Team-BHP - Cheap MP3 system wanted
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Cheap MP3 system wanted (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/8864-cheap-mp3-system-wanted.html)

Guys, i need your help urgently.

My sister is planning to put a very simple MP3 player (with FM) on her new Alto.
She just want a plain-jane system, no thrills and frills.. just a simple set of two decent speakers and a decent head unit (Sony/Pioneer)...

She is willing to spend 4-5k for the head unit and 2-3k for the speakers.

Is there anything available in that range in the market? Please advice. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

You can get a JVC MP3/CD player in Mumbai for around 4.5k.

Viper

you can geta really decent Pioneer HU for 6k cheaper are also available jus check them out :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
Hi there,

You can get a JVC MP3/CD player in Mumbai for around 4.5k.

Viper

Can you give details of the model number etc.? Acually i would prefer a Sony or Pioneer HU.. i heard somewhere that some models like P4560(?) and a very famous FX series model of sony comes under that range.. any idea??..

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
Can you give details of the model number etc.? Acually i would prefer a Sony or Pioneer HU.. i heard somewhere that some models like P4560(?) and a very famous FX series model of sony comes under that range.. any idea??..

Hey,

Will do that in the morning as I dont have them on me right now. Will give you current prices across all brands for models under 6k. Is that OK.

Viper

Oh yes. Will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

it would be better if u go in for a good HU from pioneer like the 5750(7k) or the lower model to that i think its 4650..as far as the speakers go u can get the sony 6990 or the sony 6937's..they should cost you around 2.5k..try not to get the 5510 HU from sony or infact stay away from sony as they are prone to skipping very soon..same with JVC too..

Pioneer 2750

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront...e/DEH-2750.jpg

Nice, basic HU, under 5.5K, pair with Alpine SPS speakers

gunbir the 2750 is nice but will you get 4 alpine SPS under 3K?

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
gunbir the 2750 is nice but will you get 4 alpine SPS under 3K?

its highly improbable that u will get 4 alpine SPS under 3k,but i think gunbir meant just a pair as thats what dceite asked for in the 1st post..just two speakers and HU is all he wanted..i assume the speakers will be the alpine s-type 6x9's and ya if someone is familiar with the grey market scene in bangalore its not that hard to get alpines under 3k..and that JB and gunbir seemed to have learnt it the hard way..hehe..actually shocked to see so much of grey alpine in bangy would be a better way of putting it..

my mistake. sorry gunbir. how come only bangy is flooded with alpine. in mumbai pio and xplod (sony) are everywhere. must be the bollywood influence.

I plan to buy a MP3 Music system (not from the grey market or sumggled ones) which will cost below Rs.7000 (including the speakers & all).Which brand should I go for and what will be it's cost ?

SONY CDX-R5610 will fit your wallet and ears perfectly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
Guys, i need your help urgently.

My sister is planning to put a very simple MP3 player (with FM) on her new Alto.
She just want a plain-jane system, no thrills and frills.. just a simple set of two decent speakers and a decent head unit (Sony/Pioneer)...

She is willing to spend 4-5k for the head unit and 2-3k for the speakers.

Is there anything available in that range in the market? Please advice. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

buy a sony/ kenwood, and if you have a METRO store nearby, nothing like it to buy a system from there

Quote:

Originally Posted by adit1329
buy a sony/ kenwood, and if you have a METRO store nearby, nothing like it to buy a system from there

Thanks for the advice Adit. I posted this thread in November, somebody refreshed it yesterday. BTW, my sis went for Pioneer 4650. Does the job well.