Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE for 2nd-gen City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand.Mumbai View Post
... Is this system good enough? Also, please quote rough prices and if I should add a sub now considering my budget is around 15k without the HU.
Should be better than 'good enough'

The components will cost 6+K, the 6x9s are free, and the amp is 6K or thereabouts. You can get a JBL or Infinity Ref sub in a sealed box if you are ready to stretch your budget a teeny weeney bit.
Old 23rd August 2013, 10:24   #47

Quote:
Ok I will be taking it apart today and checking out the back of it. Let us see. I hope it has two pre-outs as that would help me avoid spending on a HU. *fingers crossed*
Took it apart and yes, there were two pre-outs like I suspected Attached the aux from the local place, now will get the speakers and amps fitted from a reputed shop in the coming week. Will keep everyone posted and will post pictures.

@DerAlte Ok so 12k for the components + Amp + Rear Co-ax. I have a budget of 8-10 k left,which includes spending for wiring and enclosures. So which sub would you suggest or should I save up more and get something better at a later stage?
Old 23rd August 2013, 10:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... So which sub would you suggest or should I save up more and get something better at a later stage?
Infinity Ref 12" in a sealed box.
Old 23rd August 2013, 15:48   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Infinity Ref 12" in a sealed box.
Ok so what I'm looking at is
1) Amplifier : Kenwood m846:
Specs: 60WattsRMS x 4ch at 4 Ohms
90WattsRMS x 4ch at 2 Ohms
60WattsRMS x 2ch + 180Watts RMS x 1ch at 4 Ohms

2) Subwoofer: Infinity Reference 12" DVC 1262W:
Specs : Power Handling, RMS 300 W
Power Handling, PeaK 1200 W
Frequency Response 23Hz - 400Hz
Nominal Impedance 2 or 8 Ohms
Sensitivity (2.83V @1m) 96 dB

3)Components: Infinity Ref 6030CS
Specs: Power Handling, RMS 90W
Power Handling, Peak 300W
Nominal Impedance 2 Ohms

I'm guessing the amplifier is going to run @ 60WattsRMS x 2ch + 180Watts RMS x 1ch at 4 Ohms when I connect to the sub with 2-channels bridged.
So the components are being fed with 60W - Is this good enough?
Also, the sub will be powered with 180W through the bridged channel at 4ohms when the sub is rated for 2 and 8 ohms. Should I be looking at different subs?
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... So the components are being fed with 60W - Is this good enough? ...
Let us put it in slightly different phraseology:
* The components will play well with 90W rms pushed into it, beyond which they will distort. When 300W is pushed into it, it will shudder, shiver, scream, croak and finally give up it's ghost!

* The amp is capable of pushing 60W rms into 4 ohms. The components are 2.3ohms impedance, so the amplifier will be able to push ~80W into them. No problem, since it is rated for pushing up to 90W rms into 2 ohms

* When you play music comfortably loud, the amplifier pushes anything between 1W to 30W depending on type of music and passage. If you actually manage to to push 80W, you will surely jump out of the car - it will be deafeningly loud with windows closed

Quote:
... Also, the sub will be powered with 180W through the bridged channel at 4ohms when the sub is rated for 2 and 8 ohms. Should I be looking at different subs?
The Infinity Reference 1260W 4ohms SVC sub is what you should be getting. A DVC sub with 4ohms coils can only be wired in parallel giving 2ohms, or in series giving 8ohms. Neither is suitable here. [SVC = Single Voice Coil; DVC = Double ...]

Last edited by DerAlte : 23rd August 2013 at 16:10.
Old 30th March 2023, 13:57   #51
BANNED

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

I am having honda city 2011 EMT, had plans to change car with new City version. I now plan to stay with 2011 model though it doesn't have steering mounting controls and neither cruise conteol. Please suggest decent-
1. Infotainment system.
2. Dash cam
3. Rear view camera

Appreciate team bhpian family response..
Old 30th March 2023, 15:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by replyakhil View Post
I am having honda city 2011 EMT, had plans to change car with new City version. I now plan to stay with 2011 model though it doesn't have steering mounting controls and neither cruise conteol. Please suggest decent-
1. Infotainment system.
2. Dash cam
3. Rear view camera

You can check the Sony XAV-AX700 (Review: Sony XAV-AX7000 Head Unit) and that fits the City layout. Supports the Rear view cam too

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd April 2023 at 05:25. Reason: Post split
Old 30th March 2023, 19:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
I am having honda city 2011 EMT, had plans to change car with new City version. I now plan to stay with 2011 model though it doesn't have steering mounting controls and neither cruise control. Please suggest decent-
1. Infotainment system.
2. Dash cam
3. Rear view camera

I've been using the DDPAI Mola N3 Pro Dual dashcam (non GPS) from the past 7 months and I'm satisfied with the quality. Audio and video quality both are good for the price, be sure to buy a CPL filter for clearer video though. I have shared several of my dashcam photos and videos on different threads. You may check those for a better idea of the actual recorded footage. I installed it via the 12V socket but will think of hardwiring later. The dashcam + 128gb microSD + CPL filter cost me around ₹10,500. Surely a smart investment for our chaotic roads. Let me know if you have any doubts. Check this out - https://www.nexdigitron.com/collecti...roducts/n3-pro
Yash390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 07:53   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Thats a deep scratch and is prone to rust formation. Would recommend the full panel painting. Dry denting will make this worse IMO

You can check the Sony XAV-AX700 (Review: Sony XAV-AX7000 Head Unit) and that fits the City layout. Supports the Rear view cam too
As car upgrade is still in pipeline so don't want to spend more than 10-15k on entertainment head unit for a year or so. Kindly suggest some other option which can fit well in Honda City 2011 EMT.
Note- sorry I should have mentioned budget earlier.
Old 2nd April 2023, 20:41   #55
BHPian

Quote:
As car upgrade is still in pipeline
I would recommend not to spend anything on it. Leave it as it is and it will encourage you to go for an upgrade.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 23:34   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
I would recommend not to spend anything on it. Leave it as it is and it will encourage you to go for an upgrade.
That is true and honestly too keep myself away for car an upgrade for a year I want to spend on music system. So looking for music system upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks