Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2010, 00:45   #16
BHPian

Congrats Sanjay, was waiting for this review for a very long time. Mind-blowing stuff, but was not able to view/hear the setup with the avx-77.

Hope to get an audition soon.
Old 22nd September 2010, 07:00   #17
BHPian

The Making of the 5.1

The stock look...decent performance out of the box, but that extra edginess/zing which draws the taalis/sitis from the audience was missing.
Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_1.jpg
Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_2.jpg

Kenwood DDX896 was supposed to fly in from USA to perform here...Availability of the equivalent DDX8036BT here itself made me sign-up for the desi actor. Must admit, it was hard to find a decent performance review for the same though. No audition/demo available either. Went purely by the big name. The actor during the initial rehearsal turned out to be quirky and refused to stick to the script. Took a couple of supporting actors down as well. Must have been an off-day for the guy. The support staff for the actor were unreliable and could not stick to promises made. I was not willing to take nonsense after a 60K signing amount. Decided to look for a more dependable actor. Unceremoniously dumped this one, with a heavy heart though. I so badly wanted this one to perform to its potential. More on this later in the review.

Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_3.jpg

Signed up the JL's to perform at the rear too. The fronts and rear stage are equally matched. Why only the front-benchers should have all the fun???

JVC as the lead actor, brings them to life during movie shows, rest of the time, they are tuned to recede into the background. Paisa vasool stuff for both front/rear occupants.
Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_3a.jpg

Dress designing of the front left/right stage. The stars of the show - JL's - are thickly & heavily attired - 4mm thick & ~4 kilos in weight each side, - I am told.
Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_4.jpg
Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_5.jpg

Last edited by sanjayc : 22nd September 2010 at 07:12.
Old 22nd September 2010, 08:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for the inviatation. Thats some serious mind blowing stuff you are getting done. Keep the pics coming, this has already started giving me some ideas and my brain's overworking (Coz Co just announced Diwali Bonus to be credited in Oct Salary).

BTW is there going to be any increase in the total weight of the car coz this will then make you "heavy weight" among Fiestians.

Kindly let us know how lightened are your pockets by this adventerous act?
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
...this has already started giving me some ideas and my brain's overworking (Coz Co just announced Diwali Bonus to be credited in Oct Salary).
There you go! Another "bakra" to be sacrificed on the ICE altar. Come the festive season, and the brain-washers must be rubbing their hands in glee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur
BTW is there going to be any increase in the total weight of the car coz this will then make you "heavy weight" among Fiestians.
The front doors are indeed feeling heavier. The road/outside noise also has reduced drastically as a beneficial side-effect.
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sanjay,

Superb list of stuff and excellent narrative there. Congrats Buddy.
Infact, Gilead and myself planned to come together on the day of your install, unfortunately, i got dropped off as i had some personal work.

So, when are you getting us the tickets for this theater

BTW,

whats the damping material, never heard of it ??
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:20   #21
BHPian

Mi10@, thanks. Passes are avlbl via PM during weekend special shows

Those damping materials are the new & upcoming designers on the block I guess. Never heard of them myself. Went with Powerzone reco. Those are at least twice as thick compared to Doorkill. Seems to be doing the job well as of now.
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Infact, Gilead and myself planned to come together on the day of your install, unfortunately, i got dropped off as i had some personal work.
If you had come that evening, you would have only heard the music from the half baked Kenwood. It was not playing 5.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Those are at least twice as thick compared to Doorkill. Seems to be doing the job well as of now.
I suppose you mean Noisekill. That's the one I have and yes, what you have is at least twice and thick and heavy. It feels like Dynamat. Good VFM.
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I suppose you mean Noisekill. That's the one I have and yes, what you have is at least twice and thick and heavy. It feels like Dynamat. Good VFM.
Oops..yes Noisekill. I liked the dashing reddish-orange flamboyant color of Noisekill though. Sad that it has to remain out-of-sight.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:15   #24
BHPian

Threading the actors together

Oh! What a mess! The wires dangling on electric poles on Ritchie Street seems to better organized. Hope the color-coordinated wires are going to provide each of the actors their que exactly at the right time.

Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_6.jpg

Yes, that is the Fiesta dark room! And, the wizard pulls no stops weaving his magic.

Is it a pre-condition that the technician should be short and small-built?

The way Powerzone's Saravanan has fitted into the boot explains the neat job. Better part of a full day was invested here. And it shows in the final results.

Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_7.jpg

Trivia : I was strictly told to be off-limits during this makeover process. Apparently, if I oversaw the entire process, there will no surprise at the end. However, it turns out, this has more to do with the heartburn it may have caused seeing my beloved car being shred & torn.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
You are using 2 x Focal Solid 4 amps, right? So 1 channel of 1 of the amps is unused, I presume?
Ajay, that channel is being used to power the Pioneer center channel speaker. And yes, there are two Solid 4s.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

super set up. Would like to see the photographs after installation!!
and the camera? will it work as parking senser or as a video camera also?
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic. I can't control my eagerness to see the completed job. More pics please!
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:37   #28
BHPian

Nairji/Vnabhi, more photos are coming up..stay tuned.

The camera gets activated only while reversing. The rear display is shown on the HU screen as soon the reverse gear is engaged. Combined with the alarm-only parking sensor installed earlier, which still continues to work along with the camera, now I have both audio as well as visual alert. I will have no lame excuses to offer anymore in case my rear gets banged up;-}

Must say, the rear camera is more of a gimmick though..it is far easier to rely on the alarm-only parking sensor. The saving grace is while parking closer to kerbs or obstructions lying low on the ground.
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:10   #29
BHPian

Finally - Dressing Up Completed - Now ready to perform

One of the pre-conditions of the setup was to ensure minimum space is taken, since the boot is used quite frequently. As it ends up, it looks like only 6 inches of space has been eaten up from the backside. Now that it is done, I am afraid of putting shopping items at the back..need to think of ways & means to protect the stuff from accidental damage - a full length grille maybe from left to right;-}

Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_8a.jpg

The Focals are nicely tucked away on either end. Kicker is fixed rock-solid - cannot shake a mm even deliberately.

Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_8.jpg
Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_9.jpg
Now... Playing at a FIESTA Near You...In Ultra-wide Cinemascope-making_10.jpg
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sanjay,

Would like to know by how much in % terms is the boot space compromised by this set up? Is there some kind of protection of the systems in the boot to prevent any untoward contact with the luggage?

I think you should have started the thread as a tele-serial rather than a cineam coz the pics and the posts are coming serially. I have to keep refreshing the pages to see for any new posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks