Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2005, 20:10   #1
SRK
Senior - BHPian

For sedans

Hi guys first [HTML]let me tell you i am starting this thread so we can deal with ice solutions in sedans which our used by our family members.My dad has an ikon sxi which most of the is used by me and i want to have a great sound system with subs in the trunk but after i install it the car wont be useful for my family . I cant have the best sound system as i am still a student but always dream of having one .
Now guys i want you all to feed in your ideas to convert a car into a disco tech but still be useful for our family untill and unless you have a seperate`car.Like to have subs in the trunk which can come out when youneed the trunk and so on. Please fill this kind of useful things especially for sedans and have cars that sound great as well .Also feed in your suggestion in having a great sound system for sedan without creating a big hole in pockets.
Old 14th December 2005, 10:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

if you are looking at subs and components you'd have to budget atleast 40K. maybe even 50-60K. Mclaren's systtem I hear is a great balance between budget and sound.

a decent HU will run 12-15K
add decent speakers for front and rear (using coax for the rear) 8-10K
add subwoofer 7-10K
add 4 ch amp 5-11K
add wires and install - 4 - 6K
---------------------------
see 36K - 52K

optional - second amp for sub or 5 ch amp to cover sub and front and rear.
4K-8K
-----------------
total 40-60K
Old 14th December 2005, 10:59   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

for a disco on wheels just take ur car to JB and gunbir and for the fibreglassing just head to auto fusion in bangalore..trust me ul have a grin as wide as a the eiffel tower..
Old 14th December 2005, 11:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
for a disco on wheels just take ur car to JB and gunbir and for the fibreglassing just head to auto fusion in bangalore..trust me ul have a grin as wide as a the eiffel tower..
eiffel tower...wide?!?!
Old 15th December 2005, 11:35   #5
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Guys see i am planning to get two 10" inch woffers may be kicker (the square one) in the back .A nice component system .Later i may end up putting 2 more 15" woffers in the trunk which can be removed when i need ie. thy wont be permanent.Now i want to know how important is an amplifier ,also i dont have any knowlede about sound system except that rms value should be high i need some o ne to explain me what is right and whats wrong that is whyt i am here. If i put such a setup in the car will the batteries drain out is there a solution to it.Also can i have these amps, sub, compo and speakers from different brands.
Old 15th December 2005, 13:47   #6
BHPian

1) Without an amplifier you cannot power a subwoofer. Installers will say that they can. By using the HU's output to power the sub but that is highly avoidable. Also using an amplifier to power your speakers is recommended as your speakers will sound more cleaner at medium to high volumes.

2) You are right about the RMS being high. RMS means root means square and is used to measure the output of sound. Its a more realistic value than PMPO and max. power.

3) With a good battery using 2 amplifiers with total output of 300/400 watts should not be a problem. But if your battery is old, you will need to change it. Also, with amplifiers in your car forget listening to your system with the engine off. You will just drain your battery very fast.

4) You can have any combination of speakers, HU, amp, subs. Except the CD changer if you are planning to install one. A CD changer will only mate to a HU from the same brand. Eg: Alpine hu to a Alpine changer or a Pioneer HU to a Pioneer changer. There is a way around this but it would deteriorate the sound quality. You would have to use a FM modulated CD changer.

Last edited by 5u3zEr0 : 15th December 2005 at 13:51.
Old 15th December 2005, 14:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Cool tips, 5u3zero!

I'm driving my pio 305F with a sony 502 amp and the rear 6x9s are just driven by the HU. The quality isnt that good, and looks like i need to drive my speakers also with an amp.
Old 17th December 2005, 13:39   #8
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Ok Guys if i have 50k to spend on soundsystem what should i buy ,I need a sub (two will be fine),one set of components ,One amp to power my subs ,comps,speakers,.Now i would like to know which brand should i use i liked the kickers sub (the square ones).Can any one get me the approx cost of having these things in the car and can i have these things for 50k ,Note:-I have a pioneer hu.
Old 17th December 2005, 16:54   #9
BHPian

As u want to do disco [mentuioed by u in ur 1st post] and u have Pio HU,here is my suggestion...................

1.Buy two subw with box
2.Buy two 4-ch amp like pio 6100
3.Buy a pair of compo for front
4.6x9 for rear in trey

Run front+rear with one amp and bridge other 4-ch to power two subw.

OR

Buy a 5-ch[u have that budget] and single subw with compo for front and 6x9 for rear and hook everything to amplifier.

I wud prefer 2nd option.
About brands u can always go through this site about what others have installed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks