Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 14:56   #1
BHPian

ICE in my new Swift - The EVOlution

The Conservative Begining:

Rationale: Just need an ICE for listening to FM while commuting to office. Why spend too much ?

At the time of booking the car, had thought of a basic ICE set up since had already stretched a lot on the budget for the car itself. Have been reading on TBHP for over 6 months but the ICE bug was not succesful in biting me. But for how long?

Did some research and had decided on the following as a basic setup, many days before the car's delivery.

HU:Pioneer 2290
Front Compos: JBL 265C
Rear Coax: JBL 265
Strictly No Amp. No Sub. No matter what, since total budget was 10k - 12k

The Relaxed Progress

Rationale: Buying the car for comfort. When I'm spending so much on car, why settle for a basic system. Let me stretch a bit and go for a decent looking and a bit more feature rich HU and better speakers.

Now the revised setup with the budget extended to 16K looked like below.

HU: Pioneer 4290
Front Compos: Hertz DSK 165
Rear Coax: Hertz DSX 165

Will not buy any amp, but let me keep that optional : JBL GT5 A604
You know now where the things are headed.

The Stretched Ending (A happy one though)

Rationale: It's just one time spend right. Better get the best things available. As a compromise, let me not spend on other luxuries (read as movies, eatouts, wardrobe etc.,) for the next 3 months and save some there .

By this time, the aforesaid optional amp had become a necessity (thanks to TBHP). Bumped on to Satya (Evo) through this forum. Went to him with an open mind. Per his suggestion loaded the car with the below stuff with a total spend of 24K.

HU: Pioneer 5250
Front Compos: Rockford Fosgate R1652S
Rear Coax: Rockford Fosgate R1653
Amplifier: JBL GT5 S644
Wiring, Harness etc.,

How am I finding the ICE ? :
Satya's installers did a decent job. Satya tuned the setup to my taste. He uses a demo CD for tuning which has some trance numbers. It was sounding so great when he was tuning that I requested Satya to burn a copy for me which he duly did. But on the next day observed some vibrations from the door at high bass. Took the issue to Satya week after that. He suggested a thermocol damping after which the jarring reduced to a noticeable extent. The ICE sounds quite good now. The inbuilt crossovers in R1652S seem to be doing a good job, can hear details. All playback media sounds great, but the FMs are very normal (guess signal strength is to be blamed for this).

The Extravagant Future ?

Now I'm too tempted to add a sub to get more depth for bass. Will this evolution ever stop ?

- T
Old 19th October 2010, 20:04   #2
BHPian

congrats - do you have some pics of the equipment and install WIP ones, upload them pl...
Old 19th October 2010, 23:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquarius View Post
Will this evolution ever stop ?
Never, Post some pics.
Old 21st October 2010, 13:45   #4
BHPian

Pics

Posting pics of the components of ICE that went in - Pioneer HU, RF Speakers, JBL AMP, Wiring Kit.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE in my new Swift - The EVOlution-5.jpg  

ICE in my new Swift - The EVOlution-6.jpg  

ICE in my new Swift - The EVOlution-7.jpg  

ICE in my new Swift - The EVOlution-8.jpg  

ICE in my new Swift - The EVOlution-9.jpg  

ICE in my new Swift - The EVOlution-10.jpg  

Old 21st October 2010, 14:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Can you please detail about the RCAs used? This is probably first time I'm hearing the name "Ghost Audio"
Old 21st October 2010, 16:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Can you please detail about the RCAs used? This is probably first time I'm hearing the name "Ghost Audio"
Even I'm hearing/seeing it for the first time . I'm not very knowledgeable about RCA, Wiring, Harness and stuff. Went by what Satya @ Evo suggested/installed.
Old 21st October 2010, 22:12   #7
BHPian

A good budget install. But without a subwoofer its not complete. So break the bank and add a sub soon. Pls do post the cost break up.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:46   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
A good budget install. But without a subwoofer its not complete. So break the bank and add a sub soon. Pls do post the cost break up.
Thanks Arun. I too agree on the necessity of a SW. I'm missing those lows badly. But look where I started and where am heading . Will install one may be in a month or 2. Have PMed you the breakup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks