Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2005, 18:31   #1
BHPian

Speakers For Pioneer DEH-P7650MP

Hi,

I would apprecite it very much if I can get suggestions for the speakers for the Pioneer DEH-P7650MP HU. I had this installled earlier on my M800 with just a set of Lanzar Speakers. Now I intend to install the HU in my new Swift ZXI with new set of speakers. The accessory dealer suggested that I go for 2 sets of JBL GTO-636e (3950.00 / Set) speakers to be installed on the 4 doors.

Is the above a recommended setup for this particular HU?, I dont want to go for anything too loud with thumping bass, My preference is just good crisp music.

The Maruti Dealer insists that any electrical installation be carried out by them, to avoid warranty problems. Are there any good professional installers of the Car Audio systems in the western suburbs of Mumbai. Its a tricky situation with the new car due to the warranty clauses

Old 5th December 2005, 19:59   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin
Hi,

I would apprecite it very much if I can get suggestions for the speakers for the Pioneer DEH-P7650MP HU. I had this installled earlier on my M800 with just a set of Lanzar Speakers. Now I intend to install the HU in my new Swift ZXI with new set of speakers. The accessory dealer suggested that I go for 2 sets of JBL GTO-636e (3950.00 / Set) speakers to be installed on the 4 doors.

Well........there is nothing like that some speakers r made for that HU only.

just listen to what u want to buy and make ur choice acc to ur taste and budget.For crsip sound,add a decent 4-ch amplifier.
Old 5th December 2005, 20:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

nah, doesnt want or would paly music loud. I guess he would be happy with the HU powering his JBL's.

Just see that you get the originals ( get B&W).

And, whats your budget
Old 6th December 2005, 04:36   #4
BHPian

Well, JK the budget for the speakers is around 10K. You are spot on when you said that I just want the HU to power the JBL's.
Old 6th December 2005, 10:38   #5
Team-BHP Support

Irwin, my FIL had for GTO636 installed in the doors of his swift. He is happy.

His music covers most of pop the stuff you see on MTV (Brittney Spears, Snoop Doggy Dog, etc) but he wanted his trunk for use (no sub) and he did not want to cut holes in the A pillars (no components).

He has no amp. just a simple HU (alpine 9847) that connects to his ipod via a cable (KCA 420i).

installtime 60 mins. for HU and speakers.
Old 13th December 2005, 12:57   #6
BHPian

Hi Irwin,

Recently I have fitted Pioneer HU, with pioneer speakers & Sony Amp for my Swift VXI (ABS).
My suggestion is do not install the rear speakers on the door, instead you can choose a plank with spacer for the speakers. This gives you wonderful thumping sound. You can try out both the option with the rear speakers on the door & using the plank with spacers.

I think the second option is far better than fitting on the doors. Ask the dealer to give the demo. Also I dint opt for Sub-woofer because of the space crunch at my boot.

Cheers,
Pradeep
Old 13th December 2005, 13:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Irwin, my FIL had for GTO636 installed in the doors of his swift. He is happy. His music covers most of pop the stuff you see on MTV (Brittney Spears, Snoop Doggy Dog, etc)
Navinji, your FIL listens to Snoop Dogg!!??
Old 13th December 2005, 13:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]Irwin, JBL speakers are suppose to be the best! But I have Blaupunkt speapkers in my Palio and itz not too bad!!![/SIZE]
Old 13th December 2005, 17:57   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Navinji, your FIL listens to Snoop Dogg!!??
and other groups i dont even know of. he loves MTV and loved a show call the grind.

i listen to Beethoven. go figure. :-) my wife says her father is 60+ going on 16 and I am 40+ going on 80.
Old 13th December 2005, 22:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and other groups i dont even know of. he loves MTV and loved a show call the grind.

i listen to Beethoven. go figure. :-) my wife says her father is 60+ going on 16 and I am 40+ going on 80.
Man, your family's giving me a complex... I expected you to say it was a typo and you meant BIL or something. I guess your FIL rocks!!! Gives 'Old Skool' a whole new meaning
Old 13th December 2005, 23:08   #11
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin

The Maruti Dealer insists that any electrical installation be carried out by them, to avoid warranty problems. Are there any good professional installers of the Car Audio systems in the western suburbs of Mumbai. Its a tricky situation with the new car due to the warranty clauses

I had listened to the maruti dealer about the warranty thing and let him put the stereo in my wagonR (that was 5 years back)... 4 months back I replaced my HU and ... found that all wires had been cut by the maruti dealer!
Most shops now-a-days keep these maruti standard jacks... so it shouldn't be a problem. But don’t trust maruti dealers.
Old 14th December 2005, 10:05   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Man, your family's giving me a complex... I expected you to say it was a typo and you meant BIL or something. I guess your FIL rocks!!! Gives 'Old Skool' a whole new meaning
dont worry the "old man" gives me a complex too. did i mention that my mom "steals" my RS when we visit her. she wants a Fabia RS so that it is smaller, lighter, more manouverable and hopefully faster.

Last edited by navin : 14th December 2005 at 10:06.
Old 14th December 2005, 16:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dont worry the "old man" gives me a complex too. did i mention that my mom "steals" my RS when we visit her. she wants a Fabia RS so that it is smaller, lighter, more manouverable and hopefully faster.
how about audi tt? or Laura
Old 15th December 2005, 10:29   #14
Team-BHP Support

Think local dude. Her budget wont extend to the TT and the Laura is as big as the Octy. in fact it is a rebadged 2006 Octy. I wish they had put more thought into that name though.

Most Viewed