Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2010, 11:10   #1
ppr
BHPian

Using iPhone with an inbuilt car system

Hi

I have an Audi A6 2008 model. I am also using an iPhone 3GS. Is there anyway I can play the music of the iPhone on the Audi system? My car has the Bose package in it but no internal iPod dock.

I would love to have a system where I can see the songs from the iPhone displayed on the LCD of the car.

Thanks

ppr
Old 20th September 2010, 11:21   #2
BHPian

Does your Head Unit have a Aux Input? Am shure it will have one!

If yes - then all you have to do is buy a cord that is available with most of the Music System guys or Alpha - they will have this cord which you can insert from the iPhone dock to the Head Unit and play your favourite music.

Cheers
Old 20th September 2010, 12:36   #3
ppr
BHPian

I am not sure it does. I should ask the Audi guys. I thought they would have told me if it did when I bought the car.

The Bluetooth works with my phone perfectly now.

ppr
Old 20th September 2010, 18:11   #4
ppr
BHPian

I asked the guys at Audi and no Aux input in this car. What would be the best solution?

ppr
Old 20th September 2010, 18:16   #5
BHPian

Hey PPR

Does your Audi stereo have in-built bluetooth system?

If it does, then chances are high that you can stream music from your iPhone bluetooth to your car audio system.

I am currently using my iPhone 3GS with inbuilt bluetooth system in my Manza.
I can also stream music via bluetooth to the stereo, although I prefer the Aux port.

Last edited by amitw79 : 20th September 2010 at 18:18. Reason: Wrongly spelled Audi ;)
Old 20th September 2010, 18:26   #6
ppr
BHPian

Amit

The Audi has a bluetooth for the phone inbuilt. Won't that be a mono input? In fact, I have a Manza as well and am using the phone bluetooth on that but have not been able (not tried actually) to get the bluetooth working for the music. I will definitely try it out but suspect it will be a mono output.

On the Manza, the USB connection definitely does not work with iPods / iPhones. It will work only with a FAT 32 formatted USB disk / drive.

ppr
Old 20th September 2010, 23:45   #7

Hi

Your Audi A6 will be having MMI System which will need a Dension Gateway 500 USB & IPOD kit which has 2 USB inputs and 1 Ipod Input.It will display all the information on you MMI Factory LCD Screen.
Old 21st September 2010, 10:35   #8
ppr
BHPian

Wow!

Thanks Hihaneet. That is exactly what I was looking for. Is this available in India? Or do I have to get it from abroad? My Audi has the MMI system with the WCI package (ie the Bose system) Will that make a difference?

ppr
Old 21st September 2010, 14:40   #9
BHPian

If you want to just get by, you can get the AirTunes package which will broadcast music from your phone to the HU via FM. You'll need to tune your HU to a certain FM station (programmeable) and that should do the trick. I normally wouldn't recommend this, but it's certainly better than Bluetooth quality which downsamples it to Mono.

A Belkin kit should cost you around 4k to 5k, and works pretty well.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:05   #10
ppr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
If you want to just get by, you can get the AirTunes package which will broadcast music from your phone to the HU via FM. You'll need to tune your HU to a certain FM station (programmeable) and that should do the trick. I normally wouldn't recommend this, but it's certainly better than Bluetooth quality which downsamples it to Mono.

A Belkin kit should cost you around 4k to 5k, and works pretty well.
I have used the FM earlier and I have a Monster kit with me which is not compatible with the iPhone 3GS (It was earlier used for an iPod). The only thing is that with the MMI display on the Audi, it is tempting to be able to use the controller and screen to see and select the songs from the steering as well.

I think the device suggested by Haneet should work fine.

ppr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks