BHPian

Fiat Punto MJD Active - ICE+wifi advice

Hi all,

Found this format to post in "Ask the Gurus", so here goes:

1. Your Car: FIAT Putno Active MJD
2. Your current setup (If any): NONE
3. Your Budget: As cheap as possible but no compromise on quality
4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? self-driven
5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Alt Rock, Trance, Old Hindi songs.
Additional Information:
6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : Modify door panels: yes, Boot space: Not much

My requirements:
Being a "Active" version of the FIAT, the car lacks damping and is very evident. So, the first thing to do is get good sound damping done. I wouldn't be using DVDs/CDs to play music. I prefer the internet radio and I want to install an iPod with wifi access (can access maps on it as well). Came across a 3G wifi router, which costs a lil over 4K + a USB modem (2k) = 6K for internet access. Now that I wont be using a head unit, could I just get a amp or any other configuration? (I know all would advice to go for head unit instead of an amp, but considering that for future upgrade, shouldn't I just invest on an amp instead of putting that money on a HU?). Also, I was thinking of getting only some good rear speakers as of now.
So far = dynamat+ipod+wifi+<whatever-goes-in-between>+speakers(2or4)

Please advice on what configuration I could go for and whether I am better off with a HU and may be a good place where I could get these things done in a professional and cost effective manner. Also, what is the best way & place to get the sound damping done? Would you suggest removing the dashboard and get it done between the engine and cabin too,as this is not present in the Active variant? (Firewall??) Would this lead to rattling later after some use?

A lot of questions, lot of confusion, I know, but I couldn't put all this in a better way. I am confused myself and not sure if I can get what I'm looking for. So, guys & gurus, please give your inputs to help me get some clarity :D

@Mods: Couldn't find an existing thread related to this. If you think there is a better place, please move this post there. Thank you!
Old 12th November 2010, 10:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwajid View Post
3. Your Budget: As cheap as possible but no compromise on quality
6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : Modify door panels: yes, Boot space: Not much
The cheapest alternate would be a HU+4 speakers.A pair of coax in the front doors and a pair of 6x9 in the rear deck. That would run you about 15-16K. For yor HU look at Pioneer, JVC, etc... for your speakers look at JBL, Bull Audio, Blaupunkt, etc..
Old 4th March 2011, 03:00   #3
BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto MJD Active - ICE+wifi advice

Thanks navin! Pioneer for the HU. Speakers - memphis. (courtesy - Satya - EVO) As for the wifi - ZTE Blade - An andriod with a wifi tethering option. (less than 10k super(kick@$$) andriod) Looks good so far. These things fail when roaming. So will have to check on that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks