Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 00:03   #1

ICE in Honda City E MT

Hi Folks,

I searched the forums and googled a bit, but couldn't find a direct reference that answered my query. If a similar question has been answered earlier please point me to the same.

I am considering ANHC EMT variant which does not come with a music system. I have friends traveling back from US and was considering a 2 DIN system like Amazon.com: JVC KW-AVX720 Double-DIN Multimedia Satellite/HD Radio/Bluetooth-Ready Receiver with 7-Inch Widescreen Touch Panel Monitor, DVD/CD/iPod/iPhone USB 2.0: Electronics

Would something like this fit in the slot available on an ANHC? I am not an audiophile and need a basic working 2 DIN system with decent sounding speakers. The only other requirement I have is bluetooth pairing with my earpiece.

Please help. :-)

Thanks in advance for your time.

-lc
Old 14th September 2010, 10:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

Yes the ANHC-E has room for a 2 DIN HU. However you will still need a dash kit for the 2 DIN HU. Mkae sure Honda India has one before you get the HU.
Old 14th September 2010, 14:04   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Yes the ANHC-E has room for a 2 DIN HU. However you will still need a dash kit for the 2 DIN HU. Mkae sure Honda India has one before you get the HU.
Thanks Navin. I didnt see a dash kit in their accessories list. I will call them up and find out. Considering my usage what speakers would you suggest? Searching through this forum, I sense JBL should be adequate.

Also, how good do you rate the HU and speakers (kenwood I am told) on the ANHC SMT? Should I bother with all this or just go for the SMT and stick with the stock setup?

Thanks,
lc
Old 14th September 2010, 15:05   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonecrusader View Post
Thanks Navin. I didnt see a dash kit in their accessories list. I will call them up and find out. Considering my usage what speakers would you suggest? Searching through this forum, I sense JBL should be adequate.

Also, how good do you rate the HU and speakers (kenwood I am told) on the ANHC SMT? Should I bother with all this or just go for the SMT and stick with the stock setup?

Thanks,
lc
Hi LC,

You need a 2DIN accessory, if I remember MONTY did it. He bought EMT and added ICE to it. Not sure about minute details you seek, but he should be right contact as he modified his dash to fit the player.

Regarding the stock system in SMT, I felt it's adequate and very crisp. Feel it to compare. It's pretty decent, if you can restrict yourself with a USB Drive, IPOD then stock is the best option.

If you seek high end ICE with all possibilities then seek a change.

Here's the link from Monty, fire him a PM he would assist you with the dash modifications and parts.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-page-3-a.html

Last edited by raghu230506 : 14th September 2010 at 15:09.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:31   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonecrusader View Post
Considering my usage what speakers would you suggest? Searching through this forum, I sense JBL should be adequate.

Should I bother with all this or just go for the SMT and stick with the stock setup?

What you will not get with the E-MT will be the steering wheel controls.

But if you compare a system that includes compoents like the ones listen below you can get a very good system for about 1L (which is about the diffference between the E-MT and V-MT); far better than most OEM audio systems.

HU: Kenwood 616, Alpine W203 or Pioneer 3200BT
Amps: DLS CA51, JL 6600 or 700/5, or Infinty Kappa 5
Subs and Speakers: DLS Reference, Alpine SPR , Infinity Kappa, Boston Pro60, Focal Access, Rainbow SLC

For 50K (the difference between a E-MT and S-MT) you can still get a pretty decent system but you'd have to consider a 1 DIN HU (most 1 DIN HUs sound better than 2 DIN Hus in the same price range), Pioneer/Kenwood/JBL amps and DLS Performance/Infinity Reference/Alpine SPS series speakers and subwoofer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Regarding the stock system in SMT, I felt it's adequate and very crisp. Feel it to compare. It's pretty decent, if you can restrict yourself with a USB Drive, IPOD then stock is the best option.
My wife took delviery of her car with the Stock OEM system. She lived with it for a week or so (till we could get the Alpine E650 for her).

When we stuck the Alpine E650 in her car (along with amps and speakers) she was happy with the stock system but once the system was upgraded she was estatic.

We went the E650 route because
a. she wanted steering wheel controls
b. an absolute stock look (we snuck in 2 tweeter pods)
c. she has no use for CD and the stock HU nicely hid her ipod.

BTW does Honda make a CD-changer for the Stock HU?

Last edited by navin : 14th September 2010 at 17:34.
Old 14th September 2010, 22:06   #6
BHPian

i believe if your car doesn't come with a factory fit audio, it should have the standard 2-din or single din in place. only in cases when it is factory fit, there's a need for a kit, cause the factory fit system isn't a standard din size. at least that's how it is in toyota and i10. better to check, they surely wouldn't give you a car with a random size thingy to get a stereo.
Old 15th September 2010, 09:47   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
i believe if your car doesn't come with a factory fit audio, it should have the standard 2-din or single din in place.
I suspect the ANHC gap is sorta V shaped and hence a dash kit might be needed to make the slot into a 7" x 2" (2DIN) slot or 7" x 1" (1DIN slot). I have seen the dash kit for the 1 DIN slot but not for the 2 DIN slot but then I never looked for the 2 DIN dash kit.

Last edited by navin : 15th September 2010 at 09:52.
Old 15th September 2010, 23:21   #8

Thanks Navin, Montyguru. Lemme talk to the SA and see what he has to say.

-lc

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I suspect the ANHC gap is sorta V shaped and hence a dash kit might be needed to make the slot into a 7" x 2" (2DIN) slot or 7" x 1" (1DIN slot). I have seen the dash kit for the 1 DIN slot but not for the 2 DIN slot but then I never looked for the 2 DIN dash kit.
Old 29th July 2011, 22:10   #9
BHPian

re: ICE in Honda City E MT

Hi,

I just booked a Honda city 1.5 V AT today. the car comes with factory fitted ICE, which I would like to replace with a after market AV 2 din HU.

Please can you advice me if this possible. do we get the facia to accomodate a double din HU. If available , approx price as well please.

I have moved to Bangalore recently and hence plan to get the install done by Anwar. Some advice on cost of damping would also be helpful.

Also I have the following items that I would remove from my current I20

1. Polk Audio - 6.5 Component - Front
2. Polk Audio - 6.5 Co axial - Rear
3. Polk Audio - 12" subwoofer - factory enclosure
4. 4 channel amp - JBL
5. Mono amp - Pioneer
6. wiring kit.

Please advice if these can be used on the ANHC. Also would you recommend Pioneer or JVC. The model that i thought of is JVC AV 836 or Pioneer AVH 4250.

Awaiting your advice

Regards,
Vijay.
Old 30th July 2011, 08:25   #10
BHPian

Hi gurus, I am waiting for an update at the earliest,

Off topic, I was looking for a sedan with at transmission around 11lakhs budget. Is it worth to take a petrol head given my average run per month being 1300 kms.

Many thanks and awaiting ur reply.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:31   #11
BHPian

Hi, I am not sure if I happened to post a query on a closed thread. Pls can come one help me with some advice.
Old 2nd August 2011, 01:51   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_n81 View Post
Hi,

I just booked a Honda city 1.5 V AT today. the car comes with factory fitted ICE, which I would like to replace with a after market AV 2 din HU.

Please can you advice me if this possible. do we get the facia to accomodate a double din HU.
I am no ICE guru but am sure you will get some leads from this thread ; maybe you could PM the member to get tips

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...diy-carpc.html
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:01   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Please can you advice me if this possible. do we get the facia to accomodate a double din HU. If available , approx price as well please.

I have moved to Bangalore recently and hence plan to get the install done by Anwar. Some advice on cost of damping would also be helpful.

Also I have the following items that I would remove from my current I20

1. Polk Audio - 6.5 Component - Front
2. Polk Audio - 6.5 Co axial - Rear
3. Polk Audio - 12" subwoofer - factory enclosure
4. 4 channel amp - JBL
5. Mono amp - Pioneer
6. wiring kit.

Please advice if these can be used on the ANHC. Also would you recommend Pioneer or JVC. The model that i thought of is JVC AV 836 or Pioneer AVH 4250.

Awaiting your advice

Regards,
Vijay.
Congratulations on the booking.

1. The aftermarket dash kit is available and if i'm not wrong it costs somewhere in the 6k mark. And i'm told Honda OE dash kit costs 10k. You can also get a steering remote module (cost 3-4k) which you can hook to make use of your OE steering controls with aftermarket HU's. Alternatively, Pioneer & JVC have small steering remote contol for 1.5k, my suggestion would be to pick one of these if you are getting a Pioneer/JVC HU as these remotes give more control over the HU.

2. You can use your old setup from I20, there should be no probs with that.

3. Btw Pioneer 4250 & JVC AV836, my pick would be the JVC. Reasons being that JVC has build in BT, can play wave format and has 2way control of ipod & iphone. The 836 has got upgraded now, its called JVC KW-AVX846 2-DIN AV Receiver KW-AVX846 | AV Receiver | Car Audio | JVC India
Old 5th August 2011, 00:07   #14
BHPian

Hi donarun, thanks for the reply. Any idea on expected cost for damping.
Also do u have an idea on how much it would cost as labor to get this done by someone like Anwar in Bangalore.
Old 8th August 2011, 11:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Hi donarun, thanks for the reply. Any idea on expected cost for damping.
Also do u have an idea on how much it would cost as labor to get this done by someone like Anwar in Bangalore.
In Chennai, Stinger roadkill bulk pack (36 sq.ft) cost around 12k. Alternatively you could also contact Bass&Trouble on the forum for noise kill sheets. I'm not sure of the price but its somewhere around the Rs.120-130 / sq.ft mark.

Not sure how much Banglore based installers charge, but a similar installation in Chennai would cost you around 3-5k depending on the installer.

Most Viewed