Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2010, 00:13   #1

ICE Updrage for Grande Punto E.Pack

Hey guys,
Just bought a Grande Punto 1.4 E.Pack 2 weeks ago.As we all know the stock Blaupunkt D323 system is a joke.
3 questions:
1)With a tight budget of about 15-18K,What is the best combination of an upgrade if all i need is...(Assuming i retain the HU)
a)Good pair of sub-ovals which deliver crisp sound at low volumes,
b)Single 12'sub-woofer which will deliver good bass punch at low volumes,
c)Appropriate 4-channel/monoblock Amp to get the most out of the above mentioned components.
I DON'T NEED A ROCK STADIUM in my ride. Just a sensible matured and groovy sounding ICE set-up.
All the above components should be compatible with my stock Blaupunkt HU.If not, what wiring/adapters will need to be used?

2)If i decide to dump the HU,considering its pretty much brand new,what price could it possibly fetch on our classifieds section.

3)Will the stock HU get the most out of the suggested components OR am i just doomed to dump it?

Lastly,where will i get all this stuff from at reasonable prices in Mumbai? Lamington Rd. perhaps?

Many thanks for all your valuable inputs in advance!
Old 15th October 2010, 00:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

The easiest way to get an amp fitted is by buying a Blaupunkt Pnp amplifier or otherwise getting a high to low converter (like a scosche) and then adding an amp.

If its only you driving I suggest you get a 4 channel amp and use 2 channels to power components in the front and the other 2 to power a sub. It will sound a whole lot better.

If you dump the stock HU your steering controls are lost and so is blue and me. Honestly I dont think its worth it unless you are a serious audiophile.
Old 15th October 2010, 09:05   #3

Thanks for your advice Akshay.
Came across Blaupunkt's Pnp THA 475 [is it available this side of the Indian Ocean?!]
Blaupunkt THA 475 amplifier
Someone kindly address my other queries as mentioned at the start of the thread.
Also,need recommendations on reliable & KNOWLEDGEABLE ICE Installer/Dealers in ICE Components in Mumbai.
Old 15th October 2010, 11:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

LOL strange way of expressing! Since the other side of the Indian Ocean is Antarctica, it *has* to be available on this side only! THA475 and 555pnp are available in India. Someone from Hyderabad got it the other day from a Mumbai dealer (don't know the details).

* No, the Blau OE HU in GP is not a joke. The OE speakers could definitely be better
* Your first upgrade should be the front speakers to components
* If you get a sub, it is enough to get round coax speakers in the rear doors (I think they fit 5.25")
* The OE HU is unlikely to fetch a decent price in the Classifieds. The only likely buyers would be those who got a GP without a system, or someone whose OE HU conked off after the warranty period!
* Speakers don't bring the best out of any HU - they just reproduce what they are given. Most OE systems are limited by the built-in equalization tailored for OE speakers. If you really want to get the most out of the OE HU, what you need is a DSP that will first reverse the built-in equalization. That will cost you upwards of 25K
Old 27th October 2010, 23:17   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
LOL strange way of expressing! Since the other side of the Indian Ocean is Antarctica, it *has* to be available on this side only! THA475 and 555pnp are available in India. Someone from Hyderabad got it the other day from a Mumbai dealer (don't know the details).

* No, the Blau OE HU in GP is not a joke. The OE speakers could definitely be better
* Your first upgrade should be the front speakers to components
* If you get a sub, it is enough to get round coax speakers in the rear doors (I think they fit 5.25")
* The OE HU is unlikely to fetch a decent price in the Classifieds. The only likely buyers would be those who got a GP without a system, or someone whose OE HU conked off after the warranty period!
* Speakers don't bring the best out of any HU - they just reproduce what they are given. Most OE systems are limited by the built-in equalization tailored for OE speakers. If you really want to get the most out of the OE HU, what you need is a DSP that will first reverse the built-in equalization. That will cost you upwards of 25K
I am the guy DerAlte is referring to . I got the THA-555 PnP amp recently. I've upgraded to Polk db6501 components for the front and db651 6" co-axials for the rear. The audio quality is great now.

PM me for more details on how to source the Amp. The THA-475 would cost around 12k including shipping. You would need the common wiring kit to install.
Old 30th October 2010, 17:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
The THA-475 would cost around 12k including shipping. You would need the common wiring kit to install.

i think it was under 8k at driven!! best solution for blue n me HUs, though you'll have to spend approx 6-7k for the PnP wiring harness... no additional wiring required though.. no power kit etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks