Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 02:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Fiat Blue & Me: Q & A Section

I downloaded Blue&me 7.0 in my Linea t-jet+ about a fortnight ago. Took some time (5-8 minutes) to get installed. Now the media player is able to detect certain songs in the storage device that it couldn't detect earlier. Seems they have now made it compatible to a range of bit-rates. Even the pairing with phone has improved. Moreover, it seems (not sure) that the media player now gets switched off whenever we turn the ignition off. Earlier the music-system used to start with media-player as soon as the ignition was turned on whereas, now it takes a few seconds (plays tuner in that time) and then starts playing the media-player.

I have experienced higher frequency of call-drops after the upgrade. It's difficult to believe that hands-free system can affect network so, I will put the blame on Airtel. Has anybody else upgraded to Blue&me 7.0 and experienced issues with call-connectivity?
Old 20th August 2013, 11:29   #32
BHPian

How do I know which version of Blue&Me I have on my Punto (Purchased in Feb'13)? at times, I face some problems with my Nokia 500 (Symbian ) in connecting. Not always though. But, sometime, I have to switch off the phone and re-start again.

Some of you have reported that Blue&Me allows playing of songs from your iPods / iPhones, etc. Is it possible for other phones devices through the USB Port? Is it supported by newer B&M versions?
Old 20th August 2013, 17:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
How do I know which version of Blue&Me I have on my Punto (Purchased in Feb'13)? at times, I face some problems with my Nokia 500 (Symbian ) in connecting. Not always though.

Is it possible for other phones devices through the USB Port? Is it supported by newer B&M versions?
The best way to find out whether your Blue&me needs update is to go to blueandme.net and then try the autoconfigurator. It will let you know if your system is compatible with the updated version. Since your's is a new car it should be the 2nd gen system. The Blue&me system is different for Linea and Punto, so I am not sure if the update is available for Punto.

I have tried my N8 (Symbian) and it did get recognised. Blue&me treats is as an external memory device.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 16:59   #34
BHPian

I have Blue&Me 5.6 installed in my car. My BB Z10 connects and works perfectly.
Old 22nd September 2013, 12:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

I have the version previous to the new one and this is exactly how it functions. If the car has been stopped for a short duration then the media player tends to come on when switched on but if its a decent stop , tuner plays for a couple of seconds and then the media player comes on - for me atleast its always been like this , even when i was using a player instead of a USB drive.

Also not planning to upgrade it , everything is working fine so i dont think there is a point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Moreover, it seems (not sure) that the media player now gets switched off whenever we turn the ignition off. Earlier the music-system used to start with media-player as soon as the ignition was turned on whereas, now it takes a few seconds (plays tuner in that time) and then starts playing the media-player.
Old 4th December 2013, 22:14   #36

Following is the procedure which I followed to update Blue&Me v 7.0 for my new Grand Punto 2013 model. No significant changes noticed yet. Hoping this helps someone.

1. Download the BuleMeConfigurator.zip and follow the procedure to get the BMConf.xml file.
2. When I uploaded the BMConf.xml file, nothing happens. not offered to download any updates not any indication that my software is up to date.
3. Edit the BMConf.xml file and I see CarType empty. Fill in the blank :-) with "Grande Punto" (no quotes and no space surrounding). save the file and upload. dont change any other field in the xml
4. Download the update and follow the standard instructions.

It took around 5 mins to update the software. I need to pair my phone again.

My BMConf.xml file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<BlueAndMeInfo>
<CarType>Grande Punto</CarType>
<Configuration>97FC0</Configuration>
<BDaddr>18067_20_2351</BDaddr>
</BlueAndMeInfo>

Happy updating.
Old 20th December 2013, 16:45   #37
BHPian

Is there anyway to go directly to the option you want on the Blue &Me? For example, if you want to play a particular folder, you need to say Media and wait for the voice to give you all the options and then say " Advanced USB" and again wait for all the options to be read out before you get to " Folders". Is there any way to skip all that and go to the desired option without waiting for the lady to list out all the options available?
Old 26th July 2014, 10:17   #38
BHPian

Friends,

I've recently acquired a Punto (90HP Emotion) and I'm still exploring the Blue & Me. I have following queries.
  • I haven't got the remote for HU. I was told, the latest versions doesn't come with the remote (not sure about the logic though, when the earlier models have this).
    Is it possible to get the remote procured somewhere? Whether the earlier model's remote is compatible with the newer models HU?

• When I play USB, The passengers are not able to change the tracks through HU (tried all the buttons). The Media Player can only be controlled by Steering Controls or Voice commands.
    Is this the way it works?

• Is there a command or a way to directly play the next folder in the USB? While I'm able to change the next track through Steering Control buttons, but every time when I need to select the next folder, I have to go to the Media Player and then browse the folders list and then select the particular folder which is time consuming and irritating.

Experts Please help.
Old 13th October 2014, 21:49   #39
BHPian

Guys,

Wrote this self-explanatory guide to update Blue and Me on our Fiats. I followed the instructions in the PDF and the entire process took me about 20 mins. I think Fiat blue and me uses some primitive processor from those 8086 days (just kidding!). The voice commands are better recognized now - or, may be it's just me

Last edited by gigatech2006 : 13th October 2014 at 21:51.
Old 18th February 2015, 16:36   #40
BHPian

Friends,

Has anyone tried to convert the CD player in Headunit as your AUX input?

Since the headunit does not support bluetooth streaming of songs (A2DP) and the passengers would not be able to change songs played in USB, I am checking the possibility of including an AUX port.
A music player can be connected to AUX and can be controlled by the passengers (so that I can happily concentrate on road instead of changing the tracks and browsing through folders while driving)
Old 4th March 2015, 10:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Technically; this is not possible with the cd player section.

What you can do and this is a pretty serious mod, is to tap in to the Blue N Me speaker wire that runs into the head unit's aux input at the rear. That is how the announcements come through.

If you've run through the Menu's on the headunit, there is an option External Volume Level or something similar in meaning. This is the aux input level.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 15:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Friends,

Assuming you are referring to having a Stereo Jack to connect an external media player.
If so, the below may be what you are looking for

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post3930272
PM - B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 21:27   #43

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I have literally spent the last two hours inside my car!

We just brought home a 2012 Punto Emotion Pack. The Blue and Me unit shows an Image ID so I reckon this is a Gen 2.

I tried using the auto config option which gave me a Gen 1 output (which clearly should be wrong). Neverthless, when I tried to install the 5.5 and 5.6 updates, the Config. Error came up.

When I edited the XML file to a gen 2 output, I was directly given the Version 9 update which throws up a USB 10 error.

I am certain that mine is a generation 2 and I would appreciate any help on how to proceed. I thank you guys in advance. :-)
Old 11th August 2016, 11:05   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshwins View Post
Sorry to revive such an old thread but I have literally spent the last two hours inside my car!

We just brought home a 2012 Punto Emotion Pack. The Blue and Me unit shows an Image ID so I reckon this is a Gen 2.

I tried using the auto config option which gave me a Gen 1 output (which clearly should be wrong). Neverthless, when I tried to install the 5.5 and 5.6 updates, the Config. Error came up.

When I edited the XML file to a gen 2 output, I was directly given the Version 9 update which throws up a USB 10 error.

I am certain that mine is a generation 2 and I would appreciate any help on how to proceed. I thank you guys in advance. :-)
Really, really could use some help here, guys...
Old 21st November 2016, 11:49   #45
BHPian

Hey guys, there has been an issue with the Blue & Me function in my 2010 Grande Punto. I dont think it has ever been updated (not sure if the service guys do it during the routine service visits).

Anyways the issue is that it does not detect the USB device attached. i usually access the files through voice command. For a while now, when i plug in the device, it does not detect it automatically like it used to. From the forum page here, i found out that after attaching i will have to update it. That trick worked for a while. Since last week, the update function says 'No Media Found' even with songs in the device.

I tried attaching another new device as someone had suggested for the system to rebuild a new database or something. But this is the issue with any device i use. So what are my choices here? I was thinking of giving it to the service centre and maybe they can figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks