Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 15:41   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Though I'm not an ICE guru, I've recently got my Palio's ICE done up so I can give you bit of inputs.

Kenwood as many different options, amongst the more decent ones the 6043 will set you back by 8K and 7046 (this has Bluetooth) will set up back by about 11K. There are slightly cheaper options as well if you are willing to let go of a few things and don't plan to upgrade much later on.

Since the 608c is a 6.5" speaker a spacer ring and slight metal bending will have to be done to accomodate it. Don't worry, it looks exactly like stock from the outside. I've also got a 6.5" compo's in the front.
Praful,

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm sorry that I did not update the thread earlier. I got the HU & Speakers fixed. Pls find the details below.

1) HU - Pioneer - 4290SD
Front - JBL GTO508C (GTO-508C) 5-1/4" Component Speaker
Rear - JBL GT5-S39 6x9 Coaxial Speakers
MDF Parcel shelf + Rings
Wiring + Fiat Harness
Total - Rs.16900/-
Old 22nd November 2010, 12:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Now, that you have received your brand new Palio, its time to post its pictures. Why dont you start a new ownership thread with details on your booking, anxious wait, PDI, your driving experience so far and what ICE you finalised on.

I will be glued to it and hope I to get to do the same very shortly once my new one comes home.
Karthik,

The Palio is doing great munching miles with impunity . I will start an ownership thread in a week or two, lil busy with some work now. Btw what's the update on your Palio?
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

@Lloydofcochin: Nice to know you are having a great time. I am eagerly waiting for your ownership thread. My Palio thing seems to be in rough waters again. Getting no updates. I have started to believe again that it may not happen, in fact may never happen. I sold off my used SDX too. From no Palio, I had a Palio, now back to no Palio.
Old 6th December 2010, 15:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Can you guys suggest me a good head unit that would fit in nicely on a Palio SDX?

I would need very good quality sound with MP3, USB, Bluetooth and Provision to connect iPod. It should also support addition of subwoofer and amplifier which would be added at a later stage.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:22   #20
BHPian

Re: ICE for a Palio MJD

Quote:
Can you guys suggest me a good head unit that would fit in nicely on a Palio SDX?

I would need very good quality sound with MP3, USB, Bluetooth and Provision to connect iPod. It should also support addition of subwoofer and amplifier which would be added at a later stage.
Karthik, You may check this new HU from JBL, GT-X333. You can read more about it here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...confirmed.html

It supports USB/AUX/SD Cards etc. X333 does not play CD's but who needs CD players nowadays?

AFAIK it supports Amps & Subwoofer and for an MRP of Rs.4990/- that should be a steal Too bad that I missed it
Old 13th December 2010, 12:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey,

I use a Kenwood 7046BT in my Palio its got all the above mentioned features you need. It costs about 10-11K. Excellent HU in that price range.

The Bluetooth not only plays audio off a BT device, but also sync's with your phone to make/receive phone calls ala Blue & Me!

Last edited by praful : 13th December 2010 at 12:48.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Hey,

I use a Kenwood 7046BT in my Palio its got all the above mentioned features you need. It costs about 10-11K. Excellent HU in that price range.

The Bluetooth not only plays audio off a BT device, but also sync's with your phone to make/receive phone calls ala Blue & Me!
Had read good reviews about that HU and wanted to go for it but I had to finally settle for Pioneer 4290 since my budget was very limited. I'm planning to get a Garmin GPS 265WT which comes with Bluetooth so I thought that that would provide me an option to pair my phone to make/receive calls
Old 13th December 2010, 20:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thank you guys for all the suggestions! I am researching and learning about the HU's you guys pointed. I will narrow down and choose one. I plan to install very shortly after my exotica red comes home.

Lloyd: did you figure out the best option to fit the Autocop?
Old 14th December 2010, 19:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Here is a quote for a few setup's given by Satya (EVO). What do you guys think about it?
Option 1) Price
Pioneer 4290Sd Mp3 Player 7900
Rockford Fosgate Prime 6.5" Component Speakers 6000
Rockford Fosgate Prime 6X9" Coaxial Speakers 4100
MDF Plank + MDF Rings 1050
Overall wiring 400
Fiat harness 200

Total 19650

Option 2) Price
Rockford Fosgate Prime 6.5" Component Speakers 6000
Rockford Fosgate Prime 6X9" Coaxial Speakers 4100
JBL Gt5 2 Channel Amplifier 4500
Rockford Fosgate Prime 12" Subwoofer 4200
MDF Plank + MDF Rings + MDF Sub Box 2350
Overall wiring 1800
Fiat harness 200

Total 31050

Option 3) Price
Auditor rip 6.5" Component Speakers 4500
Auditor rip 6X9" Coaxial Speakers 3500
Rockford Fosgate Prime 12" Subwoofer 4200
Overall wiring 1800
Fiat harness 200

Total 28950

Option 4) Price
JBL Gt5 6.5" Component Speakers 4200
JBL GT5 6X9" Coaxial Speakers 3200
JBL Gt5 12" Subwoofer 3600
Overall wiring 1800
Fiat harness 200

Total 27750
Old 14th December 2010, 20:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Karthik, do make it a point to critically listen to the various possibilities - especially that of the components and sub - before you decide. Satya will definitely give you an audition. Now that you know the approx. min and max, relate it with your budget.
Old 14th December 2010, 21:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is a quote for a few setup's given by Satya (EVO). What do you guys think about it?
The price is right, even I had the same quotes from him when I'd gone for an install.

It all depends on what you want from your audio setup. Barring option 1 and 2 the speakers are a bit cheaper and this done to accomodate the Sub in your budget.

I'll give you my line of thinking, it might help you decide. When I got my audio setup, I wanted something that was reasonably better than the entry level stuff. I did not have the budget for a Sub+Amp at this point of time and thus did not want to compromise on that. So I kept that for later upgrade and decide to get whatever was the best I can get with my current budget.

If you are doing this install on a Palio you can listen to my setup if you like, I've got Kenwood 7046+RF Compos+JL Audio coax's. No Amp or Sub at this point of time.
Old 15th December 2010, 00:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks DerAlte! These are huge budgets for me. I wouldnt go for anything without the audition.

@Praful: Rightly said. He gave recomneded option, budget option as well as out of budget, I mean future expansion option. I will think about it in coming few days and zero in on one of them.
Old 15th December 2010, 12:21   #28
BHPian

Quote:
What do you guys think about it?
I have Rockford Fosgate (RF) 6.5 components and 6.5 coaxials powered by a JBL S644 4 channel amp. No sub.

My current set up is good when it comes to mids, but lacks sharpness on highs and lacks in bass. I don't have 6x9 and may be this is the reason for the lack of bass. Though I haven't heard any other set up much, I can't comment RF vis-a-vis others say Auditor. But have read good reviews about Auditor for that price range (Check this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...rized-evo.html )

My suggestion (not to confuse you ) is to go for all 4 Auditor speakers which is cheaper than RF by 2000 and use this 2000 to upgrade to 4 channel JBL Amp (costs 6500) from which you can power front compos and sub such that your front components also realise their potential. And topping this up with the JBL Sub at 3600, your total budget comes to 30350. I guess for 30k this will be a decent setup. Ofcourse only after your ears give a go ahead post audition.

Also, if you are not particular about 6x9 since you are going for a sub, you can reduce about 1k to 2k (speakers + parcel shelf ) by going for a 6.5 Auditor coax which brings your budget within 30k. Just my thoughts.

@DA - I guess Pio 4290 has only 2 preouts. Would 2 preouts do justice for a set up with Compos, Coax and a Sub ?.

Last edited by torquarius : 15th December 2010 at 12:28.
Old 15th December 2010, 12:36   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquarius View Post
@DA - I guess Pio 4290 has only 2 preouts. Would 2 preouts do justice for a set up with Compos, Coax and a Sub ?.
The only issue with having only 2 preouts is that your subwoofer will fade with either the front or rear channels and you can set the subwoofer level independantly.
Old 15th December 2010, 12:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks DerAlte! These are huge budgets for me. I wouldnt go for anything without the audition.

@Praful: Rightly said. He gave recomneded option, budget option as well as out of budget, I mean future expansion option. I will think about it in coming few days and zero in on one of them.
I think you need just decide

1: What's your max comfortable budget.
2: Do you want a sub or not.

Will make the decision making process simpler for you then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks