Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 21:43   #1
BHPian

ICE upgrade for POlo 1.6

Hi,

I am aware of similar threads but its bit different where I need to retain the stock HU and add amplifier and components.

Currently I have these which were taken out from my old car.

ARC Audio 300.4
Polk MM 6501 components
Pold db 6 in speaker
Polk DB 12in sub

I did some research and found two products which can take high level input and process the signals i.e.,

MTX REQ5

Amazon.com: MTX re-Q5 5-channel bass restoration signal processor Get full bass response when adding amps to a factory system: Gateway

and

Kicker

Kicker ZX10SUM8 Zero Summing Device for OEM Integration, 10ZXSUM8

Gurus, need advice on which one would be better? or are there better ones? btw cant afford audison bit one or RF 3SIXTY2.

Also I have a Kicker 750.1 Mono amp which puts out almost 900 rms @ 2 ohms

Which one would match Alpine Type X 1043D 1000 RMS or IDQv3 which is just 500 RMS.

Thanks

P.S. I dont want to slice or do any alteration on the stock wiring. So do we get an extender coupler where the wires can be sliced?

[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
Old 29th September 2010, 09:26   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103 View Post
I did some research and found two products which can take high level input and process the signals
MTX REQ5
Kicker ZX10SUM8

Gurus, need advice on which one would be better? or are there better ones? btw cant afford audison bit one or RF 3SIXTY2.
WHat about the 360.1?

The 2 devices you have listed do not have Time Alignment. I am not even sure if they will negate the EQ some OEM HUs have

The ReQ is a 5 channel device the Kicker is a 4 channel device so without having heard either I'd take the MTX REQ. Please note that many such devices do not have a low noise theshold and you might get some hiss in your system. For this issue only I'd recommend you try before you buy.
Old 3rd October 2010, 10:48   #3
BHPian

Thanks Navin

Ok I guess I will go with the REQ5. Also does anyone know if i can get the coupler extender for Polo HU. I dont want to cut the stock wires. Also does the RCD 510 be a direct fit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks