they would help you out.

The CANbus connections can also be tapped from the climatronic unit if you have one.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 21:11   #81
BHPian

Thanks you Sir, one more thing, if I leave it like this as all functions other than phone are working fine. Does it leads to battery drain, as read online and some threads?
Old 4th September 2015, 08:57   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks you Sir, one more thing, if I leave it like this as all functions other than phone are working fine. Does it leads to battery drain, as read online and some threads?
Sam, I suspect the battery drain issue with such a setup but cannot confirm it completely. Please approach a good garage and get it done. It's simple.
Old 4th September 2015, 14:24   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sam, I suspect the battery drain issue with such a setup but cannot confirm it completely. Please approach a good garage and get it done. It's simple.
Hi Gannu,
I tried 3-4 accessory shops and even stereo repair folks, none of them able to understand what needs to be done and refused to take the job. Do you know anyone in Delhi/NCR who can do this. Or if possible explain in details with steps so that I can take it on my own (DIY) style.

Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 22:14   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gannu,
I visited better place today Motor Concept, but he did Stereo part and refused to touch BCM. Now I have wires hanging from my RCD 320. He was unable to open BCM and said as it involve risk I won't open it. So with no luck again. Can you help how to proceed now. No option left, other than DIY. I have wires ready now, need to open BCM (not sure how). And read somewhere previous gen polo (min 2010 Oct), never had number done on it. I have scotch lock connector and wires in place. Last part left now.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 7th September 2015, 16:45   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Gannu,
I visited better place today Motor Concept, but he did Stereo part and refused to touch BCM. Now I have wires hanging from my RCD 320. He was unable to open BCM and said as it involve risk I won't open it. So with no luck again. Can you help how to proceed now. No option left, other than DIY. I have wires ready now, need to open BCM (not sure how). And read somewhere previous gen polo (min 2010 Oct), never had number done on it. I have scotch lock connector and wires in place. Last part left now.

Thanks in Advance.
Sam, there's no need to open the BCM unit. The BCM has 2 connectors (in black and white). You need to connect the 2 cables to the white connector which is labelled as connector B (T73B) on the BCM.

Take out this connector and insert the pins in slots 20 and 21. Refer this link. The OP has mentioned how he did it.

Pin 20 - CAN High (+)

Pin 21 - CAN Low (-)

To insert the cables into the slots, you will need the right terminal pins. Search Aliexpress (example). You have to crimp the cable with the pin using a crimping tool. You can alternatively ask the seller to ship you the cables with the pins crimped - I believe footwell lights have such cables. Do check. All the best.

Let me know if you have any further queries in this regard.
Old 7th September 2015, 18:52   #86
BHPian

Quote:

Pin 20 - CAN High (+)

Pin 21 - CAN Low (-)

Let me know if you have any further queries in this regard.
I tried taking out white connector, it has very less space to work out. How shall I take out black connector which might be inside this white one, which is having all wires stuck. As on visible portion I do not see anything which can be removed easily. Kindly suggest.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : VW Polo-20150907_181938.jpg  

Old 8th September 2015, 08:30   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I tried taking out white connector, it has very less space to work out. How shall I take out black connector which might be inside this white one, which is having all wires stuck. As on visible portion I do not see anything which can be removed easily. Kindly suggest.
Sam, really sorry I haven't taken out the individual black connectors from the main A and B ones on the BCM. The space in that location is limited to work with, agreed on that. Since you've come this far, I suggest you approach the service center - some of them may be willing to help you out.

You are located in Delhi and I have absolutely no clue about a VAG friendly garage there. Mumbai, Bangalore etc. have them in plenty and would have suggested a few right away.
Old 10th September 2015, 08:54   #88
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Polo DIY: Delphi RCD 510 headunit + 9W7 Bluetooth unit installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
It requires 12V input from reverse lights. I don't want to splice the wires from reverse lights. Is there a work around we could tap the power from any other option such as fuse box.
I also thought of using scotchlok connector to connect but I am bit skeptical on using it on the stock wires.
Using a scotchlok connector is the best workaround. Does not look messy like splicing + soldering + heatshrink tubing and takes a lot less effort to get it done.
Old 21st December 2015, 22:33   #89
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : VW Polo

Got my GT TSI delivered last week. The stock ICE is strictly average. So, I have been hunting for an upgrade and been through most of the threads with rcd 510, philadelphia 835 and the android HUs.

After a bit of thought, I deceided to just do a speaker upgrade and see how things worked out and proceed from there on.

I have upgraded the stock speakers to Focal auditor components at the front and co axials at the rear. Have retained the speakers on the doors. I am very happy with the speaker upgrade as the SQ has increased significantly. I am not an audiophile, so I wouldnt know how and where it has improved. But, very satisfied with the swap.

I would readily recomend this to anybody who is already happy with the features in the existing ICE and looking for only a improved audio experience.

Only grouse, its horrible watching those guys at the instal place rip apart the door trims (they put it back obviously!) and the worst thing is I ended up witha small rattle near the left front door (which I am not able to identify!) and soiled A pillar and seats!
Old 12th January 2016, 23:19   #90
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : VW Polo

Are there Apple Car play compatible head units for Polo/Vento? The voice command button on the steering works well when connected with and iPhone in that it wakes up Siri. I am not sure if the Blaupunkt 835 has that interface. The spec did not say so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks