Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 13:42   #1
BHPian

Good Speakers/ Amps from US

Hi Gurus,

I am returning to India from US next month. I have a Swift Dzire VDi with the stock speakers and ICE. I haven't upgraded it yet. Now i wanted to put some decent speakers without changing the inbuilt audio system. Please suggest me some good speakers and brands available in US. I have the following concerns for the new speaker.

1. The speakers should be easily installable in the Dzire without any drilling/cutting the door plastics.
2. Speakers with good base effect and should be very clear even in high volume.
3. I can afford a good amp for the above desired effect.
4. budget is around $500-700.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old 29th September 2010, 08:17   #2

Hello there,

Firstly you have to do some research into the particular size of speaker that will fit your stock locations. Once you find that out, then you can go shopping for speakers. I would recommend Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, Mephis Audio, Rainbow , Hertz, Focals, Soundstream, just to name a few, audition them to see what sounds good to your ears. Try to buy component speakers so you can place the tweeters in the "a" pillars of the car to bring up the sound stage. Secondly, with regards to amplifications, always try to match the speakers "rms" rating to the amplifier to get the best out of your speakers. Also you will need to purchase the required power wires and a extenal fuse holder that will be connected no less than 18 inches from the battery. Again stick to the reputable brands and you will enjoy years of music in your car. If you have any questions, then please ask.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks