Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 09:41   #31
BHPian

Hey Mi10, it was nice knowing you and thank you for your valuable comments, love to audition your fiesta once you have set up your ICE, i personally had a chance to meet everyone especially yzfrj who took his time to take photos... Bye the bye when and where are you planning to do your ICE setup very eager to see how the installation is done.
Old 15th October 2010, 08:40   #32
BHPian

Hi,
I have a Scorp with 2 ovals and a sub powered by a single amp which needs upgrading and was glad to come across this thread.
I have some questions-
If I understand correctly, there's one amp powering 4+1 speakers. How are they connected? Is there an additional amp for the sub?
Is this setup good for hip-hop and trance?
Old 16th October 2010, 00:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Tweeters mounted near to the components on the door pad itself and the cross overs were fitted inside the door pad.
Hey, As far as my understanding is, the reason we go for a component set up is to move out the tweets from the speaker to a higher level for better output. As Tweets transmit narrow beams which are not audible at shoulder level. So I'm just wondering why you had the tweets fixed below ?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th October 2010 at 07:42.
Old 18th October 2010, 09:29   #34
BHPian

Omkar0044-
The Front Components are powered by the Amp
The Rear Ovals are powered by the HU and it is used as a fill only
The Sub is powered by the amp in bridged mode
binu balan - If the tweeters are placed in front like say dash or a pillar it will be too bright for me and its always better to place the tweeters closer to the mid to get a better sound stage
Old 20th October 2010, 15:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi_seln View Post
Hi folks,
At last my new Scorpio Vlx 8 Seater was ICE'ed near the Biggest Mall in chennai..

The recipe for the ICEing was

DAY - 1
1st STAGE done on Friday 1st OCT 2010

What went in
1. Front Components - MTX Thunder 6000 series T6S652
Attachment 434373
2. Rear Ovals - MTX Thunder 6000 series T6C693
Attachment 434372
3. Amp - 4 Channel Amp from Auditor - RIP - think its 4280
Attachment 434371
4. 8 Guage MTX Wiring for the mains
5. Scosche RCA wirings with RCA splitter

with the OEM Audio System.

Mounting Points

1. The Front Components - were mounted externally on the door pad with custom made MDF shaped to the profile
2. Tweeters mounted near to the components on the door pad itself and the cross overs were fitted inside the door pad.

3. The amplifiers were fitted below the front co-passenger seat

4. The RR ovals were fitted with custom made MDF planks at both the extremes of the Tailgate door.

5. The front and Rear were all powered by the AMP.

The install started at 4pm and ended at 8 pm and the tuning and finall touches were finished and good to go at 10 pm.

The sound quality had increased to a large extend but the OE kit was so bad, few issues for example were
1. when the volume knob was adjusted to min and 0 tak tak noise was coming in the speakers
2. when in AUX mode with full volume i was able to hear one of the channels of the FM playing in low tone.

Was audited on Sunday and Monday by some of our fellow BHPinans in my area.

DAY - 2 - 2nd stage - Monday 4th OCT 2010

One of my friend had spared his HU for checking in my setup to see if the SQ got better.
Went again to the same installer
after a long discussion went in for the 2nd stage for fitment of the following

What went in
1. RR SUB - KICKER compact series (since the car was a 8 seater had negligible space at the rear - TC 10
Attachment 434374

2. Roof mount monitor for playing DVD - Neotek 9 inches (very light weight was fixed after removing the front room lamp so that the OEM setup of the Head lining did not get affected.

after the install was over had some issues with the HU which my friend gave.... did not have the heart to get back home half baked.

Went in to to a deep dive for search of a HU for my requirements and budget
1. Requirements was DVD player, 2 preouts, USB slot and must play divx through USB 1DIN/2DIN with bill and with warranty - and all with a low fat diet ended up with the KENWOOD DVD unit
MP5343U.
Attachment 434370
Successfully completed the install by 8pm and got back home.
Need to go for the tuning after my beast returns from 1st service tomorrow.
Folks that's all for now
Will be posting the actual photos later.
can i know the price that you shelled for the kicker sub & some details pl, by the way from whom did you get this job done, i was looking for a sub/amp for my swift, zeroed JBL1204B & JBL S644 amp, getting done. any comments ob thsi config
Old 20th October 2010, 15:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Got a chance to audition this beast.

I am in love with those Midbasses. Super duper Punch, better than an 8" ID CTX and Polk db.

Very neat and professional. Congrats Prithvi, hope you are enjoying every moment of music.
before i came across the threads posted by prithivi as well by you i started installing JBL 1204 b SUB & S644 AMP in my swift along with ts 20 tweeters
now im not delighted with the punch & the teightness of the bass as i expected, let me brief teh setup in my car - has pioneer 6950 hu, jbl com in front & ovals at rear, any comments to bring taste of blasting bass
Old 20th October 2010, 16:09   #37
BHPian

I have PMed you the contact nos ..and the SQ of the bass depends upon the size of the sub, the enclosure and the amp and more over the source. Please post in more details of the sub.
Old 20th October 2010, 20:55   #38
BHPian

Got a chance tonight to audition RJ555 system, totally the mid bass kick in is missing, i was not able to ascertain that since i was not able to play my regular audition tracks from my usb since his usb connection was disconnected, but the ICE he had was a decent config and the PIO was 3 pre out system. Hope he will be able to fix it if the tuning is done rightly
Old 21st October 2010, 10:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi_seln View Post
Got a chance tonight to audition RJ555 system, totally the mid bass kick in is missing, i was not able to ascertain that since i was not able to play my regular audition tracks from my usb since his usb connection was disconnected, but the ICE he had was a decent config and the PIO was 3 pre out system. Hope he will be able to fix it if the tuning is done rightly
It was a happy moment yesterday evening meeting a bhpia'n after a long gap' that too close to my locality, well with your inuts & the setup in your beast made me realize the lack of mid bass and the tuning that has to be tweaked to keep my car rocking, shall get it done sooner. Thnx Prithivi for your time & advice. Meet you soon post tuning.

Most Viewed